• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
"Upload results for SFSU Monthly #3
Results file
To upload results for your tournament, attach your tio data file (*.tio) and fill out the questions in the form below. tia staff will validate your results and post them within 48 hours; you will be notified when the results are live so you can process them. "

Sorry again all for getting kicked out at 3 :/

Congrats to Forward, lunin, and SS.

Edit: Dunno, delph. After what happened today along with my results, I don't really know if I want to host anymore - along with the fact that my parents are pissed (they're NEVER happy when I play smash -_-)

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
i sck balls at this one cause i was tired like simna, i want next one quick, cause i didnt really show my falco, it scked

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Don't worry too much about what happened, syra. It's a good venue and you seem like you can keep things going smoothly. I don't think most of us hold it too much against you, so I think people will show up as long as you hold these and can give assurance that the time factor thing won't happen.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Love hanging out with everyone, you guys are the best.

Now, this is not an insult. And this is not me being mean. Cause like I said I love you.

But WTF.

WTFFF

WHO ARE YOU? IM TALKING TO YOU GUY WITH THE HAT ON WITH THE GIRL WITH THE RIPPED PANTS. WTF NEVER EVEN SEEN YOU GUYS BEFORE AND ALL OF SUDDEN YOU'RE LIKE IN THE MIX. WTF IS THE MIX.

**** the mix.

what the ****.

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
The tourney went well syra held his ground even though we got kicked out at 3:00 =/ he's a good host me and cheese are looking forward to the next one =)

BTW May 19th Tourney at The___Cheese's garage we got ppl going already including Delphiki and his crew it should be under his post it's going to be in San Pablo if anyone is interested in comming because it went well last time =) theres a nations right around the corner if anyone gets hungry

syra76

Smash Journeyman
NK: It actually IS for a premed club. I took 10% out for the club, but they're like WTF...you were there for like 10 hours just to get $20 for the club...we'll just give you 2x or 3x that much and you stay home. I already told them that I get volunteer hours as well for "helping the community" and ****, but they're too stubborn :/.

The CGC club will still be getting the rooms and I'll still be cosigning the papers 'n stuff. I's just that I won't be showing up or actually hosting the next one. I'll show one of the CGC club members where to download tio and how to use it. It'll probably end up being the same three rooms, 4 TVs courtesy SFSU, but extended until 6.

Ender/Snap: Hmmm..."you will be notified when the results are live so you can process them"...so I'm still waiting for someone from nealpro :p

Figs: We actually started like 1 and 1/4 hours...xD

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
This was great.

Forward came for his last day.

NK came.

Kawn came.

these are fun rarities ^_____^ V

and and afterrrr..we went shopping and eating and.......iono

lol

ok anyway, good stuff.

btw TANG did real good in marvel vs capcom 2 tourney downstairs that day.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Was fun :) Too bad I left early when I thought we were kicked out definately, already made the call for pick up :( Either way fun matches and alot of people.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
WTFFF

WHO ARE YOU? IM TALKING TO YOU GUY WITH THE HAT ON WITH THE GIRL WITH THE RIPPED PANTS. WTF NEVER EVEN SEEN YOU GUYS BEFORE AND ALL OF SUDDEN YOU'RE LIKE IN THE MIX. WTF IS THE MIX.

**** the mix.

what the ****.
LOL Frotaz. The girl in ripped pants is my gf, she doesn't play smash, she just wanted to come and hang out with me. And as for the guy in the hat, he is my friend who like, just recently got into playing smash semi-seriously. We're both good friends with Syra, we went to school with him and such, and I'm friends with like half the people that attended, as well as brought forward to the tourney XD. It was cool though, good tourney, its a shame they kicked us out and we couldn't do teams...oh well, hanging out after was hella cool and stuff.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Yep, hey Eric! Cubaisdeath is Zelgadis' disciple, so watch out for him...he's got a lot better :)!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
SADOWBTZO OMFG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! -dies-
lolz....:p

Anyway umm fun tourny, just wish we coulda did teams =/. Went pretty smoothly, just i noticed alot of matches weren't going on, I waited for probly an hour and a half for the winner of a particular match. Other than that though, went pretty well...sorry didn't feel like monitoring matches or helping out much, it's been awhile since i've been able to just enter and have fun =P. All in all good tourny, and I'd attend again...if I can get a ride:psycho:

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hey, will these tournaments be held through the summer? I live in the bay area and I'm interested in bringing my friends up. Gosh I'd love to see my roomate get his butt kicked :chuckle:

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Lumancer: Most likely we'll be hosting a HUGE one in the summer which I may be able to host. There may be another one before the summer, but I won't be hosting it.

Thanks Neal <3

No prob, I gave credit to you and delph anyways for trying to help me. The brackets were almost perfect after delph and lunin edited it, but then one guy entered (who was there since 8) AFTER we made the brackets and that fvcked it up again. Anyways, good **** shadow vs. SS. Sorry I thought you were Ian xD

WTF VANS, you guys didn't invite me :(

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
asadklaklvmalnkdsandkasdsaf
huge one?? cool how about the one b4 it that u wont be hostin who will host it then?
!!!
nice picture o_o half of the ppl left, and the other half went took a picture o_O

we should get one with everyone in it next time

!!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
No, I think brackets were still pretty bad. We had pros facing each other in the second round, whereas other rounds had two low seeds. I knew most of these things were wrong but the tournament had to get started, so I let them fly after LunIn cleared up the big things.

