• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
mach dash? please remove yourself from the internet

its probably g-reg/s2j
lmfao oh east coast

remember when it was darkrain/scar/hax/g-reg/jiano cuz ss was terrible?

i think you're are just racist against asians

mach dash actually WINS tournaments over here against accomplished space animals and sheiks. like, 1st place. he's literally a contender for best in the country

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ok...and since when is japan on par with the united states?

05? 06?

i havent seen a video from there in like...forever

let alone a video of mach dash since that combo video of him came out in like..

07?

and im def not racist

i love ss

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i havent seen a video from there in like...forever
I can link you later ^_^ i'm at work right now

nothing to do except browse swf though >_>

all the tourney vids are on a different channel and sometimes different website

and the thing is, it's not that "one country is on par with another" or whatever. rather, it's that the REGION mach dash plays in, kansai (west japan), is on par with the better regions in america. like, local tournaments are 40+ people with a lot of big names showing up - so while obviously japan is a much smaller country and can't stack up as an entire country, it's kind of like saying the same thing about individual European countries. Sure, they're not that great if you say things like "Netherlands vs USA," but if you say "Netherlands vs [American region]" then it's definitely comparable.

edit: and while we're on the subject, i kind of think fuzzyness (best player in the UK) might be up there as well, at least in certain particular matchups (sheik.)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
still... no one from japan has come over here to the big international tourneys...

i think m2k said he was gonna go over there so i guess that could be a measuring stick lol

but idk

we'd have to wait and see until then and ask m2k's opinion on him

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think its really really hard to push for Mach dash being a top 3 falcon (above hax wtf) without having him ever played the americans, or anyone from japan playing the americans in like....4 years. they dont even play the europeans. I think the burden of proof is on the foriegners to prove themselves and until then might as well not mention em. (ya, i know your in japan right now toph)

but i def remember when people in this very thread on this very board thought SS was overrated all flash no substance and "only good on wc" before he went and pooped on everyone LOL

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i'm not sure if i believe that about Mach Dash, but i wouldn't be surprised if he were. i'm just distrustful of other people's opinions, in general.

i dont wanna sound like a chauvinistic a$$-clown, but most of the smash community is centered in america, so he'd probably have to come over here to prove himself like Armada.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeaaa idk... its close with a lot of people who play the same character (like, scar will periodically beat SS and stuff)

I agree though. that's the main problem with japan is how isolated it is. like, even in europe, people speak english so they at least come on smashboards and interact, but yeah lol

ill tell people about pound 5 cuz APEX is obviously too soon >_>;

D

Deleted member

i'd say i am top 10 in falcon rankings, towards the bottom both in terms of accomplishments and current skill

ss/hax/darkrain/scar

g-reg is impressive and beasts people like eggm /cactuar

mach dash i'll take tophs word for it

there's others like jetfour and gg7 who are very good also

nando? (never watched his vids)

and lots of people are impressive in general like thumbswayup's falcon and bigr

falcon dittos are my best but my other matchups are extremely variable, i absolutely love to gamble/ do reads and don't regrab much anymore

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
s2j i seen your vids your mad good, if u watch my vids you won't be very much impressed cause i dont got recent vids =/ Magus will be uploading me vs HBK soon tho they were friendlies but my most recent on video

Palpi

Smash Hero
I feel like I get much more regrabs in than everything else from tech chasing. A lot of the time, I know someone will be there, I just mistime the dair or knee and I don't follow it up. but if I am trying to grab, it seems like there is much more room for actual "chasing" rather than reads or guesses.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah. I have to work on my timing. The worst thing that gets in my head is when I know they will tech in place or techroll behind me and I am there...I just mistime my knee/dair. It annoys me to no ****ing end lol. When that happens I resort to regrabbing.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
next time do whatever you do without fast falling

that way you dont screw up timing

plus you can catch a spot dodge

only con to this is if you guess wrong,

you wont be able to react in time to still get a grab or a nair

Tomacawk

Smash Master
BigD and Bigy are both crazy under-rated. *****s don't know bout them midwest falcons since reneblade isn't here to tell everybody everyday :(

