• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
WOW FAWKING AMAZING!

SFU 08 Open house happening on the same freaking day, at 9000 level (main floor)..
http://www.sfu.ca/openhouse2008/

could be good/ bad news
good news is that there just MIGHT be people that sees our smash event and decide to join, never know. It was like that for me at my first tourney :o buying a drink downstair and saw Evan's SFU 2 and joined.

bad news is, there will be kids + families. I assume everyone know that this is a university, try not to ask others questions if you're not sure who to speak to, theres always my cell, call for help! and also, there will be NO SHOUTING, I know how hot my falcon is but try to keep it down. and shouting (loud LOUD shouting) will be done by only me as I call out matches or falcon etc... =)

if its just normal shouts/ trash talk while watching people play or playing, its fine =)

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I've got some news:

Depending on which connecting Ferries I get, I'll be there either at about 11:00 or 1:00. The TV and the set up I take will have to leave with me at approximately 5:30 PM.

I hope singles are done by then.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
SFU 08 and SFU 7 the same day hahaha
Oh well

It's the SFU by the mountain right? Now downtown type of thing? And can you post that map again> I'll easily get lost I'm sure :p

nvm it's on the first post

Oh, corrections on the confirmation list.

1. Daltsy is NOT coming for either weekend. He ditched me :{
2. I'm coming May 31st ONLY. With a Wii+Brawl!
3. It's spelt Jumblez, I just say other things lol

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'm going to bring my broken vcr(can't record), which will act as an rf switch for the tv that needs one.

Are there going to be enough set-ups? I'm 'bringing' 2 tv's yet only one wii

Rampage

vx
I'm going to bring my broken vcr(can't record), which will act as an rf switch for the tv that needs one.

Are there going to be enough set-ups? I'm 'bringing' 2 tv's yet only one wii
By the looks of it we will most likely have extra set ups haha

bring your TEEVEES

dieslow

Smash Ace
WOW FAWKING AMAZING!

SFU 08 Open house happening on the same freaking day, at 9000 level (main floor)..
http://www.sfu.ca/openhouse2008/

could be good/ bad news
good news is that there just MIGHT be people that sees our smash event and decide to join, never know. It was like that for me at my first tourney :o buying a drink downstair and saw Evan's SFU 2 and joined.

bad news is, there will be kids + families. I assume everyone know that this is a university, try not to ask others questions if you're not sure who to speak to, theres always my cell, call for help! and also, there will be NO SHOUTING, I know how hot my falcon is but try to keep it down. and shouting (loud LOUD shouting) will be done by only me as I call out matches or falcon etc... =)

if its just normal shouts/ trash talk while watching people play or playing, its fine =)
Brawl tourney ads on the main floor would be ****. More people!

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
MY NAME IS NOT RED ANYMORE!? THIS IS BULL SHI7!!!!!! nah jkin il come pwn yall tommorow XD, good luck guys : D

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
What's the room number?

Dynamism, get off at the last stop (bus loop) and walk down the path to the Applied Science Building. There's a map right outside the bus loop on the side of some small building as well.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Lol, gg's guys, fun tournament :D won 80$ ftw! btw, im the kid that got in 2nd place

oh yeah, gg's dieslow, wonderin if you play online so we can play eachother sometime ^_^

Firestorm88

Smash Lord

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Lol, gg's guys, fun tournament :D won 80$ ftw! btw, im the kid that got in 2nd place

oh yeah, gg's dieslow, wonderin if you play online so we can play eachother sometime ^_^
GOOD STUFF MAN!

wow couldn't believe how good u were.. however u played A LOT better against dieslow then u did against me... was it cause u never played against Mario before? XD

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the games guys i had lots of fun. Tony made me realize my faults with fox and I'll do my best to improve my fox for the next tourney i go to.

man sucks I didn't get to play you. Was very entertaining watching you and dieslow go at it.

ps - Peebles where the hell are you? Did you die? :confused:

pps - someone owes me an ike vs ike match

ppps - I forgot to show Adam the sheik ****** wolf/falco ftilt combo.

pppps - To the people I met who live in North Van, you forgot to give me your #s dammit!!!

ppppps - thanks for hosting Jack!

pppppps - someone stole someone else's wiimote and we're all gonna hunt you down and steal yours :p

Rampage

vx

Jesus f*ck...lol you like...skipped two of your matches...wtf was that all about? LOL

btw Good mindgamez n' ****e during your match with tony...UNDERTHESTAGEWUT?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
After the tourney, I'm missing my controller, so if anyone accidentally took an orange gamecube controller with some unintelligible sharpie markings on the back, pm me or somehting.