More importantly there was no moving of loser's bracket entrants, which caused several people to face guys they play all the time. :(

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Lumancer: Most likely we'll be hosting a HUGE one in the summer which I may be able to host. There may be another one before the summer, but I won't be hosting it.
Great, thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out. I'm looking forward to it!

frotaz37

Smash Lord
You honestly can't expect brackets to be perfect when they are made by somebody who doesn't know the community all too well.

It is good to point out, but anything past that just comes off as *****ing.

So it's like I always said in World of Warcraft....."Cry more noob"

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Azn: Yes, HUGE one. If there is one before the summer, the leader of the club that we created - Competitive Gamer's Club - will be hosting it. His name is Cris and he is also an avid smasher (he just started playing competitively though). Actually, he stopped by for a few minutes yesterday and was very excited with the large turnout (and seeing Germ :p). I'll make sure to teach him about the basic functions of tio and we'll both do a quick overview of 'how to seed' since we want to remedy the aforementioned seeding problems mentioned by Ricky. o_o;

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
oh man that was a great tourney. too bad there wasn't time for doubles. it's okay, though. i ended up saving money for dinner!

random thoughts:
NK is hella funny.
nobody knew bob was playing against germ until later in the match! it was crazy!

Zoap

Smash Master
Actually as long as the bracket is seeded for players that dont play with each originally no moving should be done after that. If two players who play all the time both lose and happen to end up on the same side who's fault is that.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
interesting results. go zel xD. owning up after quitting ****nn

gj to zoap / sheridan who beat tang. ****nn xD it's times like these where i wish my power level was over nine thousand. that way, i could just fly over to SF instead of studying for gay AP tests... ugh

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
haha great times u guys had a lot of fun. Sucks to miss singles and to bad we had to leave early but i like how it turned out. It was fun watching the finals in the arcade
shoutouts!

Germ. NO u cant play marth.

Lucien! Dont worry i promise u will do a lot better next time ur to good and eventually everyones going see that u cant hide skill baby! fun hanging out see ya soon!or on aim!

Bob good seeing u as always and thx for almost letting us come to ur house!mb nex time!AND DARN THAT BUS DRIVER!
hahaha

Tang my black brother!

SS. Great as always fun to play u its been awhile love the wall jump knee to sexy

Lunin.
Second! thats nothing to complain about! great job as always! best fox ever!

Foward. U Know wat ive come to the conclusion that ur pretty good at that game smash brothers meele . haha fun talking to u good luck on ur adventure!come back to norcal someday! and remember the fortune cookie!hahaha

Vans! i like ur tie! blackand pink! whered u come up with that! very creative!stop playing ms!

Nk. Ur funny.lol yah...

Mari I LIKE UR SHOES!!

ZOAP! Team crews ftw!

ISAI! 16 stocked in a 20 stock match? probably not my best match id say!haha ur to good crazy actually playing the best player in ssb like almost randomly hope to play u more in the future gg
teach me smash di!lol

Boback! cool guy always a pleasure good luck with that video the one that was suppose to come out like 2 months ago that u and that one other guy work on every nite

HELLA! UR SOOO GOOD AT DDR! WOW ITS LIKE AMAZING!!! CAN I TOUCH U!? I MEAN LIKE NOT IN A HOMOSEXUAL WAY I MEAN LIKE IN A OMG UR SO AMAZING UR LIKE A GOD WAY! U DIG?HAHA

Myko! i saw u there! i love ur hair!

Kawn! good luck at ur next kof tourny i know you'll rock there socks next time! if only the game had zelda hahah late

delph. Good seeing im sure will battle nova complex one day and thx for kicking me off friendlies lol

Mikkukz(ok i know i spelled it wrong it think hes real names justin) omg ur fox is amazing as always fun playing u after soo long i guess i got a little better but ur still to good hope to play u again soon

Sheridan UR AWESOME! i mean that! didnt get to play but good to see u saying those hayward weirds liked whooped and scarped it brings a tear to my eye everytime hahah

FROTAZ!! my favorite by far! haha i love the "why are u so good now? i mean u and ur friend used to come and just noob it up and now its like wtf ur doing shine combos" haha some reason that made my day ur definitily a very great person to be around. And by far one of the most orignal people ive ever meet in my entire life. thats saying a lot haha. And the only reason ive gotten better frotaz truly is because i want to have good friendlies with u that dont invole u beating me for 2 hours and then me winning one at the end hahah LATER!

SHADOW! I Love cheering for u! as u can tell lol. U really are a great player i hope u know that. It looks like u really take it out on ur self mentally when u lose a stock or make a mistake when ur playing tough matches. And i think ud do a lot better or alteast feel better if u just let it flow more and just allow urself to play but hey just my opinion and i will still cheer for u regardless! later!
ps teach me how to di shiek combos!
hahahah

GREAT TIMES! GREAT SEEING EVERYONE! THE SMASH COMMUNITY! SUCH A JOY!HAHAHAHHAH
LATER!
DREAD OUT

Top Bottom