• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit 5 (1/30/10) Results on first page and THANKS FOR COMING

Charoo

Smash Champion
This is the final discount:

#1: Bring a friend we've never seen at a tournament before and you and your friend will receive 1/2 off venue fee! (at least one of you must enter brawl singles for the discount to apply)

#2: Bring a full setup in before 10am and receive 1/2 off venue fee! Bring only a wii, cube, or TV will get you $2 off the venue fee.

oh and no more spectator fee

KikoMePlease

Smash Journeyman
This is the final discount:

#1: Bring a friend we've never seen at a tournament before and you and your friend will receive 1/2 off venue fee! (at least one of you must enter brawl singles for the discount to apply)

#2: Bring a full setup in before 10am and receive 1/2 off venue fee! Bring only a wii, cube, or TV will get you $2 off the venue fee.

oh and no more spectator fee
What if I bring two friends and all three of us have never been to a tournament and we sign up for melee? Would we get a discount? =D

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I want a shot, assuming I go (it's not as sure as it was before).

I think it has a fair chance of going either way, with me probably losing. But I believe that it's possible for me to be able to recoup my losses through the tetris mm :D

also I'll probably stumble across you when I sign up hyuga since you're helping to organize the melee side of things, so we'll work out details then.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
good chance i'm not going anymore

sorry for all of you who were eager to take my money
If it makes you happy, you would've taken mine. D:

I'm down for some major friendlies against the Top Tiers.
MM for anyone who is not Peach, Jiggs, or top tiers.
1-3 dollars preferably. =D

DJMirror

Smash Master
hey brendan Give CVS2 to macd for me =(

I was going to go to this but i can't T__T sorry buddy

Charoo

Smash Champion
What if I bring two friends and all three of us have never been to a tournament and we sign up for melee? Would we get a discount? =D
one of you have to enter brawl singles

ok, I'm sure every1 know this but they want to have as much money as possible to pay for the brawl part because it's guarantee pot. Melee is not a "main event" at SCSA but I'm making it a main event by running it. The prices are high and the discount are bias to brawl but this wont affect how melee will be run. Like I said, it will be a great tournament and you guys should come.

What do you guys want? $5 entry fee for singles/doubles? If that's the case then I'll make it happen.

In other news, less people coming = less stress = finish faster = i prefer it that way

D

Deleted member

i am down to money match anybody for any amount (5 or below unless u are phil)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i don't think people are upset about the price for melee, just the venue fee, espeically when all we are doing is giving venue fee to brawl for thier final brawl tourney... ie we don't see any return in a $10 venue fee except for (hopefully) a nice venue

and less people coming = same ol' same ol'= more money for nothing= :( us

if there was a way to make the scsa a melee circuit too i think that'd be cool, and melee people's money go to melee, though i doubt dsf/claire would want that even if we ran it ourselves

EDIT: only reason i bring up a melee circuit is becuase i remember talk of it in the past and people thought it'd be cool

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i will be coming to this with a cube and spectating all that can be spectated

edit: connor/festizzio are you coming to this??

Charoo

Smash Champion
i don't think people are upset about the price for melee, just the venue fee, espeically when all we are doing is giving venue fee to brawl for thier final brawl tourney... ie we don't see any return in a $10 venue fee except for (hopefully) a nice venue

and less people coming = same ol' same ol'= more money for nothing= :( us

if there was a way to make the scsa a melee circuit too i think that'd be cool, and melee people's money go to melee, though i doubt dsf/claire would want that even if we ran it ourselves

EDIT: only reason i bring up a melee circuit is becuase i remember talk of it in the past and people thought it'd be cool
I don't want to post too much about the venue pricing but this is a fact:

if 100 people total pay the venue fee with NO discount, as in: $10 x 100 = $1000

it would NOT be enough to cover the price of the venue. Yes, the venue cost more than $1000 so they are not expecting to make money or gain anything from it. I haven't ask them if I can give you the total price but I'm being honest here. The venue cost more than $1,000.

As for the melee prices, the reason I wanted to lower it was because then it would be cheaper overall for every1. Instead of paying $30 total to enter everything with no discount (which can be stack), it would only be $20 to enter everything. I can't lower the venue fee but I can lower other things to make the overall cost cheaper than it is.

It just depends on the community though, if you want it to stay the same then the pot will be bigger and it will feel like a more important tournament. That or I lower it and decreases the pot but will increase attendance cause now people who had money johns can make it.

Help me figure it out?

oh yeah, we are trying to find a venue that's cheaper still. If you find one then tell me yeah? Just make sure it's in socal

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So like when will this end?

I mean Melee since I'm guessing Brawl will drag on throughout the whole day or something since I might have to leave at like 6ish or something to take my Madrina to some place to see a Mariachi for her Bday.

Charoo

Smash Champion
So like when will this end?

I mean Melee since I'm guessing Brawl will drag on throughout the whole day or something since I might have to leave at like 6ish or something to take my Madrina to some place to see a Mariachi for her Bday.
6pm sounds like the right time for it to finish. If you want to finish it faster then bring set ups!

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I just found out I'm selling me Wii for 100 bucks on Thursday to buy a DS for Heartgold and SoulSilver coming soon.

I'm still bringing a TV, power strip, and Melee... So someone bring a Gamecube! =D

GSUB

Smash Lord
Champ, try this place, email the guy.
He's really chill and I was gonna host GREV X here, and someone had a CoD tournament there also. He was saying "lol" and "haha" through email, I was surprised.

anyways, email him BRO

Adam Evans
The Learning Center
Manager
1691 Kettering St.
Irvine, CA 92614
Ph: (714) 328-1200
Aevans@marshallreddickseminars.com

Scroll to bottom of page: http://www.marshallreddickseminars.com/mrweb/mrren/about_us_conference_center.aspx

There's also a vid of venue and stuff.
They usually hold seminars and business meetings there, but are really flexible when it comes to the venue.

not sure how much it will cost due to short notice, or if it will be available, but I proposed $500.00 and he said sure, so he might be willing to pay that or less.
It's worth a try.

GSUB

Smash Lord
I don't see why you felt the need to say this. good for you?
I don't see why you felt the need to say this. good for you?

Champ, try this place, email the guy.
He's really chill and I was gonna host GREV X here, and someone had a CoD tournament there also. He was saying "lol" and "haha" through email, I was surprised.

anyways, email him BRO

Adam Evans
The Learning Center
Manager
1691 Kettering St.
Irvine, CA 92614
Ph: (714) 328-1200
Aevans@marshallreddickseminars.com

Scroll to bottom of page: http://www.marshallreddickseminars.com/mrweb/mrren/about_us_conference_center.aspx

There's also a vid of venue and stuff.
They usually hold seminars and business meetings there, but are really flexible when it comes to the venue.

not sure how much it will cost due to short notice, or if it will be available, but I proposed $500.00 and he said sure, so he might be willing to pay that or less.
It's worth a try.
bump because i'm on a new page, and my post is at bottom of last.

Top Bottom