Lageno

Smash Rookie
That was good times, even if I did get taken out pretty fast. Definitely not spending the money to hit up EVO now haha! But I'll for sure come to another one of these next time it happens.
Special thanks to unityole for helping me find the place -- I was so poorly organized in that aspect.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
GOOD STUFF MAN!

wow couldn't believe how good u were.. however u played A LOT better against dieslow then u did against me... was it cause u never played against Mario before? XD
Yes, i remember playing you haha, you were freakin amazing with mario, literally FIRST decent mario ive ever played, mad props to you, you were too good

yeah, i did better against the matches on dieslow, it was entertaining hearing you guys "OHHHH, AHHHH WOAHHHHH" whenever we made eachtoeher fly across the stage when we were both at like 130% :D

GG's to everyone, sorry i didnt get to play all of you, hopefully see you guys on june 7th lolol

Rampage

vx
Yes, i remember playing you haha, you were freakin amazing with mario, literally FIRST decent mario ive ever played, mad props to you, you were too good

yeah, i did better against the matches on dieslow, it was entertaining hearing you guys "OHHHH, AHHHH WOAHHHHH" whenever we made eachtoeher fly across the stage when we were both at like 130% :D

GG's to everyone, sorry i didnt get to play all of you, hopefully see you guys on june 7th lolol
What's your name? and june 7th is MELEE DAY! with brawl like early early

Clouderz

Smash Ace
What's your name? and june 7th is MELEE DAY! with brawl like early early
uhhh my name is David, dont know why that matters though,

what time does brawl singles start on 7th? i havnt played melee in so long...

Rampage

vx
uhhh my name is David, dont know why that matters though,

what time does brawl singles start on 7th? i havnt played melee in so long...
Starts at the same time as melee doubles...around 11? Not 100% sure

haha well I'm just wondering because nobody seemed to know your name lol

melee > brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
Jesus f*ck...lol you like...skipped two of your matches...wtf was that all about? LOL
yea there was this thing called TRUST, and I also expect a certain level of maturity from everyone. Apparently someone decided to go to the bracket and change it while no one else is paying attention, resulted that clouderZ skipped 2 rounds and THAT IS VERY UNFAIR to the people that did not get to play. I am here to appoligize to the 2 players, Jeff and LoginError, TKB's brother.

Even though clouderz (David) did win, this is NOT how things should have turned out. They both payed the same amount of money to enter but had to wait out longer than others because they thought I am suppose to organize it properly.

then theres also this thing called theft. Sean and Matt were both here today to have fun, and to help me out as well by bringing their equipments and I'm really thankful to have them here today. Both Matt's controllers were out, Sean had his stuff in the bag the WHOLETIME. Then some people decided it was OKAY to flip through someone else's bag and take their wiimote / controller when they can't find their own.

Seriously people, grow up, dont tell me that I swear and don't have manners, this is MY TOURNAMENT and I run it how I like it. I DO NOT STEAL and I DO NOT CHANGE the bracket without playing the actual match.

IF ANYTHING, that I found out people upsets me or ANYONE that joins the tourney, I will personally, PERSONALLY (means 1v1) ask nicely of them to get their ***** to leave, NICELY.
and you can count on that.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
We just wanna know your name because when we're all face to face it feels more normal to call each other by name =)

Yeah, the theft and stuff is getting a little out of control. This is a tight-knit community and I'm really surprised stuff keeps going missing. I think in the future we should all at least put some tape or something on our controllers so they don't get accidently picked up. Although it could be theft =/ Ugh.

I have no idea what happened with the bracket. I think it's probably a misunderstanding over someone trying to sabotage the bracket though. I apologize for forgetting my laptop charger, it probably would have gone smoother if I wasn't an idiot.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
yea there was this thing called TRUST, and I also expect a certain level of maturity from everyone. Apparently someone decided to go to the bracket and change it while no one else is paying attention, resulted that clouderZ skipped 2 rounds and THAT IS VERY UNFAIR to the people that did not get to play. I am here to appoligize to the 2 players, Jeff and LoginError, TKB's brother.

Even though clouderz (David) did win, this is NOT how things should have turned out. They both payed the same amount of money to enter but had to wait out longer than others because they thought I am suppose to organize it properly.

then theres also this thing called theft. Sean and Matt were both here today to have fun, and to help me out as well by bringing their equipments and I'm really thankful to have them here today. Both Matt's controllers were out, Sean had his stuff in the bag the WHOLETIME. Then some people decided it was OKAY to flip through someone else's bag and take their wiimote / controller when they can't find their own.

