• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
cazimi@sfsu.edu

List of confirmed dates:

Oct. 25th

Nov. 8th

Nov. 22nd

Those are all the confirmed events for CGC Bi weeklies. Also If anyone can bring a laptop with tia that would be very useful. Post if you are so there are no multiple laptops :/

Setting up: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Friendlies and Sign Ups: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Singles: 11:00 AM
Doubles: upon completion of singles

CGC Website: http://web.mac.com/grayfoxsama/iWeb/CGC/Home.html

go here for the campus map: http://www.sfsu.edu/~sfsumap/
go here for directions to SFSU: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/text/tocampus.html

"MUNI Courtesy Tickets (free #28 bus passes) are available at Daly City BART station. Its a small ticket dispenser right next to the addfare station."

Muni 28 - Daily: 6AM-12:30AM
Muni 28L - School Days: 7-9AM, 2-4:30PM

PLEASE BRING TV(s)/Wii(s); the more the merrier!

Prices: $5 entry fee for singles and $10 entry fee for teams ($5/person). $1 is collected per entry for CGC.

PRIZES

Cash prize (% of player's pot)
60% 1st place, 30% 2nd place, and 10% 3rd place.

And now, for Brawl Singles we're giving out these:

Made by NESJake

Singles Rules:

3 Stock, 7:00 min NO ITEMS

Random Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counter-Picks:

Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium (melee)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)
Rainbow Cruise (melee)

any other counterpick must be agreed on by both players

At the begining of each match, each player is allowed to ban one stage. No stage can be played twice during a match.

repuken

Smash Rookie
Hahaha finally some more ppl to play. Hey man I'd be glad to attend, I have acces to two cubes so if you want me to bring both then its fine w/me. I usually go to state for rank 'n' cue so i go a lot. I can also bring friends that have tvs so just let me know. Haha I'm glad now that i can go to state to get a feel of playing compeitive melee.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
repuken: Do you attend SFSU or just go for the arcade? If you attend, we might be able to meet up and smash o_o;

I can't wait to get this set up since there are 2 people that want to MM me and have no idea what wavedashin is xD

So far:

2 cubes
"few" TVS

...MORE!

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Bus Schedule:

Muni 28 - Daily: 6AM-12:30AM
Muni 28L - School Days: 7-9AM, 2-4:30PM

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
Anyone Wanna Play Smash On Saturday Nov11 Ill Be At Rack N Cue Gaming ^^.

Ill Bring My Controller If Anyone Set Up A Tv And A Cube There.

repuken

Smash Rookie
I'll play w/you gundam.just need to know wat time u'll be there. and also do u know who to ask for a tv cuz i have no idea how to get one.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Repuken. Ever hear of the Baysians? Bay Area Asians? We play competitive smash. Most
of us live in San Francisco & go to CCSF. Ever wanna play? Contact us on AIM.

Baysians:
-AznDanny
-Full Metal Falcomist
-LunInSpectra
-Myko
-SilentSpectre
-TANG
-Volroth

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
oh sweeet, smash at sfsu!! i go to ccsf btw xD anyways, this is awesome, i go to the arcade to play SF:3rd strike; yeaaaa Dudley lol. so when ya'll wana smash? i can drop by there anytime.

Also,
I can't wait to get this set up since there are 2 people that want to MM me and have no idea what wavedashin is xD
!
ill money match you, even tho i dont know what wavedashing is either. ><

syra76

Smash Journeyman
To those that want to: I can smash after 2:00 PM at the rack'n'cue on MWF, but we need someone to bring the cube/smash/TV. :p

We still need more TVs >.< All right, I'll ask on the NCT 2 board...

repuken

Smash Rookie
Syra: I'll bring my cube nxt friday if anyone wants to play.

azndanny: when u play 3rd strike do u often see a short light-skinned kid that alwayz picks a black ryu SA1?

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
naw i dont think ive seen him, but.....i have seen this one asian girl with long black hair and she owns at drummania and beatmania, oh and i thnk i saw her play KoF also. my friends and i were in awe xD.

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
naw i dont think ive seen him, but.....i have seen this one asian girl with long black hair and she owns at drummania and beatmania, oh and i thnk i saw her play KoF also. my friends and i were in awe xD.
third strike LOLE BRING IT Danny ill bring my stick also xD.

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
LOl justin, how u gona get here? ill kill u with my taunt! GUTTER TRASH!! rofl
btw who u use?
the gay *** char like Ken and CHUN LI stupid turtle style-_-

but i can use yun a little and urien as well as Makoto and Ryu. I think thats about it lol.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
What time are you going to be there next Friday? I should be able to make it...

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
sfsu the one thats 1 stop away from stonesstone o_O? i should be able to go cause i live near state.

blakmage

Smash Apprentice
Dang, the TV I have is too bulky to bring...I have a really small 7 inch lcd screen though (I brought it to NCT2 and set it up in the far corner if anyone saw it). That'd be way too small to play on though. Is there any way to maybe hook up a GC directly to a computer screen...?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I finally got to talk to the Gamer Conclave (videogame/board game club) leader today. He said that having videogame tournaments would be a great idea at SFSU. According to him, Friday would be the best day to have tournaments because he can easily get a room for Friday (4-10 PM)...but Saturday might be possible too. He also said that SFSU has a low number of TVs so he told me to ask who can bring TVS/cubes before we continue with the idea.

We have a direct route to SFSU via BART and the bus ride is free (because you can get a free BART to bus transfer from the station that takes you to SFSU and back to the BART) along with a SFSU shuttle. If I remember, I'll post the times for the buses/shuttle tomorrow. I personally commute to SFSU from Concord every weekday and know how easy is to get there.

As for now, please post if you would be able to attend/bring TV(s)/bring cube(s) and I'll get back to him with the numbers. Hopefully we can arrange these tournaments and it can go on the opposite weekend of the SJSU biweeklies. :psycho:
sounds cool, if you do it Friday 4-10 then u definitely wont have time to do doubles AND singles....so prolly just singles then right?

BattlePenguin

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a good idea. Finally a close tournament. If I could get my friend to take me, I would be more than willing to bring my TV, and also 3-4 friends ^_^

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
finally something to do when im in daly city. and i can finally get better. kawn doesnt wanna play.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Falcomist Will Be At Sfsu At Nov 11 For An Initial D Tournament.

If U Want To Smash Bring A Tv And Ill Bring A Cube And My Controller And Ill Play Smash With U ^^.

If Anyone Wanna Play Smash On Nov 11 Post Here Or Message Me On Aim ^^ Thx U.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
nope...I'll e-mail today and set up for next week if I can get the room and more TVs

Top Bottom