• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
I would bring my tv, but its slowly started to lose its plastic EVERY **** TIME i take it to sfu for a tourny, so this time it stays home : /

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Sheeet... 5 tvs? Dang, too bad I'm taking the bus cause I have the perfect easy transport tv to bring. Hopefully I'll have a vehicle that works next time. :\ Seriously, my tv is beautiful and a good size, it might as well be called "Smash Bros Official TV" lol

Also, I'm interested in BRAWLING on Friday cause I suck and need to get WAY better. Especially in certain match ups. For instance, in Kelowna, there are just a few good players but a few players can't cover all of the characters as mains. One example, I've never played a good Fox live, weird isn't it? I judge match ups on how well my Fox does against others, that's just wrong lol. And I gotta get good before the tourney the next day obviously lol. I have like 2-3 days o.O

I will be Brawling with my bro Tony on Friday but some Vancouverites would be fun to friendly with too. If Tim was coming then maybe melee cause he's freakin good and it's fun to try and win like 1 out of 20 matches against him. lol But no melee for me until I'm good at Brawl on some level that I'm ok with for myself. HA

I'll have my wii and Brawl if needed though. Doubt we'll need it :\

Who wants to show up at SFU at 10am and friendly me? Maybe mm? lol

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm still looking for someone in the Burnaby area to Brawl on Friday. I have the whole day free so I'd like to get some good smash in.

TKB, live matches for once in friendlies before or after the tourney? lol

Looks like Daltsy wont be coming with me :(
Sure.

Could you guys confirm my brother (Login Error), he'll be going as well (for the 31st).

If you need another Wii + brawl I can probably convince him to bring it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If only my friend will pick up his phone.
He has my cube,controllers,smash,T.V and my RF switch..

unityole

Smash Lord
I would bring my tv, but its slowly started to lose its plastic EVERY **** TIME i take it to sfu for a tourny, so this time it stays home : /
OMG u serious? no TV this time? this is gonna be death man... 5 TVs might not work out.
well i guess if people can't bring TV and we run out of time, I'll just cancel some events.

THATS RIGHT, I"LL CANCEL SOME EVENTS IF WE DONT GET ENOUGH TVS

Roby: plz do keep calling ur friend till he answers the phone, and if anyone, ANYONE WHO HAS a RF switch, plz bring it...

Clouderz

Smash Ace
5 TV's....****....if you cancel brawl singles, who know's what'll happen, D: i wanna win money lol :D

unityole

Smash Lord
good luck with that LOL
well what would get cancelled first? brawl doubles or 64?
why would i cancel 64 as it only take up 1 TV? why would i cancel my favourite event if ppl who wants to play dont bring TV? i provided the room and 2 TVs already so i also expect people to help out as well.

setups are good, but not enough TVs, help out peeps!

5 TV's....****....if you cancel brawl singles, who know's what'll happen, D: i wanna win money lol :D
well each participants put in 10 bucks, right now theres like 35 to 40 ppl, if not all join brawl singles, then 30ish. 300 dollars first place gets 60 percent of that :/ you can do the math =D.
2nd gets 30 percent of that, around 90 bucks as first takes 180? 3rd takes 30 bucks.

imo everyone has equal chance to win, just like **** =)

Lageno

Smash Rookie
How much notice would be given if the event is canceled? I wouldn't mind knowing before I board the ferry.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Huh? You might cancel Brawl? There better be some notice =/ I took a day off work for this. I'm not attending if Brawl is cancelled.

unityole

Smash Lord
Im brining 1 TV and Eric is gonna take it home with him. Gawd you ppl suck. Im going for 3 hours and im leaving my TV in the hands of someone else!
thank YOU John

excellent, now we can all be happy and play some falcon, i mean smash.
i had to go to matt's house and bring his tv for him :/

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I feel so bad now that I'm taking the bus and can't take my perfect "Official Smash TV" with me. At least we can (get) ****(d) with(by) Falcons(****) in Brawl(rapesauce)

Thanks a TON John. I'll watch over Eric for you is he's watching the TV so it'll be like back up protection or something. lol Or not.

Also, deconfirm Daltsy, confirm Jumblez in place of him.

