• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

G U R U

Smash Lord
Oh ****, thanks for the head's up Gi. I might have missed this thread if you didn't message me. I'm not sure if I can come though. I'll see what I can do.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
OK so Sauga situation:

I don't have the car

Carter can't drive but he'll be in the area so hes going without a car

Dimmy does not want to go

Sauga is rideless

: (

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
hmm i dont know if i have enough money to bus it to this from london. id be down if someone drove me though :D.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I keep planning, failing, and johning about not making it to these tournaments afterwards, I don't even know what to say anymore. It'll be extremely easy once I have a car, but that won't be till after summer if my hours stay like this (and I mean if they don't get any worse, because right now I get a lot of hours at work).

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Gi

I think we should just skip pools

honestly pools are just a fucking waste of time.

its obvious that most people here dont take them seriously. i always see people messing around, using secondaries, sandbagging, and just not caring.

and not to mention, people loaft SO HARD during pools. its ridiculous. they take so long to finish, they waste way too much time.

they have no purpose, as we already know how to seed the tourney. we already know which players should be where.

pools only drag a tourney on longer, i honestly think that theyre just a waste of time and we should go straight to bracket

but thats my opinion
i just think that itd be better to scrap pools, and maybe even have time for crews.

im sure everyone here would prefer crews

idea

Smash Master
<_< don't skip pools. i intend to use them to pick a main =P

pools = more matches you get to play. if only X number of people make it out then they're still worth trying in for most people.

and if people are lazing around and not doing their pools matches when it's a tightly scheduled tournament, that just means you need to kick them harder.

try the shins. you don't do any real damage but the pain stays there for longer than you'd think. a constant reminder to go play pools matches.

Gichan

Smash Champion
god dammit! Kalm you'e not coming I'm assuming? ****....

And Hollow, good stuff!

Set-ups people!!!

And if the attendance listed actually shows, there WILL be pools. Mikey, nick, Pharoah, or whoever can cry, lolz.

And sauga.....wtf am I going to do...GET DIMMY TO GO!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
If anyone could find a place where they sell 7" TVs for a cheap price... I would bring that TV to any tourney really ^.^

Anyone know where to get one? Srsly, it seems like we need more TVs, so I would like to pitch in a max $40 for a small TV that's portable.

sauc3

Smash Lord
yo guru if you end up goin to this could you pick me up from london and drop me off aswell, ill spot u the gas money,

sauc3

Smash Lord
If anyone could find a place where they sell 7" TVs for a cheap price... I would bring that TV to any tourney really ^.^

Anyone know where to get one? Srsly, it seems like we need more TVs, so I would like to pitch in a max $40 for a small TV that's portable.
there are 50-100 dollar 8 inch tvs at loblaws

and patches wanna come down to out bi-weekly this sunday? we can provide housing if needed

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
wtf srsly? Out of all the places why are there some at Loblaws... unless you're talking about the Superstore....

Sweet ^.^ I live right close to one! Epic win!

Depending on the size... I'll bring a TV Gi =D

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Gi

I think we should just skip pools

honestly pools are just a fucking waste of time.

its obvious that most people here dont take them seriously. i always see people messing around, using secondaries, sandbagging, and just not caring.

and not to mention, people loaft SO HARD during pools. its ridiculous. they take so long to finish, they waste way too much time.

they have no purpose, as we already know how to seed the tourney. we already know which players should be where.

pools only drag a tourney on longer, i honestly think that theyre just a waste of time and we should go straight to bracket

but thats my opinion
i just think that itd be better to scrap pools, and maybe even have time for crews.

im sure everyone here would prefer crews
They have to happen with 32+

idea

Smash Master
wtf srsly? Out of all the places why are there some at Loblaws... unless you're talking about the Superstore....

Sweet ^.^ I live right close to one! Epic win!

Depending on the size... I'll bring a TV Gi =D
I'm not sure who would want to play on an 8-inch TV, though. I'd feel kind of disoriented even playing on this 15-inch computer screen.

Also don't get it if it's LCD. They definitely lag for melee, I assume so for brawl too.

Maybe there are some smallish ones on craigslist?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'm not sure who would want to play on an 8-inch TV, though. I'd feel kind of disoriented even playing on this 15-inch computer screen.

Also don't get it if it's LCD. They definitely lag for melee, I assume so for brawl too.

