• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
the tourney was hella fun.

but the real moment happened when we had to move downstairs and all we heard was cheering from all the matches going on. From thrid strike to KOF to smash (esp. when ss was playing) haha HELLA fun.

oh yeah forward next time dont keep your bart ticket near your cell phone HAHA

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Umm...I'm talking to Cris right now (the guy I mentioned before) and he said if I was able to confirm 170 attendees we would be able to get a room big enough for a national tournament during the summer within five minutes o_o; Apparently he knows a lot more than I thought about seeding since he's hosted numerous Yugioh tournaments, including one that was at the national level.

Anybody wanna fill me in on any national/statewide tournaments during the summer and whether he should continue with his idea? :p

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
It's definitely too late to do anything like that unfortunately. You have to plan/announce big summer tournies in March if you want to get 100 people even.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Good point. I'll just tell him to get the same 3 rooms, but until 7 this time.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Oops, I should have told you guys about that. It also gets demagnetized if you put two BART tickets together :/

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
It was a good tourney, even though it did seem alittle unorganize when it came to the brackets. Anyways it was great watching the semi-finals, watching shadowbtz playing, and when lunin said 'what's up Zelgadis' and everyone in the room turned.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
haha, I think I was the only one that didn't fall for lunin saying that. The main reason was because if zel came, he woulda been with me and Forward.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there will be another one for a while. Atleast that's what I figured. This one was big enough...just wish we could have done singles, doubles, and crew battles like planned instead of leaving early.

Hoodie: I think we're going to have another smash fest at my friends house. Want in?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
This Saturday there's a tourney at Cheese's house.
Next Saturday is a NCB.

We tried getting rooms, but we can't get a room until fall semester (too late for rooms in May due to finals and no rooms can be used past 3 PM during the summer session), so we put in requests for fall.

I'll be going to state during the summer. If you're able to bring a TV/cube I'll be happy to smash with you :p

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
so no sfsu tourny in summer?? :(

well then i have to try going to ncb in summer which is hard, cause i dont think anyone can drive me to sj and its like 45min away from sf D=<

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
haha weak..looks like i'll be smashing with NoR4U, Lucien, and quak over summer, maybe some ncbs too.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Over the summer, we're able to get rooms but ONLY until 3 PM. I you guys want, Cris can arrange biweekly smashfests...

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
only 3 : ( how about we all wear suits and when someone comes to kick us out, let syra said hes teachin a class so they have to wait :D

syra76

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'm gonna call Cris at around room. I'll ask him for biweekly (maybe weekly) rooms on Tuesdays. He said he can sign up for all three rooms like last time.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Les: Only for summer session, fall and spring session we can have the room until 10 PM.

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
I'm back in the city and after the last NCB i realized i need to play more often...are there people out there that live pretty close and wants to smash on a constant bases??

IM me on AIM: enjoisk8in724

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Les: Only for summer session, fall and spring session we can have the room until 10 PM.
We were supposed to have it for a lot longer than we did last time >.>

I'm back in the city and after the last NCB i realized i need to play more often...are there people out there that live pretty close and wants to smash on a constant bases??
I'm usually down to play just give me an IM Cubaisdeath

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"

The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

Narf!

I commute to SF for college and if you know how to get to your house from Caltrain, Bart, or Muni then I can probably play with you a few times but not on a regular basis.

Top Bottom