• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDB NW Presents: SHS1, Bolton, 18th July.

Kone

Smash Master
Ryan I agree. I think there are 11 at least players that will or can potentially (of not more) make the top 8 DE. Splitting them into two leagues will just cause seeding issues and future debates. One large league is best bet imo. I think if will sorts out doubles early ie starting by twelve then we will have plenty of time.

lol @ TC's post

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol pro maybe london should organise a tournament WITH housing then we can see how good london actually is.
Well I might talk to Fuzzy about potentially doing one anyway since I am rubbish with setting up the venue and all that stuff lol and plus Fuzzy knows how to do it.

like I said you londoners are very funny. I would never lose to chrisboi, I beat him in a marth ditto MM last I heard. you guys are just too much xD
lool Why are you saying 'you guys are too much' you see that's yours and a few other peoples problem.
Only a few people say something people don't like (in this situation one person which is me) but you take your perception and tag it to the rest of London, I am an individual and I am speaking from point of view, don't take that and put it on the rest of london since everyone in London is different lol.
Yes you could lose to Chrisboi, besides that marth ditto MM which you are still hanging on to if you were to play him I think he would beat you.

To be fair you did lose to him quite badly in crews, not as a measure of him being better than you but I think a large percent of the smash community underestimates chrisboi because loads of people take the piss out of him and I dont really think thats fair.
Yes he is underestimated when he still does good when it comes down to it, its cos of the stupid impression he gives to people lol oh well, if people play him then they get suprized it's their fault.

lots of dangerous players in uk now! i wana play london :D they rule
Yeah we do, we try not to but we can't help it :confused:

L-J

Smash Ace
Yes we will see lol.

Why are you even mentioning LJ lol. He did good at the ranbat and was pretty technical but when I played him at Ranbat but i 4 stocked him and destroyed him when I played him, he defintely isn't even top 15.
Steady Prof lol. You've got me confused with someone else - we didn't play at the ranbat even in friendlies (although i wudn't put it past you to say you 4 stocked me without even playing me because 'you are Professor Pro' ;))

Anyway, I'm guessing Kone mentioned myself and Crabman cus I pm'ed Coey about us 2 trying to go to this so maybe u cud answer the questions I had Kone: what sorta time are things starting on Saturday; can both of us be housed on the Saturday night and would you want us to bring a setup? - we'd be coming from Bristol btw, so about 3 hours away, although Crabman has to get from Surrey to Bristol first so it's more like 4 hours for him each way.

Btw let's not start all that PH stuff again. It was a proper tourney but because of the players who were present I don't count getting 5th at it as any kind of result that places me in the UK's elite or anywhere close. However, I'd say I'm in the tier below perhaps (if you know what i mean) so I'm decent compared to the whole rest of UK Melee players - nothing more.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Steady Prof lol. You've got me confused with someone else - we didn't play at the ranbat even in friendlies (although i wudn't put it past you to say you 4 stocked me without even playing me because 'you are Professor Pro' ;))
My bad, I just realised who I mistaked you for, it was one of Bullet Bills friends but I forgot his name, the guy that helped carry the TV's I think.

Kone

Smash Master
LJ - Wasn't having a go at you thorugh any PH comment/s I may have made. Turning upto tournaments is the way to improve/prove yourself. Anyway, housing will be fine saturday night, dont worry about that. A setup would be much appreciated and if you can a tv. Just a small one would be a massive massive help (esp since your driving?!) or more than one (pushing my luck?!?!)

Doubles will start by 12 sat. Singles between 2-3. What time are youe xpecting to get here? if you are wanting to compete in doubles and you think youll be later than tweleve let me know and we shall hold it up for you. Ill psot mobile numbrs of me, will and joe again and take them down so that if you are running late sat cos of ne reason we can see what we can do for you gys :)

L-J

Smash Ace
Cheers Kone, don't worry I knew you weren't having a go at me lol. We shud be able to get there by 12 (although Crabman'll have to get up pretty early I'm sure he'll cope *cough*) but if u cud PM me those mobile numbers and also the address we're driving to (both the venue's and the place we're being housed wud be good) then I'll call u if we're gonna be a bit late or w/e.

Mr Pro, also no worries. We'll just have to play this weekend and see just who gets 4-stocked...LOL.