Seriously people, grow up, dont tell me that I swear and don't have manners, this is MY TOURNAMENT and I run it how I like it. I DO NOT STEAL and I DO NOT CHANGE the bracket without playing the actual match.

IF ANYTHING, that I found out people upsets me or ANYONE that joins the tourney, I will personally, PERSONALLY (means 1v1) ask nicely of them to get their ***** to leave, NICELY.

sorry that happend, i hope i didnt do anything wrong o_O i just did what i was told xD

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
After the tourney, I'm missing my controller, so if anyone accidentally took an orange gamecube controller with some unintelligible sharpie markings on the back, pm me or somehting.
What you describe exactly, is what I just realized is in my Wii bag. I'll double check with my brother tomorrow, but if this is yours (which I think it is) I'll try to figure out a way to return it (be mail, a trip to drop it off, etc.)

Choronis

Smash Lord
<-- Rory, aka: red head

Just my 2 cents:

I had a lot of fun getting to play a few matches with yall and seeing how good you were. I was really impressed by a number of players that were there (makes me wish I had a Meta Knight to practice on before June 7 (I wanna rematch Firestorm!)) and all in all, everyone played with a good attitude, so props to everyone there.

However, it really sucks having to hear what happened about the theft and the manipulation of the tournament brackets. I can only imagine the kind of work and effort unitoyle had to put in to making this event happen and become a success, so HUGE thanks to you bud for hosting this. Hopefully the stuff gets returned, or people might not be willing to show up to have their stuff taken.

Tampering with the brackets = lame. Mistakes happen, yes, but intentional alterations like that is totally messed up. Its pretty much cheating.

PS: Where were you piegopher! I was kinda looking forward to seeing you again. Guessing the late night in the downtown east side got to you, eh? ;)

dieslow

Smash Ace
and gg everybody
and cloud is good at the game
and no i cant connect to wifi anymore cloud =\
and see u guys next Sat for more

unityole

Smash Lord
What you describe exactly, is what I just realized is in my Wii bag. I'll double check with my brother tomorrow, but if this is yours (which I think it is) I'll try to figure out a way to return it (be mail, a trip to drop it off, etc.)
thank you for bringing this up TKB, I'll let Matt know as soon as he gets on msn or when I see him.

<-- Rory, aka: red head

Just my 2 cents:

I had a lot of fun getting to play a few matches with yall and seeing how good you were. I was really impressed by a number of players that were there (makes me wish I had a Meta Knight to practice on before June 7 (I wanna rematch Firestorm!)) and all in all, everyone played with a good attitude, so props to everyone there.

However, it really sucks having to hear what happened about the theft and the manipulation of the tournament brackets. I can only imagine the kind of work and effort unitoyle had to put in to making this event happen and become a success, so HUGE thanks to you bud for hosting this. Hopefully the stuff gets returned, or people might not be willing to show up to have their stuff taken.

Tampering with the brackets = lame. Mistakes happen, yes, but intentional alterations like that is totally messed up. Its pretty much cheating.
Glad you had fun, and I wanted to thank you for the time you were here with your TV, didn't leave at all till the Brawl singles were at it's end. and Everyone who also brought their TV have my thanks as well, Canadian*Sniper, TKBrothers, BrownTown, Marcanus for his RF switch, Firestorm for his laptop and whomever brought that small TV.

dont **** with jack pls or else we wont have tournies
If things keep on going missing, I'll start making tournies with invites only. I pretty much have like a whole list of people who can come and go as they please, the people I trust. but this will also cause a lot of them to lose interest at the tourney. This is probably the best solution i can come up with for tourney for VanityAngel, if there are still things missing after the 7th.

Clouderz: good work on beating a lot of people and make your way to the 2nd, but few more things you have to work on. Try to read the thread/ posts more often, check them back to back, posts that are before or after etc.
You were at the tourney way too early, even though theres nothing wrong with it, you didn't get any games till like 30 mins after you arrived. anyway thanks for showing up early, there are still a lot of people who were late, but it was better than last couple times.