D

Deleted member

i meant bigy

all the big(insert letter) players are pretty good actually

otg

Smash Master
jona is the best falcon, he taught hax. i taught jona tho, so inherently i taught hax. but djn taught me and every other importnat person ever, so in reality DJN > god, tho we all knew that. Who could go about ripping off so many people and never paying them back? Only the lord jesus christ himself.

otg

Smash Master
Animal first of all

you clearly suck at this game

nah im just kiding

but honestly, go **** yourself

second of all,

idgaf, id **** you without my hands, ill just loo at a gamecube controller and ****ing **** you. HAVE YOU NOT SEEN ME LEAve THE COUNTRY?

I'ts a ****ing artform.

2thrid of all,

**** you

Animal

Smash Lord
cool story bro.

go suck jonas small chodee.

i dont even need to leave my house to **** you, i do it with my mind. im mind ****ing you right now.

dont be foold everyone to think that otg is good. hes just the only doc ever to play in the east coast so we all like wtffffffffffff. then were like oh ya hes doc duh and we **** him.

otg

Smash Master
cool story bro.

go suck jonas small chodee.

i dont even need to leave my house to **** you, i do it with my mind. im mind ****ing you right now.

dont be foold everyone to think that otg is good. hes just the only doc ever to play in the east coast so we all like wtffffffffffff. then were like oh ya hes doc duh and we **** him.
yo animal you're so right

which explains why you'e lost to my marth and falcon and falco and fox and doc and pretty much every round you'e played against me.

Good ****.

DO me a favor and ask project how his *** felt after i refused to use lube before IGOTTHE****OUTOFHTECOUTNRYHOLYSHIHT

on some real **** tho, good **** for never coming out and doing nothing but talking **** on the boards.

Animal

Smash Lord
marth is dumb. you other characters cant touch my fox *****. you'll see. haaaa im making an apperance on friday/saturday. so be grateful im actually deciding to leave the island. everytime i do i jsut **** ****. and project is the worst player in the world. foreal

otg

Smash Master
marth is dumb. you other characters cant touch my fox *****. you'll see. haaaa im making an apperance on friday/saturday. so be grateful im actually deciding to leave the island. everytime i do i jsut **** ****. and project is the worst player in the world. foreal
Fox ditto/falco v. fox mm. you name the price, i look forward to takeing ur $$$$

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I couldn't say for sure how good he is, but Mach Dash is by far the most entertaining Falcon.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I can link you later ^_^ i'm at work right now

nothing to do except browse swf though >_>

all the tourney vids are on a different channel and sometimes different website

and the thing is, it's not that "one country is on par with another" or whatever. rather, it's that the REGION mach dash plays in, kansai (west japan), is on par with the better regions in america. like, local tournaments are 40+ people with a lot of big names showing up - so while obviously japan is a much smaller country and can't stack up as an entire country, it's kind of like saying the same thing about individual European countries. Sure, they're not that great if you say things like "Netherlands vs USA," but if you say "Netherlands vs [American region]" then it's definitely comparable.

edit: and while we're on the subject, i kind of think fuzzyness (best player in the UK) might be up there as well, at least in certain particular matchups (sheik.)
could you please link us to stuff? i LOVE mach dash. (seen so many old vids of him)

and counting out japan just because they havent played in european or us tournaments lately is very stupid, we have no reason to assume theyre behind the rest of the world in the metagame.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
could you please link us to stuff? i LOVE mach dash. (seen so many old vids of him)

and counting out japan just because they havent played in european or us tournaments lately is very stupid, we have no reason to assume theyre behind the rest of the world in the metagame.
we also have no reason to assume they are equal to the rest of the world in the metagame.

Top Bottom