Kone

Smash Master
L-J housing and venue are the same place. Will was to lazeeee to book a venue but luckily his place is large enough for this tournament. Ill pm you address and mobile numbers. Just ring if any issues.

ps bring a tv ;)

VA

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain in charles's list london was top 5 too! Seeing as you are the only one that bangs on about London this and London that it's fair enough for me to attach it to you are acting as a spokes person making stupid wild claims when you haven't seen me/Zeppo/Jam/others play for months. I'm using your statements as an umbrella for London because Chrisboi/Frost/Edwin/Charles likely agree with you and are the bigger names of London.

Pretty sure you're taking the piss as well because you can't actually be that stupid to think that Chrisboi would beat me! You've gone down in my estimations.

Also TC lol at mentioning crews. no thanks. Anyway bye for 11 days and good luck at this everyone as I'm going away tomorrow for work and stuff.

craiigg

Smash Lord
i say we take the tried and tested pools -> bracket approach! swiss?!!? like swiss cheese?!?!... like swiss surrendering!??!!? haha... like swiss CHEESE!??!?!

i can't wait to see everybody btw let's make sure we all have the banter and the johns are left at home and good times come through you know how we do in the old school

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm pretty certain in charles's list london was top 5 too! Seeing as you are the only one that bangs on about London this and London that it's fair enough for me to attach it to you are acting as a spokes person making stupid wild claims when you haven't seen me/Zeppo/Jam/others play for months. I'm using your statements as an umbrella for London because Chrisboi/Frost/Edwin/Charles likely agree with you and are the bigger names of London.

Pretty sure you're taking the piss as well because you can't actually be that stupid to think that Chrisboi would beat me! You've gone down in my estimations.

Also TC lol at mentioning crews. no thanks. Anyway bye for 11 days and good luck at this everyone as I'm going away tomorrow for work and stuff.
They are still haven't put in their statement about this situation so you still have no excuse for putting what I say under London.
I'm not acting as a spokes person for London, I haven't even slightly implied that I am, that's just how you choose to see it and since I am the only Londoner in this thread talking about it, to people like you it would seem like that but it isn't lol.
Plus since I am the only person talking abouit London this and London that as you said that should leave you to believe that it is just me talking and not the whole of London's attitude.
Charles list didn't contain Chrisboi on top 5 so no it wasn't all top 5.
I don't need to see you play btw, you will never be a threat, similar to Bullet Bill, I will destroy you the next time I see you.

Edit - Oh yeah and Chrisboi will beat you the next time he plays you and I will be there to point my finger at you and proceed to laugh at an intense force.

i can't wait to see everybody btw let's make sure we all have the banter and the johns are left at home and good times come through you know how we do in the old school
Yeah it will be a good time, I am just hyping things up for the good competitive times and making things more interesting in a fun way :), it's good for the tournament lol.
I'm not old school, I will **** everyone who is and show them the updated way to **** people.:bee:

COEY

Smash Lord
Hey guys sorry ive not had much chance to get on recently. Will be properly online tomorrow just borrowing my mates atm.

The address of the venue aka my house is

104 Hulton Lane
Bolton
Lancs
BL3 4JD

I will be properly online tomorrow to sort out when everyone is arriving.

Ed and Joe cheers guys for the help this would have gone to crap without you. <3

Ed the tv make is ALBA

craiigg

Smash Lord
yooo

jam btw get your own account already lol half this **** is on my account

anyway, wasnt gona say anything but i got to now really
turns out my dads being a ****ing idiot and has completely let me down on the money front

so we're both booked to come on friday, however i doubt ill even be entering the tournament
im doing my best to even scrape together enough to get there now urgh

spose good news is we're coming anyway, we get to "Bolton, Horwich Parkway Station" friday at 19:25

is this close to yours will or we gona get lost in bolton rofl..
see you there :/

craiigg

Smash Lord
sorry craig! lol don't worry about not entering man i'll either pay for you or we can jus do our thing and have good times innit :D

VA

Smash Hero
I can't come visit you guys to help you practice :( sorrrrry. too hungover and was bartering pastries at 3am last night.

Kone

Smash Master
jam/craig - you are both entering singles. ill go halfers withjam on your singles craig :). divnt worry, will isnt going to be arsey neway.

EDIT - Can everyone please post their arrival times on the friday. Going tog et a list compiled for joe/will/ They will pick you guys up from the bus station. I believe everyone is currently going into bolton? itll all be the same coach station so just post your arrival times and who you are arriving with.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Me and Paul arrive into Manc

Fri 17 July 2009
Arrive Manchester, Shudehill Interchange 15:40

Sun 19 July 2009
Manchester, Shudehill Interchange to Glasgow, Buchanan Bus Stn
17:00

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I have no idea what time I am meant to be arriving there, I have to ring Charles today to find out even when I am meant to meet up with him for the coach lol. I'm just really confused about everything lol.
All I really know is that I am going to **** at this event.

