• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

.Marik

is a social misfit
You have to admit, both sides of the argument make sense.

It all depends on whether the money is needed, that you can charge venue fees for Smashers who aren't actually participating in the Tournament(s).

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Yo, Marik I want to play your Yoshi so badly. I haven't played a Yoshi since Nana and the Footstool of Doom. lol

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo, Marik I want to play your Yoshi so badly. I haven't played a Yoshi since Nana and the Footstool of Doom. lol
That was probably me you played.

I was horrible back then, and I think I 2-stocked you and 3-stocked your younger brother's Toon Link.

But trust me, I was garbage back in February, it was my first Tournament ever. I'm much better now.

But if I come, sure thing! :yoshi:

Iliad

Smash Lord
Lol boy what a change of heart you've had in 2 hours

>_>
F.u.c.k off.

At first I had thought just those who didn't want to compete but wanted to play friendlies. But fact of the matter is, I had a ****load of people bail on me for my tourney and a good chunk of people there spectated, and didn't pay, because I was told not to ask for a spectator fee.

*Edit*

**** that. I took enough of a hit to be a lesson to other TOs. Spectator fee.

When I made my first post, I was tired and was going for a medium between what Niko wants and what Mikey wanted. Because I believed SOMEONE should be paying. When Niko said "It can't be enforced" Well then, no one is playing for free. Every mother****er through that door pays five bucks, plain and ****ing simple.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
comfirm. 2 bucks sounds good for b+, a 3 dollar difference isnt enough to make a city travel. If still counting votes, SFIV

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
So much as changed from February, my brother picked up R.O.B. and my Lucario has gotten alot better in my opinion.

Actually come to think of it you were the last Yoshi I played. lol

Hope you come so we get to play each other again. :)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
F.u.c.k off.

At first I had thought just those who didn't want to compete but wanted to play friendlies. But fact of the matter is, I had a ****load of people bail on me for my tourney and a good chunk of people there spectated, and didn't pay, because I was told not to ask for a spectator fee.

*Edit*

**** that. I took enough of a hit to be a lesson to other TOs. Spectator fee.

When I made my first post, I was tired and was going for a medium between what Niko wants and what Mikey wanted. Because I believed SOMEONE should be paying. When Niko said "It can't be enforced" Well then, no one is playing for free. Every mother****er through that door pays five bucks, plain and ****ing simple.
I had not posted about this matter before your first post ; )

lolz at least you know who the pro TO is here : P /e-win

Gichan

Smash Champion
First off, it's Gi, lolz. And yes, spectators have to pay venue fee. Come on guys, when the **** did we have a rule for spectators not to pay? the only excpetion is girlfriends who accompany or, like parents. Everyone else who has the intention of joining or touching a controller (this would include female gamers) has to pay. and Niko.....you know you are going to join B+ and play some melee.

And Steve (cansir) it was tempting but if I let you in for free then everyone else who brings a tv would have to be voided of venue fee as well. So I'm going to have to say no.

OKAY OKAY, so Mikey teh legenz TO thinks he can manage BOTH events (BB and SF IV) and instead of $5, it'll be $2 each. Look, these entry prices are so little to encourage entry so we can have a **** load of fun. So I hope you will all join as many events as you could. $10 + $5( if doubles is even happening) + $2+ $2 + $2= $16-21. I'll be joining all of them as well, it's just to **** around.

Niko_K

Smash Master
GI when the hell did spectators EVER have to pay? That's pretty **** dishonest if you ask me. I'm going to join B+ and I'm paying the venue fee, but I planned on bringing people to show them the scene, but were not paying an extra 15 just so they can sit around, watch, and barely play. We also have to travel to come.

Never ever, ever, ever, have spectators paid :S

Gichan

Smash Champion
people who want to see the scene? They either are limited to a set, so they can get ***** and see how much they gotta practice (the only time you have to is when you are starting off anyways, lol) and don't pay venue fee, anymore then that, they pay. One set Niko. It's all day of games, they will definitely be enjoying themselves.

I will truly void them of the venue fee if they are just there to watch niagara get ***** (or ****, depending on the amount of weed you guys have).

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm a bit confused why there is such a big argument over paying $5 or not. Seriously... It's not that much, and it's not like you're not getting anything out of it.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Btw Niko, I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just saying theres certain crap we don't agree on, and that its unreasonable if a venue fee holds you back from going to this tournament unless its overly expensive

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Yay on my birthday xD. I will be there! And whoever wants to go from niagara just tell me on msn so we can plan things out xD.

-Pause-

Smash Rookie
Going to get owned bad but I come for experience and to try to get better at brawl and brawl+

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yay on my birthday xD. I will be there! And whoever wants to go from niagara just tell me on msn so we can plan things out xD.
Happy Early Birthday!

Now not only do we need to bring TVs and Wiis, but a cake =P

Rikana

Smash Champion
If I come I might be able to bring 1 or 2 power bars. Possibly my Wii and Brawl+.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
The directions made me lol. I think I can take the Warden bus to Ellesmere, then Ellesmere to Midland. I think my directions may fail.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Then come rikana. Do you drive?
Can't guarantee I'm coming. I've got a ****load of stuff to work on and the possibility of having work that day as well.

I'm most likely going to bus instead. I live near Scarborough Town Centre (about 10 minutes drive or 10-15 min bus ride) so.. it doesn't take me that long to get to Midland station.

Edit: So Ijust looked up the bus routes. I can just take the 57 on midland/steeles and get to midland/ellesmere instead. Which one would be faster though?

1. 21 Brimley on Steeles > STC station > Midland Station > 57 Midland to Ellesmere
2. Walk like 5 - 10 minutes to Midland/Steeles > 57 Midland to Ellesmere

Assuming its 2 since its less steps.. but RT usually just cuts through all traffic and I might even have to wait for the bus when I get to Midland Station. Meh.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
mk banned side tourney mebe???? i think thatd get more participants then sf4/bb..idk i just want to go to one since i missed dimmys lolz

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Venue fee for spectators makes perfect sense.

Let me rephrase that:

Venue fee for people in the venue makes sense.

Umm... so..... a last-stock Ganoncide will be decided by the game, then? That's the rules for this tourney?

So no Ganon will be Ganonciding?

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I would also be willing to back you up on this.

But if I go to BISB I wont go to this :(

Maybe at Niko K's
No go to this tournament. :)

Also I know this might be annoying but we need TVs and setups if everyone wants to make this tournament run smoothly.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It hasn't been updated yet >.<

I would bring a TV but I'm going by public transit... so I can't really do much other than bring a Wii... which I might depending on long I will be there... So partially confirm me of bringing my Wii.

idea

Smash Master
hey guys...how good is DK in brawl+? seems pretty good to me. or maybe i'm extrapolating too far from all those giant punches and dair spikes i got on my friends =P

just seems like he has melee DK's relative combo game without some of melee DK's horrible disadvantages. still comboable...but his moves aren't all ***, and stuff.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
You have to admit, both sides of the argument make sense.

It all depends on whether the money is needed, that you can charge venue fees for Smashers who aren't actually participating in the Tournament(s).
Marik, that is by far, the stupiest statement you've ever enforced in a thread.

Almost as stupid as the capcom / nintendo working together to make smash thing, as long as spectators are taking up space in a 50 person cap venue... They better pay the flippin' fee..

You were given a brain my friend, use it :psycho:

Obviously the money will be needed do you think F1ZZ / GI were given the venue for a day for free? :laugh:

Top Bottom