• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School Board Cancels Prom Rather Than Grant Wish To Lesbian Teen

D

Deleted member

How sad is that. They cancel an important event for possibly hundreads of students all because of an lesbian teen.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What does it harm for the student to take her date and wear a tux? It's not like they are going to commit any lewd activities in public and ruin the prom as a result... What? Is fire going to rain from the sky while Nazis ride on dinosaurs as a result of the lesbians going to prom just like everyone else?
Better safe than sorry.
jk lol

But really, this whole situation sounds like it's gone too far and they made it a lot bigger than is should've been.

I didn't read the article or through all these posts yet, but my first impression is that whoever made this decision is being extremely stubborn and immature. I hope someone told them that this isn't the ****ing 1950's anymore.
I hope they get what they deserve as a result.

EDIT:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7699907&page=1

They should take a lesson from this principal.
hahahaha what an insult to all of the females contestants there xD

Still it's nice to see stuff like that I guess.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Shouldn't you be taking care of your polar bears rather than wasting time online?
Wow. Just wow. How many times do we Canadians have to tell you, only the military uses polar bears becuase if a civillian got their hands on one, it would be choas.

Also isn the news counter productive? You're just showing the whole world how much an *** you are to homosexuals.

Despite my school being Catholic, my Law teacher AKA the Principal of my has no problems with Gays. And if any thing the only times we have problems with gays is when **** gets out of hand.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Shouldn't you be taking care of your polar bears rather than wasting time online?
Wow. Just wow. How many times do we Canadians have to tell you, only the military uses polar bears becuase if a civillian got their hands on one, it would be choas.
Sigged.

I rarely sig things, but I feel the need to with this for some odd reason.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This.

And I've nothing against most gays, but out of the 4 I know, 1 has stalked me, 1 tried to kiss me out of nowhere (Tater used FALCON KICK! It's super effective!), and the 3rd did both of the former and tried to cop a feel during a demonstration from our science teacher (Falcon f-smash=critical hit!). Makes it difficult NOT to have a negative attitude with gays, but that school is pretty effed up.
While I understand where you're coming from, the same thing can and does happen from straight guys towards girls too...

Okay yeah the stereotyping in this thread is a little stupid. People in general are stupid, let's not give any extra credit to any single location.
Very very true...

@ OP:

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's so stupid.

It's worse in Texas, cuz they passed a law banning same-sex marriage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It's only a matter of time before Russia invades.
They're just playing the waiting game right now.

Clever.....

And if it means anything, I DO NOT want to get married.
Not sure why. Guess I can't see it working out to well for me .__.

And yeah, I'm gay.

Skam

Smash Rookie
That was so uncalled for. The school board messed up big. Who cares if they are lesbian, they have the right to be. Back off and dont ruin everybody elses night, lame *** school board. -.-

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

Clever.....

And if it means anything, I DO NOT want to get married.
Not sure why. Guess I can't see it working out to well for me .__.

And yeah, I'm gay.
Yes and the time for Stalin's revival is soon to come.

I can't picture myself every meeting anyone that would want to marry me >_>

But then again we still have that bull**** Prop 8 fiasco so I won't be able to marry anyman here in California.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, it did at my prom.

I probably should.
Disregard what slash's said, he's lying. We're all mad bosses riding polar bears to school!

Oh and, my principal is a speaking-polar bear, so we're having discrimination against gay polar bears only! He's covered war, y'know.

(Sorry for the late reply, hadn't noticed it. Cookie to the one who points out the reference in the sentence.)

Hm.

1. Go to Canada.
2. Acquire a polar bear.
3. ?????
4. Profits.
Well, there's a consequence to it. A good one.
Polar bears are like money to gamblers. You can't get enough of them...
You'll end up becoming a Canadian!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I probably should.
Disregard what slash's said, he's lying. We're all mad bosses riding polar bears to school!

Oh and, my principal is a speaking-polar bear, so we're having discrimination against gay polar bears only! He's covered war, y'know.

(Sorry for the late reply, hadn't noticed it. Cookie to the one who points out the reference in the sentence.)

Well, there's a consequence to it. A good one.
Polar bears are like money to gamblers. You can't get enough of them...
You'll end up becoming a Canadian!
Frank West reference.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
That girl ruined the prom of her whole year. Why couldn't she just agree with the terms and show some respect to her classmates.

Darkslash

Smash Master

I honestly think its our Polar Bears thier afraid of. Russia would most likely invade through Alaska. And there are tons of Polar bears in the Yukon. So yea.

Also we had some similar discussion in Law class on a similar topic. Blah Blah Blah Discrimination that kind of stuff.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
That girl ruined the prom of her whole year. Why couldn't she just agree with the terms and show some respect to her classmates.
Well, I think that's what the school board wanted people to think, and that may be why they canceled the prom rather than simply bar her and her girlfriend from going. They could have simply denied two students access to the event, and it would have been the same was kicking out a student who was violating the dress code or being disruptive. I don't think it would have even been a legal issue. Whether they did it deliberately or not, their decision has caused her classmates to blame her for the cancellation, and thus she's become a scapegoat for the school board's actions.

Anyway, out of all of that:

"New Orleans hotel owner Sean Cummings told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson he was so disappointed with the school board's decision he offered to transport the students in buses to the city and host a free prom at one of his properties.

"'New Orleans, we're a joyful culture and a creative culture here and, if the school doesn't change its mind, we'd be delighted to offer them a prom in New Orleans,' he told the newspaper. 'Concluding your high school experience should be a joyful one. One shouldn't conclude that experience with all their friends on a negative note.'"

I just thought that was a nice gesture.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
The ice caps are going to melt because of all the hot steamy lesbian sex going on.

Silly chart.

Also, I know this has probably been said already but why did the school board decide to cancel the prom instead of trying to go for a smaller-scale settlement with the ACLU suit?

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
By settling with the ACLU, they would be admitting fault. By not holding the prom, they're withdrawing from the debate without compromising their own policies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Families WILL be destroyed.
I'm going to assume you're joking.
This is gayer than prop 8.
..Trolling?
Okay no. This is where you being dumb stops.

Show respect to her classmates? All she wanted to do was go to her Prom with her girlfriend. Agree to the terms? Of being discriminated against? I suppose you thought Rosa Parks shouldn't have made a big deal about being kicked out of her seat, too?

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Shadic, I can't help but think that Guus is just trolling and he doesn't really believe it.
Somebody would really have to be mentally ******** to think like that.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Funny, I just copied my post from one of the comments in the OP's source :urg: I guess there's a lot of mentally ******** people out there.

Top Bottom