• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
That makes no sense but ok, lets do it!
Lol ganja johns.

I dunno I'll try to carry my small t.v on the bus, it's pretty light weight. Hopefully I have the authorization to make it a meele only tv >_>

Edit: Jack can we have SSBM low tier singles on june 7th? Since SSBB singles is under a maybe, why do we need two?

Unless Tony bribed you to make that event twice. =P

unityole

Smash Lord
Lol ganja johns.

I dunno I'll try to carry my small t.v on the bus, it's pretty light weight. Hopefully I have the authorization to make it a meele only tv >_>

Edit: Jack can we have SSBM low tier singles on june 7th? Since SSBB singles is under a maybe, why do we need two?

Unless Tony bribed you to make that event twice. =P
uh ok try to carry your TV cause i'm sure we'll need it.
depend on how many TV we can get on the 7th, if 3+ we might be able to add melee lowtier.
i'll be joining melee singles, low tiers (right, i consider MY falcon as a low tier character in melee..) for sure, maybe doubles if i get a partner. and yes the TV you brought will be authorized by you, used for melee only.

possibly a small Brawl singles, and some brawl friendlies but in general, i want MELEE to be BIG on the 7th. so hopefully robbie, manli, keith, ryan, tiep and john can all come.

the cost for pizza is at half prize, POSSIBLY FREE for the people WHO JOINS MELEE singles + doubles.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I'm bringing my friend (and doubles partner) for the May 31st events. His alias is Goku/Jeff.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
unconfirmed Me, ross, kurtis, matt, sho, Rob, and francis for the 7th.

If Ross can come, he will most likely be bring a tv, a wii, and a copy of brawl.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
you guys aren't coming for the 31st?
Well...in the end, it's Ross' say since he'll probably be driving us. But since there's brawl singles on the 2nd day, and most of us enjoy melee more, we'll see. I really don't have any info since the only one I've talked to since I posted that was Matt, and he's going to be over there for both days anyways since he lives in Abbotsford.

Rampage

vx
Well...in the end, it's Ross' say since he'll probably be driving us. But since there's brawl singles on the 2nd day, and most of us enjoy melee more, we'll see. I really don't have any info since the only one I've talked to since I posted that was Matt, and he's going to be over there for both days anyways since he lives in Abbotsford.
I seriously doubt there will be 2 brawl singles...There better not be Jack :mad:

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Attention!!!!!!!!!!

BRING A SET UP IF YOU HAVE ONE AND A TV IF YOU CAN BRING ONE PLEASE!

DOESEN'T MATTER HOW MANY TV's AND SET UPS WE HAVE THE MORE THE BETTER AND THEREFORE MORE TIME TO DO THE TOURNAMENT!

SETUP's INCLUDE: N64 + ssb + controllers
Gamecube + ssbm +memory card
Wii + Brawl + memory card

Also if you can bring recording equipment for videos and those Power Bars for pluging into!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Triple Post!!!!!!!!

Koopabros. said he will come on May 31st unless something comes up..

and his brother is interested in coming as well.. put him as a maybe for now..

He's gonna bring a set up for sure.. (Wii + Memory card + SSBB)

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Also, Jack...I know this is a pretty big stretch, but is there ANY way you can do the brawl singles first along with melee doubles?

Every single time we are forced to retreat back to the island before we're beaten (except me last time :p) and the rest have to disqualify ourselves. Since the brawl tourney for the second day is a small one, can it please please please be anywhere but last?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hello, it's Rob from the Victoria crew. Can you also unconfirm me for the 31st? I don't know if I will be able to show up at all for the tournament, but if I do show up, I would like to try all 3 smash games to see how I compare to the rest of BC (if I'm at the bottom or not :p)

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'd be there both weekends. I'm still going to be in Victoria under a big course load all summer and I don't know if I'd have the time, money or willpower to go to the mainland both weekends. If I go at all, it'll probably be for the second weekend only.

edit: Oh, wait, I think I see how that line of thinking came around. I think it's just some bad wording on my part in some slightly private-er communication. Carry on :p

Anyway, I'd bring a Cube and Melee if I end up going.

unityole

Smash Lord
Also, Jack...I know this is a pretty big stretch, but is there ANY way you can do the brawl singles first along with melee doubles?

