• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

secypotato

Smash Cadet
okay, so we can reserve rooms till 3. So... any dates? I've probably missed em like the tard I am. I would appreaciate that reiderated for great justice.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Hey! How about some dates or contact information? I'm staying in SF for a month. Anyone have further details about this SFSU tourney?

aim = lestwecontrive

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
Yes, theres going to be another one when SFSU fall semester starts.

And what Togaboy said, my friend is coming to SF on tuesday and we gonna smash at my house, but we planned to go to NCB and some smash with people. So we should set up some where thats big enough for us people to smash in, because I dont think my mom will let that much people up my house.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
Search for NCB. Those seem to happen more often than this one. This is a great tournament too but maybe they're having scheduling issues.

ATribeCalledNrb

Smash Rookie
I'd go to NCB, but thats down in San Jose which is about an hour away from where I live by car. (I live in SF by the way) The problem is I have no way of getting there. I wanted to go to the SFSU ones but I don't think they are having any this summer. I was hoping that there would be some biweeklies closer to my area.

jmic

Smash Ace
I travel over 2 hours from Merced to get to NCB man, and there are also people coming down from Sacramento. The reason why the travel is always worth it is because the competition is awesome. All the NorCal smash "celebs" go, and it is always an awesome experience.

You should really try to get to San Jose. You won't regret it.

ATribeCalledNrb

Smash Rookie
Yesss finally a biweekly in the SF area...
I'll probably go along with a few friends of mines...
It starts at 8AM though and I might be late cause I'll probably wake up late

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
Omg I Didnt Look At This Thread Since Long Time Ago, And Its At July 23rd!! Im Comming Wat Room!?!?!?!?! Time And Wat!?!?!?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Please tell me the doors won't close at a certain time. My school is on Market St. but my class won't finsh until 12 pm. I wouldn't be there until at least 1 pm.

Oh and I'll bring a cube too.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
wtf monday haha but how late is it going to be open this time? Like is there a certain time we would have to leave?

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Lol mondzyzomgwtf @-@ nice. Awesome, less than a week and I can make it. Haven't smashed in a while though... Hope I do ok this one.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Good thing it is summer lol, so the monday thing shouldn't be too much a problem.

I'm not sure if I can go to this, I might be too broke.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Tournament, not smashfest. Monday...it's the summer so who cares? :p Yes, my friend and I signed the paper ourselves about a month ago, but I forgot to advertise until now (sorry been busy - school never ends for me :(). 'My bad, info on first page. I can't remember if it ends at 6 or 9. I just called him, but he's working so his cell is off.

Ummm, what else? We're getting 4 TVs and the same huge *** room trio (same location as last time), so please bring cubes (and more TVs if you can :)). I won't be directly hosting this tournament, but the person I left responsible is the one who cosigned and has hosted a crap load of Yugioh tournies, so he knows how it works - speaking of which, a Yugioh tourney will be happening in the neighboring room. I'll be in class between 2:15-2:35 and 6:20-9:00 so I can stop by in between.

Arcade is open during the summer, but there's quite a few less games available. If anyone wants food, they'll probably need to go to the Village (like 5 min walk - where SFSU's dorms are) since food places close early too (except Chinese food).

If you have any more questions, please post :)

EDIT: I just got a call back, his copy of the transcript says 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, so show up as early as 8:30 AM...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
The only time the doors locked on Bobby was when he accidently came after the tournament ended...:p

EDIT:

"SUMMER HOURS

Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Saturday - Sunday
Closed

1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132

For more information:
(415) 338-1112"

That's the info about the Student Center, the doors won't open until 7 and won't be locked until 8 ;)

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Just take bus>bart>bus.

When do you suspect that teams will start? I won't be there until at least 1 pm. If starts before me then put me on the list. I need a partner though...

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
sweet me cheese and kinggerudo ky etc in the AMGS (Almighty Garage Smashers) might go =) if we do we'll definately bring 1 tv and a cube

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Yep, same place dread.

Dunno KJW, however long singles take. I just want everyone to know that we'll be starting at 10:00 sharp. If you don't show up, sorry. Also, please don't do friendlies during the tourney. These two factors will keep the tourney running smoothly and will leave more time for friendlies in the end :)

Top Bottom