AND CONFIRMED SOME SICK DYNA RANDOM (JIGGS) ACTION IN BRAWL THIS WEEKEND W00T! lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
To Jack and anyone else running the tourney on Saturday: Good luck. You're gonna need it. To everyone else: Good luck to you, too and I hope you get some friendlies in as well. :p

I'll try and be around the second weekend with a few other Victoria guys, but it depends on homework and who else from our crew is able to go. Summer semester sucks :(

OlliMaru

Smash Rookie
Sooo apparently my rents got tickets for a concert June 7th that they never told me about....it's a matinée so unfortunately I won't be able to make June 7th anymore but I'll come for the first little bit of the 31st...

pleeeease I would loove to know when there are any other brawl tournaments expected...im so bummed I weon't get to play singles :(:(

unityole

Smash Lord
Sooo apparently my rents got tickets for a concert June 7th that they never told me about....it's a matinée so unfortunately I won't be able to make June 7th anymore but I'll come for the first little bit of the 31st...

pleeeease I would loove to know when there are any other brawl tournaments expected...im so bummed I weon't get to play singles :(:(
constantly check up on tournament listing that has title with SFU in it :/
or bc canada thread?

im thinking of making another one for vanityangel since hes coming from UK to vancouver, will prob be a month away from now, but im kinda tight on my money havent win any poker or hockey bets lately, and i stopped working since start of this semester, so no money.

we'll c.. soon..

I'll bring my laptop then. I have tio.
Im bringing 2 TV's and going to make the bracket. You will have to write down the bracket because im taking my laptop with me.
John + Firestorm 's falcon: you showed me your moves.
i wanted to get permission like, granted 100% from esss so i rented lounge for the 2 weekends, just to be on the safe side with SFU securities etc. if im not so tight on money i would have pay for your brawl entrance.

we'll c though, might have spare cash.

thanks a million anyway.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
SOMEONE GET TONY!

And if you need a "donation" Jack, I'd be happy to chip in a few bucks (just a few, I'm blowing a lot of money this weekend lol). After all, you did change the date of this tourney for ME :]

So what's the TV situations potential? like 20 tvs? (plz) GAHAHA

Rampage

vx

How about just not going? lol

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
SOMEONE PICK UP TONY!

I'm driving John and Adam to the tourney and 2 TV's.. so I won't be able to pick you up Tony..

Wait... can't you drive to the tournament TONY?

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
If you guys really need a TV, my brother has given me permission to bring a TV of his as long as I haul it up/unload it at the tournament. You still need more TV's on the 31st?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
YES!! we will need your TV for May 31st Tynan! So please bring it if you can!

ALSO PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE A SET UP BRING IT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THERES GONNA BE MORE TV's THEN SET UPS! AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE WII MOTE AND THE SENSOR BAR FOR THE WII! AND BRING BRAWL AS WELL!!!

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
YES!! we will need your TV for May 31st Tynan! So please bring it if you can!

ALSO PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE A SET UP BRING IT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THERES GONNA BE MORE TV's THEN SET UPS! AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE WII MOTE AND THE SENSOR BAR FOR THE WII! AND BRING BRAWL AS WELL!!!
Alright, and I can also likely bring a second set up (Wii + Brawl). I'll confirm this very soon.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm bringing my classic controller instead of the sensor bar. It can also be used in any other WiiMote, sensor bar isn't essential.

unityole

Smash Lord
SOMEONE PICK UP TONY!

I'm driving John and Adam to the tourney and 2 TV's.. so I won't be able to pick you up Tony..

Wait... can't you drive to the tournament TONY?
SOMEONE PICK UP TONY! GREAT HELP ERIC, THANKS YO SAMUS

And if you need a "donation" Jack, I'd be happy to chip in a few bucks (just a few, I'm blowing a lot of money this weekend lol). After all, you did change the date of this tourney for ME :]

So what's the TV situations potential? like 20 tvs? (plz) GAHAHA
right now we got like, 7-8 TVs now? not sure, gotta count it up again.
ah donation would be great, but its fine no worries. i got enough to keep this up for another year or 2.. gg no re

i can bring a TV + wii if someone picks me up in surrey
give him a ride, someone?

Tynan: yes we need your TV, please bring it, it'll help us all, thank you

unityole

Smash Lord
now that we got more TVs, people plz do bring brawl setup.
at the smashfest 2 weeks ago we had 4 TVs, which was awesome for total players of 14ish, but then we only had 1 brawl and 1 melee setup..

people please, PLEASE DO NOT expect others will bring w/e is needed for you, bring your setup and everything else just in case cause you never know what might happen. carrying wii + the game + controllers + some power cord isnt much work at all, put them all into your bag, just like high school and get em here.

thanks plenty again.

Lageno

Smash Rookie
I can bring my Wii + Brawl, just be gentle with it.
Is it essential for me to bring the sensor bar + Wiimote or are you able to just plug in a classic controller, flick through the options to get Brawl going, then unplug? Or should I just bring the thing anyway?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I can bring my Wii + Brawl, just be gentle with it.
Is it essential for me to bring the sensor bar + Wiimote or are you able to just plug in a classic controller, flick through the options to get Brawl going, then unplug? Or should I just bring the thing anyway?
No need for sensor bar. I'll have my classic with me. We only need to start up the game once anyway.

Top Bottom