Maybe there are some smallish ones on craigslist?
That's true, but it might do swell for 1 vs 1's. Although I might get a 13" TV... it would just have to be flat to make it pretty portable; I just wouldn't like carrying my heavy TV that weights like... 10 kgs and pretty much requires me to lug a TV with my two arms....

I'll make sure it's not an LCD if I do get one at maybe bigger than 10"s

So my ideal portable tourney TV is:

- Not LCD
- Easy to carry
- Cheap
- Good enough so 4 people can play on a screen
- Something that won't kill my back if I carry over public transit

I guess it's time for shopping... >.>

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
considering how dead this scene is, i doubt 32+ will happen
but who knows
Not with my intellectual advertising on AIB, if you cared about this scene as much as the next guy you would go on AIB, find canadian smashers and convince them to come.

They don't even know smashboards exists lmao, watch I'll get at least 10 before the tourney :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
Doc, don't take all the credit, lolz. I've been swimming on AiB as well. And yeah, was surprised that many don't know about Smashboards, pretty weird...

And Kalm, nice to hear you are still trying to come. I hope you bring your bro to, he has a sick Samus.

.decoy

Smash Ace
kingston didn't make it to BISB2 so im going to try and fill my car up for a daytrip to toronto.
just for you gi.

edit: nohomo.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Not with my intellectual advertising on AIB, if you cared about this scene as much as the next guy you would go on AIB, find canadian smashers and convince them to come.

They don't even know smashboards exists lmao, watch I'll get at least 10 before the tourney :)
I tried this, found like 7-8 people on Aib a while back...only person that came out was Stannum ; )

I asked like Ray who was gonna come to like 10 tournies lol, some guy who lives in sudbuy, Hex something, i1337 or something, and like 2 others

JustNoOne

Smash Lord

Epic phail... My closest Loblaw's Superstore carries only one non-LCD TV and it's 90 bucks for a smaller TV than mines currently... >.>

I wonder if I could take my TV from my room to this... but my parents will give me an Asian whip at the back :*( Sorry Gi.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Did Gi get banned or something? I can't reply to his profile visitor message.

I can't confirm my attendance. Not at all.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I don't think he would get banned... He didn't do anything against the rules.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Sorry for not poasting Gi, I have full intentions of coming to this with the Niagara Crew, thought I confirmed already lol. Tippr is coming to as far as I know! You need a Wii?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
TVs would be swell ^.^

I think this is actually going to be pretty fun XD Srlsy!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wiis are needed!

At the moment we have 9 tvs (possibly ten if dimmy saves the day and brings sauga). We only have like 5-6 wiis confirmed and about 3-4 of those have brawl +.

One thing I am going to say. I will be using ALL tvs for events as I wish to use them. I will also be using all Wiis as I need to to get things done, so B+ people please don't hate, it's to make sure B+ happens.

As I see it, I'll be doing doubles (there will be doubles, seems like enough people are going to have a tourney happening) and BlazBlue at the same time cause there will be people who don't play doubles and they'll have something to do. By the quarter or semi-finals of losers happens in doubles, single pools will begin. By then, doubles (up to grand finals) and BlazBlue should be done. When singles brackets happens, grand finals of doubles will be played. As bracket is dying, Brawl + and Sf IV sign ups will happen.

As you see.....we are in desperate need of tvs, I'm too broke right now to buy a tv, but I'm considering. Please people, if it is possible bring a tv to have this tourney run smoothly. At the moment, it is looking epic! Woooot!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I still have yet to see myself on the list even though I said I may be able to come (worth mentioning since there's already other maybe's on your list).

But yeah; I can bring power bars, Brawl disc (if its even needed), and an extension cord. I'll see how many I can find in the time being.

I might be able to bring 2 or 3 Wiis.. maybe..

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Wii + brawl and if someone can pick me up i'll bring my 20 inch.

Just trying to help, the wii / brawl is for sure though, and if someone steals it, I'm killing everyone within a 30 kilometre radius.

Deal?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
At least you didn't get your Wiimote jacked ^.^ (I don't know if you got anything jacked in the past)

But yeah, we all need to be very careful of equipment and who ends up with them at the end of the day and whatnot. I wouldn't like to see a friend pissed about losing their stuff and they just wanted to have fun.

Top Bottom