• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
oh sorry jack, dint see your post o.o

dnnno if we'll go to the one on the 7th but 31st looks tight, so much money

WELL THE 7th HAS MELEE!!!!, and A BRAWL SINGLE TOURNAMENT!!!
PIZZA AT HALF COST FOR MELEERS, HOW IS THAT NOT TIGHT?
:/

trozz: kk i'll confirm u and 6 other for 31st.

eric: i really have to cap it now, i think we got too much people coming.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I might not be able to make it in time. >.>

I'm not going to be able to get into Vancouver until almost 1:00, and SFU will take time to make it in as well. I'm coming for the singles. So I'll probably end up missing it (unless doubles takes hours to finish).

The other alternative is that I could come over on the 30th, and stay somewhere then make it on time the next day.

unityole

Smash Lord
anybody else who can bring TV/brawl setups/ power bars on the 31st?

greatly appreciated!

ANOTHER REMINDER on the days of the tourney. THE TOURNAMENT STRICTLY STARTS AT 11:00AM, that means, BE HERE AT LEAST 15-30 minutes early to register/sign up for events, also warm up.

I WILL ENFORCE THIS RULE by force doubles to start at 11:00AM. if we don't have enough people at 11, DOUBLES WILL START, and if people don't feel like playing it cause too less of a competition/team, I WILL CANCEL DOUBLE S AND START SINGLES.

So for those who decided to be 10-15 mins late, GGs to you all

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
anybody else who can bring TV/brawl setups/ power bars on the 31st?

greatly appreciated!

ANOTHER REMINDER on the days of the tourney. THE TOURNAMENT STRICTLY STARTS AT 11:00AM, that means, BE HERE AT LEAST 15-30 minutes early to register/sign up for events, also warm up.

I WILL ENFORCE THIS RULE by force doubles to start at 11:00AM. if we don't have enough people at 11, DOUBLES WILL START, and if people don't feel like playing it cause too less of a competition/team, I WILL CANCEL DOUBLE S AND START SINGLES.

So for those who decided to be 10-15 mins late, GGs to you all
If that's the case I'm going to have to find some way to get there early. I'll probably have to head into the area on the 30th, then wait until the morning. >.>

Maybe.

unityole

Smash Lord
If that's the case I'm going to have to find some way to get there early. I'll probably have to head into the area on the 30th, then wait until the morning. >.>

Maybe.
that post was meant for those who think its okay to be like 15- 30 mins late since i always end up holding tournaments till later. if you reall can't make it cause you're from far, or other inconvinences/reasoning its fine.

but most likely u will miss the doubles if you can only be here in the afternoon.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
that post was meant for those who think its okay to be like 15- 30 mins late since i always end up holding tournaments till later. if you reall can't make it cause you're from far, or other inconvinences/reasoning its fine.

but most likely u will miss the doubles if you can only be here in the afternoon.
Well I wasn't planning on entering the doubles. Would the singles have started by around 1-2 in the afternoon?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
hitsugaya + dieslow = ****^2
Superboom: boom + dieslow = (**** + 1) ^2

anyone want to team with me for 64? dont have a partner..
how about a lvl 9 cp?
I've been practicing 64 this week, I play Fox and Pikachu if I have to. :p
Well I'll be at this weeks smashfest we can play some 64 and decide to team up maybe.

This tournament looks like it's gonna be big. So everyone who says they can bring T.V bring one! last time it got slow.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Well I wasn't planning on entering the doubles. Would the singles have started by around 1-2 in the afternoon?
My dad says he can probably drive me in, so I'd arrive in time for the registration at 11. If that works out my brother (login error) will also come. If that doesn't work out I'll have to hope that singles haven't started by 2:00 or so. >.>

I think it'll work out. :)

unityole

Smash Lord
I've been practicing 64 this week, I play Fox and Pikachu if I have to. :p
Well I'll be at this weeks smashfest we can play some 64 and decide to team up maybe.
i thought u only play melee?

My dad says he can probably drive me in, so I'd arrive in time for the registration at 11. If that works out my brother (login error) will also come. If that doesn't work out I'll have to hope that singles haven't started by 2:00 or so. >.>

I think it'll work out. :)
I would say 3-4 hours, IF WE DO GET ALL 6 TVS working.. so yea singles wont still around past 2 pm