Every single time we are forced to retreat back to the island before we're beaten (except me last time :p) and the rest have to disqualify ourselves. Since the brawl tourney for the second day is a small one, can it please please please be anywhere but last?
excellent reasoning, DONE.

Brawl singles on the 7th, will start at the same time as MELEE doubles, AS EARLY AS 11:00 AM. THE TOURNAMENT WILL NOT WAIT FOR ANYONE WHO"S LATE (well maybe like 10 mins)
BUT THAT IS UP TO ME TO DECIDE, cause my cfalcon is hot.

unityole

Smash Lord
lol it's cause my flight leaves on Friday may 30th and i can't move it nor can I take it cause ill be working....

this tournament is looking better then CT4 anyway lol
all my tournaments = hot as ever! >>>>> CT4 xD GGs no re

unityole

Smash Lord
So is there going to be any Melee on the 31st?
... THERE IS NONE on 31st, NO MELEE
plz read the thread, its all clear there.

if it says Brawl + 64, means Brawl + 64.
things wont change even if people ask, this is how i planned it. Unless somethings came up and I decided to change.

so, i'll say it again, May 31st - Brawl + SSB64, June 7th - Melees + Brawl singles

Brawl singles and Melee doubles will start first thing, then followed by melee singles, on the 7th.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
No, I meant Melee friendlies.

So there is ABSOLUTELY NO Melee on the 31st.

Kk.

Lageno

Smash Rookie
I will most likely be there for the 31st for Brawl, I've been waiting for a tournament this close to come up. I suppose this will determine if I should attend EVO or not, I haven't had anybody to test myself against to see if I'm any good or not.
Will be a bit groggy having to get up that early though, I work nightshift : /

Rampage

vx
I will most likely be there for the 31st for Brawl, I've been waiting for a tournament this close to come up. I suppose this will determine if I should attend EVO or not, I haven't had anybody to test myself against to see if I'm any good or not.
oh buddy you should have come to sfu 6

We had rohins and...silent wolf, eggz, and djc

D:

unityole

Smash Lord
Sup, Ill be attending both. Can bring 2 TV's if someone gives me a ride there and back.
roger that!
John care to team with me for ssb64 doubles? if theres time for 64 doubles..
I don't have partner this time :/ Adam going to CT4

I'll put u as confirmed then.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I've got a bit of a problem. My Wii has this over heating problem, and if played for too long, it will shut off without any notice besides the Wii starting to get hot, something that is not necessarily visible. Should I bring my GC instead?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I've got a bit of a problem. My Wii has this over heating problem, and if played for too long, it will shut off without any notice besides the Wii starting to get hot, something that is not necessarily visible. Should I bring my GC instead?
Take your Wii to Nintendo of Canada and get it fixed if it's still under warranty. Or even if it's not. They're located in Richmond.

Rampage

vx
Doesn't really matter unless you bring a tv as well. but if you are bringing a tv then just bring the gc. Remember, NO MELEE ON 31ST : P

Metà

Smash Master
Yakal, that's a negatory on the TV. Even though your TV has been at my house since SFU6, I still can't let you just borrow my TV while I'm in Europe.

Also, who else is coming to the smashfest next (?) week at SFU?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Firestorm: I live in the Okanagan, so that may be awhile. How long do they take normally with the Wii? I am coming down on June 2nd/3rd, for other reasons, so will it be fixed by then?

Rampage: I won't be bringing a TV, that I know. So, I should just bring the Wii anyway?

Rampage

vx
alright evan. I was just wondering since we'll need more tvs

@ Lib3r4t3
Well you said your wii was having problems so I don't know. Bring it if you want though

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
FireStorm88:

I will cancel the flight soon..
I just got the job recently, so I don't wanna try asking it off work:p
I work for Honda Canada Inc. and I'm doing warehouse work there..

Top Bottom