• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E Winter 2007, Oregon Tournament - Dec. 29th

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, I'm back online and stuffs. So... I'm adding Ole to the list.

Edit:
I fixed the date on the banner. Banner got pwn'd!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I want to finalize the schedule of events. Right now I just have Doubles/Singles listed. What additional events do you guys want?

I've heard some people asking about Low Tier, and even Middle Tier tournaments. And there's definitely going to be crews. So, post your opinions, but remember that the more events there are the more time it will take up and technically this is just a one-day tournament (but Friday evening/Sunday is open should we want to organize something on those days).

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Don't make it Sunday. The Salem train won't be able to come then.

We should do a ditto event. A random character is picked and then both players do a ditto match with that character. Then the loser picks the next character and the winner chooses the next stage.

Obviously characters like Jigglypuff, Samus and other stupid ditto characters won't be involved.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know what constitutes a "stupid" ditto match, so rather than try to define it, maybe we should do something else.

Is anyone planning on coming Friday?

Edit
All Ganon tourney sounds interesting. Or we can do the ol' "Falcon Onry" tourney. Either way, Ganon and Falcon mains are going to have a field day.

T0MMY

Smash Master
1) Low Tier
2) Mid Tier
3) Bottom Tier

Ditto matches sound fun.

Another SF:E Round Robin, this time have some kind of qualifier so it doesn't take all day to catalog 50 players? X^D

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
It has to be a character that can combo itself. They do Falcon only tournaments because Falcon can **** himself. Game and Watch cannot **** himself, it would be rather boring, I think. Falco only tournament would be crazy fun.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
uh let me think? no!!

It has to be a character that can combo itself. They do Falcon only tournaments because Falcon can **** himself. Game and Watch cannot **** himself, it would be rather boring, I think. Falco only tournament would be crazy fun.
falco only tourney means u'll get ***** since your not good with him ...

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Yes, I would participate in a tournament in which the only character the ruleset permits is Falco.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Whatever it is, it will have to be on Friday night since I'm going to make sure Crews happen on Sat. after Singles.

And I hate Falcon, but I have to admit Falcon dittos are fun.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
people trying to ban me for being black on smashboards not using the actual word in which im the only black not white bc mean black chris.......

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
BTW, when I said "I hate Falcon" I meant "My Falcon sucks" because he's one of the characters I never played. I know there are people who like the character, so I wanted to straighten that out. I never really much liked F-zero, which is why I never bothered to use Falcon. Ha ha.

SF:E in less than a week. :)

v4p

Smash Apprentice
Why don't we take a vote? Because I think any character only tourney would be badass.

But I really think Ganondorf would be the most badass. He's a dark wizard! and I just imagine everyone playing yelling and grunting and stuff. playing Ganondorf + yelling and grunting + doing badass combos = best feeling ever.

all this talk of men yelling and grunting is making me hot. because I'm gay.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I should be able to come to this one, me and my two friends will be coming with me. We'll come friday about 5'ish. We'll bring a gamecube and disc but no tv. See ya there!

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Long, Beautiful Hair
  • Peach Masta
  • Ryan
AHEM.... I CONDITION...

Second : I'ma have to pay a friend for a ride to SF:E, still not completely confirmed. If I am, I'll probably know tomorrow, either way I'll post the info whether or not I come. Hopefully I can make it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Everyone who is NOT confirmed and who is now coming, post and let me know! Same for anyone who is confirmed and is now unable to make it.

The reason why I must have an accurate headcount is because I am able to reserve a venue for the tournament in the case that we have so many Smashers as to exceed the elbow room limits of my apartment.

I will assume all confirmed players will be at the tourney by the end of today.

Top Bottom