Liverymen + Camerican: I appoligize on my part of not telling you guys that there weren't any prize money for 3rd for Brawl doubles. I wasn't very familiar with the rules till the melee experts brought it up that we only had 10 or 11 teams. I did say 60/30/10 on the website and I will change that next time. Thanks for coming anyway, all the way from Whiterock and Victoria.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
ggs everyone. It was fun finally playing a bunch of people outside of Ktown. Usually it's just Tim, Jace, my bro and I. I'll try to get them to come with me next time. That was very entertaining. First tourney for both me and my bro outside of local stuff and it went well. Got a little better and got an idea of where we are. Now I have an idea on where I need work and next time, maybe I'll actually counter pick instead of Random every single match considering I can counter pick with any character haha. Me is a dummy. I lost a few times because of stubborness for Random but omg Random is so much fun lol. I guess if I ever want to actually win I have to give up a "little tiny" bit of fun to do better. Some of you were probably just plain better than me but I could've at least given you more of a run for your money. Maybe.... ;b

Never did get to MM some of you either. (Tony, Eric, Cloud?, Rampage?) Would've loved to test my Luigi as an MK counter on one of you lol. Oh well, next time I'll make sure I can. Glad my bro did really well too. He's only really picked this game up a week ago and he won like 3 rounds or something. Impressed me anyway lol. He's gonna be better than me eventually if he keeps this up o.O

I had everything in my bag the whole time but nothing got stolen. I had no idea other people lost stuff. That's just stupid. Seriously! Jack and the many people that show up and help set up and get everything organized and there are THAT many difficulties regarding brackets and controllers etc. Come on people, you either know who you are and shouldn't come at all or you just made a simple mistake and can easily fix it cause they do happen. If you ever intentionally change something or steal something or ever plan to at a future event, please don't come to this again.

Nice work Tony and David, that was very entertaining. Eric, your Mario is top tier for sure. Everyone else, keep practicing and getting better cause you all have potential and this game just started. Whenever the next tourney comes around, (not SFU 7 next weekend) I'll try and find a way to get to it and hopefully have a chance to play everyone a little more. Hopefully I'll drive, bring my own TV along with the set up I had this time and I'll get my own corner to MM people all night. That would be totally awesome. lol

OH, BOWSER AND MARIO TEAMING UP FOR DOUBLES IS INCREDIBLY FUN, TRY IT!
First time I ever got to play on the same team as my bro and it was a blast.

James out, back off to Kelowna to play to drumz forever and ever and ever, until next time.

AND THANKS A TON FOR EVERYTHING JACK

Edit: If anyone wants to Brawl online, let me know. (Or my bro) I'd love to play some of you. Firestorm, David, Canadian*S, Corb, Adam, anyone else.

AIDS

Smash Lord

We never had these problems with the meele community, neither did **** go missing as often.

GG

-SpaceFalcon

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Edit: If anyone wants to Brawl online, let me know. (Or my bro) I'd love to play some of you. Firestorm, David, Canadian*Sniper, Corb, Adam, anyone else.
I'll play you online but really online is dumb. I think TKB will agree with me on this because I play a hell of a lot better playing LAN than on wifi. add me on msn, yahoo, or aim sometime and we'll exchange friend codes.

PM me for my instant messaging address.

OlliMaru

Smash Rookie
Sorry Dan - It was my bday on friday and my rents wanted to do all the 'celebrating' on the saturday and then I had the concert i was paying in at night so I couldn't make it out there....and i can't make the 7th date either so im really pissed :(.

When are there gunna be vids of the first half of SFU7?!?!?! I can't wait to see some of the matches! Everyone had fun I take it!? Was it overall a success Jack??

Bwmat

Smash Ace
As far as I know they're won't be any vids.
there were no vcr's or anything, unfortunately.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I'll play you online but really online is dumb. I think TKB will agree with me on this because I play a hell of a lot better playing LAN than on wifi. add me on msn, yahoo, or aim sometime and we'll exchange friend codes.

PM me for my instant messaging address.
Agreed. But when your only source of competition is online its a lot better than fighting CPU's all day. A lot of my characters are severely gimped over wifi, but its better than nothing.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
We never had these problems with the meele community, neither did **** go missing as often.

GG

-SpaceFalcon
I remember that time where I think the cops were called because Evan's stuff was stolen by some moron. Where were you and Keith anyway? I thought I saw you guys at the very beginning and then no clue what happened next.

As far as I know they're won't be any vids.
there were no vcr's or anything, unfortunately.
Yeah, there was no recording. Which is a shame as finals were pretty good.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Finals were entertaining for sure. No vids though :\ Bring something on the 7th I guess.

AIDS, I saw your tag on a screne there but never saw you, you're another one I want to MM. Where did you go? And SF too?

CS/TKB, Online is a completely different game but it's still fun. I play for fun more than anything, I wouldn't be Random ALL of the time if I didn't find it extremely fun and online is still plenty fun. Luckily I have Jace, recently Tim, and now my bro to play. Fun fun fun!!!! :p

Top Bottom