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so ive come upon something really reallly lame that quite a few characters can do to ness and lucas(Lucas being one of my characters atm) and i was thinking I should try and get it banned cause well... its just plain not fair at all, lucas and nesses escaping a grab animation are so long that they can be grabed again by quite a few characters... and this can do done from 0-death easilly.... try marth to test if you want... and well to kill 2 characters in a tourny just cause of somthing retardly broken like that.... i think we should put a bit of a cap on it...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ok, so ive come upon something really reallly lame that quite a few characters can do to ness and lucas(Lucas being one of my characters atm) and i was thinking I should try and get it banned cause well... its just plain not fair at all, lucas and nesses escaping a grab animation are so long that they can be grabed again by quite a few characters... and this can do done from 0-death easilly.... try marth to test if you want... and well to kill 2 characters in a tourny just cause of somthing retardly broken like that.... i think we should put a bit of a cap on it...
Will not be banned. Should not be banned. Only Marth and Pokemon Trainer can infinite. That or I read the last topic I've seen on it wrong. Either way, it should not be banned. Most characters can only just lead out of it with a combo.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Wobbling didn't either. The technique should not be banned yet. Especially when it's glaringly obvious that not enough testing has been done with it.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
wobbling did take skill, this you just mash the z button and its an infinite... thats not skill wobbling took precise timing...... and there has been a fair bit of testing, and there really isnt much you can do except physicly hit the opponent in real life or cut his controller wire ect ; /

Rampage

vx
wobbling did take skill, this you just mash the z button and its an infinite... thats not skill wobbling took precise timing...... and there has been a fair bit of testing, and there really isnt much you can do except physicly hit the opponent in real life or cut his controller wire ect ; /
haha I've known about the release grab for a while now. It can be broken out of with a jump escape

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
no it cant rampage -_- if the opponent does grab attacks repeadly with say the z button as marth you will never get out... no matter what it always breaks you out forward and he grabs you again, its an infinite that takes absolutly no skill, a trained monkey could do this ffs. + on top of taking no skill all it does is take 2 characters out of tourny play, and seriosly wth is the point on not bannning somthing that does that? its supposidly "not bannable" from what other people are saying but i dont see how it cant be banned. Can a knowledgeable smasher please post back about this im kinda curios as to what you will say.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ok. How do you propose you ban this move? Marth isn't allowed to grab? Marth can only grab once in a row? Marth can only grab twice in a row? And if you do, why is Dedede's chain throw not banned too? Only Marth is really your problem here, every other character has a grab combo but not an infinite as far as I know.

unityole

Smash Lord
firestorm and camerian should not talk about that here
bring that topic under brawl section.
nothing will be banned and it will be left like this as it is since the last SFU brawl tourney.

this is a tournament thread not to argue characters banning, or rules etc..

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
squirtel charizard icies marth can all do it, and its not that you ban marth grabing... just if he continualy attacks in his grabs to get you to forced out in front.. its blatant as hell if your doing or if your not. anyways i went here cause its the host who decides the rules not anyone else XD

unityole

Smash Lord
squirtel charizard icies marth can all do it, and its not that you ban marth grabing... just if he continualy attacks in his grabs to get you to forced out in front.. its blatant as hell if your doing or if your not. anyways i went here cause its the host who decides the rules not anyone else XD
since im not good at brawl/ at rules for brawl
i'll leave it for the pros, tony, ryan, eric etc

but then if theres something ppl feel like should be changed in a majority number then we can talk about it. ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT of course.. or PM me.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Will not be banned. Should not be banned. Only Marth and Pokemon Trainer can infinite. That or I read the last topic I've seen on it wrong. Either way, it should not be banned. Most characters can only just lead out of it with a combo.
And it is escapable. Its as bad as getting chaingrabbed by Mario/Ganon in Melee by a good player. I use Ness a lot and can escape within 3-4 grabs (and since you receive almost no damage from the grab punching I can't see it as being broken).

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
ok for the record its not escapable at all like you can go to 999 with wave bird well cooking having sex and watching tv and still do this its one button repeated thats it its an infinite takes no skill you dont even need to be looking at the screen.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
Well, no Lucas for me :s.

Guess I'll have to use Zelda and Pit :D

Btw, trained monkeys are trained.

So you can't argue with that.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Blatant as hell, but that's not how you enforce rules. You have to set something concrete. And I don't think it needs to be banned. Just have to know that you should not play Ness or Lucas against Marth. If you do, then for the love of god do not get grabbed! PT isn't used too much at tournaments so far. How many people used him at SFU 6?

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Blatant as hell, but that's not how you enforce rules. You have to set something concrete. And I don't think it needs to be banned. Just have to know that you should not play Ness or Lucas against Marth. If you do, then for the love of god do not get grabbed! PT isn't used too much at tournaments so far. How many people used him at SFU 6?
Yeah, I agree. I actually faced a Marth who did that to me while I was Ness. I still won, and I was able to escape fairly easily. Its in no way shape or form an infinite.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
yes it is an infinite for the love of god o_0 he just didnt know what he was doing.
Also, if they decide to grab you its not exactly hard in brawl
2: say you win the first set they pick final d, you pick lucas they counter pick charizard or marth you lose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-AKKso_Po granted its a comp, but it does work i have tested it , no hope of escape enless you do stuff outside of the game.

Top Bottom