• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit 5 (1/30/10) Results on first page and THANKS FOR COMING

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
sorry everyone =( i cant come to this
Don't announce it. Nobody cares.

I don't want to post too much about the venue pricing but this is a fact:

if 100 people total pay the venue fee with NO discount, as in: $10 x 100 = $1000

it would NOT be enough to cover the price of the venue. Yes, the venue cost more than $1000 so they are not expecting to make money or gain anything from it. I haven't ask them if I can give you the total price but I'm being honest here. The venue cost more than $1,000.

As for the melee prices, the reason I wanted to lower it was because then it would be cheaper overall for every1. Instead of paying $30 total to enter everything with no discount (which can be stack), it would only be $20 to enter everything. I can't lower the venue fee but I can lower other things to make the overall cost cheaper than it is.
I'll trust what you say about the price of the venue. If the venue cannot be lowered then that's fine. But don't lower the entry fees to 5$. That's a joke for a regional. It shouldn't be anything less than 7$.

DJMirror

Smash Master
*looking at GSUB*

what's up with you these few weeks? you were not like this a few weeks ago

I think it's time to update the worst posters PR.
No one is taking that title away from me...

@Kouryuu

I haven't seen you in awhile =(

that post was for some of the people i was suppose to take to scsa 5 (like Squid, Julian Kao, JDM and KirbyRaeg)

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a date
You're going to this?? My friend might be able to pick you up if you do go.... i dont know i'll see. IM me

also i lolled at JDM's post. Wow man power rankings for bad posters! ingenius!

i can't help but notice that this thread becomes exponentially worse day by day

almost as bad as these prices!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hey brendan Give CVS2 to macd for me =(

I was going to go to this but i can't T__T sorry buddy
im not going, this will require more steps

I just found out I'm selling me Wii for 100 bucks on Thursday to buy a DS for Heartgold and SoulSilver coming soon.

I'm still bringing a TV, power strip, and Melee... So someone bring a Gamecube! =D
im glad youre excited. pokemon is fun. dont forget there is ds emulation, even though thats not portable. just fyi.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
champ, what if i come to this late but have no plans on entering doubles or singles? do i have to pay anything?

or more importantly, how about this: what if i have someone else sign up for me and just show up for singles? i will def show up in time for singles but i won't be showing up for doubles. but if you're gonna charge me anyway then i won't show up at all and in the end you lose money. (that sounds like a threat but it's not meant to lol)

Strain

Smash Apprentice
So is there a definite location for a venue?

I will most likely be able to go, and bring a cube, tv, and recording setup.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Champ, try this place, email the guy.
He's really chill and I was gonna host GREV X here, and someone had a CoD tournament there also. He was saying "lol" and "haha" through email, I was surprised.

anyways, email him BRO

Adam Evans
The Learning Center
Manager
1691 Kettering St.
Irvine, CA 92614
Ph: (714) 328-1200
Aevans@marshallreddickseminars.com

Scroll to bottom of page: http://www.marshallreddickseminars.com/mrweb/mrren/about_us_conference_center.aspx

There's also a vid of venue and stuff.
They usually hold seminars and business meetings there, but are really flexible when it comes to the venue.

not sure how much it will cost due to short notice, or if it will be available, but I proposed $500.00 and he said sure, so he might be willing to pay that or less.
It's worth a try.
wow what do u know ... small world I guess?

champ, what if i come to this late but have no plans on entering doubles or singles? do i have to pay anything?

or more importantly, how about this: what if i have someone else sign up for me and just show up for singles? i will def show up in time for singles but i won't be showing up for doubles. but if you're gonna charge me anyway then i won't show up at all and in the end you lose money. (that sounds like a threat but it's not meant to lol)
If you don't enter anything then it's free since there's no spectator fee. Just don't play when the tourney is running cause it'll slow it down haha.

Just get some1 to sign u up before single starts or tell me ahead of time that you'll be there on that day and such. The whole point of that ridiculous late fee is mostly for brawl because it takes FOREVER to finish it. So, now they have to come early. For melee, I'm going to still use the same rule cause I want to finish it early also.

For doubles, come before it starts and same for singles. Just get soem1 to sign up for you and you're good to go.

FIRST PAGE MAJOR UPDATE IN LIKE 5 MIN!!!

NEW VENUE AT IRVINE (sorry Burbank area people)

this will be the final venue. Claire called them yesterday and went in today to get the place. I dunno how much she pay for it yet, but I'm gonna try to lower the venue fee now if it was $500 bucks like GSUB said

pockyD

Smash Legend
moved to irvine? i can rest easier that i chose not to go

good luck though and i hope it's as good as previous odd-numbered SCSA

D

Deleted member

have u actually checked the venue i hope its not a trash venue that sucks major **** compared to the one in burbank

Top Bottom