• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

0Room

Smash Lord
The second
Because he allowed the DD instead of hitting the person

At least that's how I see it

Walt

Smash Ace
Yeah that's what I'm saying pretty much. They're DDing? **** that. Threaten them or just hit them straight up.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
lawl i was actually making a joke but yea.

if DD = the other person ****ed up, maybe the first person ****ed up because their DD only let the other player DD.

your mind is blown.

0Room

Smash Lord
The point of the DD is to make hitting the opponent a mixup game, so I don't see why you're classifying it as a straight up error...
Exactly
I'm just playing both sides for understanding purposes
And because it's fun

Tekk

Smash Lord
I think Wavedancing is better than dash dancing: It's more nervous, keeps you closer to your opponent.
Hax is a good example of "wavedancer" (sounds so gay LOL)

0Room

Smash Lord
Let's not turn this into the "What color do you use" thread
Because there's already one of those

Let's talk about improvement
What exactly is the #1 thing you need to improve on right now?

I think mine is speed/mobility

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Consistency, and options from the ledge. I ledgehop>arial like 90% of the time. Lately i've been working on doing waveland gentleman from the ledge. It is really sweet and if you do it right the first jab has a invulnerability frames. (or i'm just hitting them before their move comes out)

Walt

Smash Ace
Playing well consistently. I'm content with how good my edgeguarding, combos, zoning, shield pressure, being in shield pressure, and recovery are for the time being. Just some games I play amazing, am in the completely correct mentality, I'm thinking about every choice and almost nothing is habit, and some games I just stop thinking and auto pilot into playing at 30% as well as I can.

word up to ledgehop gentlemen btw. **** is red hot.

0Room

Smash Lord
Options from the ledge. I ledgehop>aerial like 90% of the time.
Playing well consistently.
I agree with both of these
[and I know Nakamaru said consistency as well]

Walt talk to me about your in shield pressure
S2J I'd love to hear about your thoughts in shield too

That's a lower-skill area for me right now, I end up rolling a lot because Falcon's roll is really good. I also have some issues with dairing OoS, which is mostly good only when they're not really on your shield.

Shield grabbing is actually kind of underrated but
eh

I think S2J said something about when people shieldgrab

They do so a lot as a noob
Almost never when developing
And only when they see the chance when they get really good

I thought I had indexed the post but I was wrong
Anywho
Falco is the next sheik and frustrating as ****
/obvious sentences

Walt

Smash Ace
I forced myself to learn to shield DI like a mofo, so that's one thing. I also intentionally power shield all the time. Just those two things allowing you to get out of shield pressure earlier than usual really helps. Power shield+shield DI away = free OoS escape option. Other than pretty much everything Winston listed and be calm, I always get messed up if I get scared. One more thing you can do is quickly mash DJ OoS onto platforms. It's risky but if you see an opening that you would try to dair OoS, or FJ OoS then DJ OoS>platform waveland is really fast since the second jump moves up quicker than your first jump.

I do shield grab too much now that I think about it though. Should break that habit. It's from my Ganon play where I aim my shield up so FJ aerials from spacies hit earlier for a free shield grab.

0Room

Smash Lord
Hey Kage while you're here
I'd like to ask you the same

As in
What is it you feel like you have to improve on, if there is one particular thing that stands out to you?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey Kage while you're here
I'd like to ask you the same

As in
What is it you feel like you have to improve on, if there is one particular thing that stands out to you?
Consistency, my level fluctuates way too much. I can beat people better than me while I could lose to people worst than me, I need to make my general level higher.

Windrose

Smash Lord
dang windrose my training partners keep telling me how good you are, can't wait to play you at the upcoming tourney >=D
jkjk

(back to the question thread)
What da heck, you have to use the ":troll:" emoticon when you're trolling!! (see below for example). Who are your training partners?

I wanna play windrose
And have him post one more time so he'll have 666 posts
oh wow! 666. That's good luck right? :troll:

Yeah, I kinda wish there was some sort of falcon thread meet up lol. So far met reneblade, juggle guy and s2j. There's lots of really good mid level falcons that never post in here that I saw in the midwest ie. ORLY.

i will probably if im free
it's a saturday man, you have to come!! the quebec people are going to come too(rarely get to play them)! this is going to be a really big tournament in toronto. lots of chances to improve. I know you go to university of toronto St. George so this will be blocks away from you! Invite your friends. If you don't have the link to the tournament thread yet, I can pass it to you.

Consistency, my level fluctuates way too much. I can beat people better than me while I could lose to people worst than me, I need to make my general level higher.
Do you think this is because characters like ganon and falcon requires more risk taking/guessing (or "reading") than certain other characters?
PS: looking forward to seeing you on the 12th!!

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'll try to make it out. exams and stuff though, i dont wanna be an irresponsible mofo. gotta keep my grades up so i can get a job

also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjsVE8Xyd8k#t=5m24s
I love that thing nando does where he runs away after the stomp. SOOoo goood sometimes

also i trained with eternal and Hal, i dont know Hal's gamer name if he has one

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Isn't running away one of the three standard things to do after you hit their shield with an aerial?

(along with gentleman or doing another aerial, depending on spacing)
if your talking about the nando vid, he didnt hit his shield he just stomped him lol
and ran away before he even hit the ground. which is strange cus a falcon player might normally do some jab or dtilt **** from a stomp, but the run away read regrab was nice. i really like that

also yes i like to run away after hitting an aerial. mostly out of fear of getting marth grabbed lol. although like max range jabs wont get you grabbed which is nice

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been talking to a friend of mine who I've been trying to play once a week
And he was talking about how Falcon is actually fast enough to react to anything and win

So I think I'm going to try that
Gotta pull out my Zen stuff and clear my mind of preconceptions and just react to everything and see how it goes

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's hard to say if it's my character or just my style, like if I don't hit my "non-sensical" stuff then I'm the one that will probably get killed since then I believe that my defensive gameplay might need a bit of work yes. Defending yourself is pretty tough in this game, you have to be on-point with like every DI possible as you get hit and that's not easy at all for me or simply knowing exactly what to do with your shield or rolls and stuff, i think I have problems with that too.

0Room

Smash Lord
I'm getting pretty good with my anticombo DI, I've made a few people angry because of it
But yes what to do with my shield and when to do things so that I can transition from defense->offense is kind of tough

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well it's not only the shield, it's just sometimes maybe a tiny wrong movement will get me hit or i did the wrong move to counter-attack, even like a pre-emptive attack that I thought was going to hit, didn't, lots of different small things, I'm really trying to adjust everything so i can be more air tight.. but it's really really hard.

Top Bottom