VA

Smash Hero
lol disrespectful or what? I won't laugh in your face if you don't make a finals this tournament and I'll congratulate if you win.

I find that judging players based on performance over half a year ago pretty pointless. Kage thought Armada would be **** by watching his videos. I've been practicing a fair bit over the last 6 months or however long it is since GGT2 so really I don't understand how you can claim that Chrisboi can beat me? All I'm going on is results and mine have generally been better and higher. This is literally all you can comment on when you haven't seen someone play. Doing otherwise is ignorant and disrespectful.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol disrespectful or what? I won't laugh in your face if you don't make a finals this tournament and I'll congratulate if you win.

I find that judging players based on performance over half a year ago pretty pointless. Kage thought Armada would be **** by watching his videos. I've been practicing a fair bit over the last 6 months or however long it is since GGT2 so really I don't understand how you can claim that Chrisboi can beat me? All I'm going on is results and mine have generally been better and higher. This is literally all you can comment on when you haven't seen someone play. Doing otherwise is ignorant and disrespectful.
I only said the laugh in your face to piss you off which I succeeded in :bee:
And I still think Chrisboi will beat from the improvement have seen him made since I have played him a few times.
I tihnk it's VERY likely Edwin would beat you iswell.
Come to a London Ranbat and you will see the **** we give out down here lol.
As Charles said 'You ain't a londoner if you can't 0-death consistently' and all of the top londoner do it flawlessly :) lol.

VA

Smash Hero
I only said the laugh in your face to piss you off which I succeeded in :bee:
And I still think Chrisboi will beat from the improvement have seen him made since I have played him a few times.
I tihnk it's VERY likely Edwin would beat you iswell.
Come to a London Ranbat and you will see the **** we give out down here lol.
As Charles said 'You ain't a londoner if you can't 0-death consistently' and all of the top londoner do it flawlessly :) lol.
You haven't annoyed me. I just don't understand your constant need to try to do so. It is disrespectful and I don't go around saying "so and so will beat you", why do you do it to me? I think it's pointless negative behaviour that the community doesn't need. Something worthy of Chrisboi in real life.

You don't know what I can and can't do seeing as my game has changed massively since we last played so don't bother commenting or you might end up looking really foolish :/

craiigg

Smash Lord
aw thanks ed (: im doing my best so you guys wont have to chip in or whatever.. but it'll be good to see everyone anyway

hypppped !

COEY

Smash Lord
Hey its Jo3

Paul and ryan are sorted, im meeting them =)

JAm, craig and co: still need your arrival information (time and place)

Swissy: sane to you

Ben: same to you

Londoners: friday at 7??? also what station??

Smudge and co: DETAILS!!!

Chaz, Duncan and everyone else: do i need to say it xD

anyone who is coming but hasnt given there details of arrival please do, if your unsure then

My number (joe) - 07816380025

Coeys number (will) - 07784288764

dont leave home without those 2 numbers!

Kone

Smash Master
Smudge isnt coming joe. Also, unlikely that swizzy is, hasnt posted in sometime. Londoners get in at bolton, go back about 7 pages or so and charles posted their details. Its just jam and craig, dont know who u think the co is, im sure theyll post it up tho :)

Kone

Smash Master
Asda are currently doing 2 crates (of 15 cans) of fosters for £15. That is really good. Im only going to be there the sat night and thinking of buying them. Does anyone want to chip in and share?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Londoners leave from victoria coach station at 14:30
(meaning get there at 13:30 - 14:00 INCLUDING EDWIN)

Arrive at 19:25 Bolton (Horwich Parkway Station)

Kone

Smash Master
charles u may want to ring edwin he aint been on these boards for some time!

craig-lol

charlie -okey doke, neone else?

VA

Smash Hero
I can't tell you what swizzy is doing but I'm not sure he's staying, possible that he'll just get there on the day, play and leave.

COEY

Smash Lord
charles, horwich parkway isnt bolton lol, bolton station is bolton station =/, Bolton is a few stop in front of it (travelling from manchester picadilly the normal stops are)

manc
manc oxford road
salford cresent
bolton
something
blackrod
horwich

so just get off at bolton obv and im sure will shall meet you there, call us when the train is at salford cresent and well set off to get you =)

Top Bottom