• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So if the C-stick inputs one frame of ASDI in the direction you're holding, what exactly does that mean in a more...understandable way? I'm stupid when it comes to DI, maybe I'd live longer if I understood it better >_<

tubes

Smash Ace
You know, there's a thread in melee discussion with links to like 6 of the 3 billion sdi/asdi/teching guides Magus has written.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It means that it automatically smash DIs for one frame. You can smash DI on each and every frame of a hit, so that's how you get the crazy **** in perfect control where they give a smash input on every single frame of a hit. By using C-stick + control stick, you can typically get 2 frames of smash DI (1 from each), so that's where double stick DI comes in, but it's tricky and not really worth knowing until you have regular DI figured out really well.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok and to do the dual stick DI...an example would be like hold the control stick in the appropriate direction, then repeatedly mash the C-stick perpendicular to that direction, correct?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Double stick DI is misleading. It sounds like double-stick tech but it's not at all the same. Double stick DI involves two forms of smash DI, while double stick tech uses ASDI and normal DI.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
this thread has OVER 9000 replies.

w00t.

Also gg7 basically won because he played smart, whereas darkrain just bullrushes in and tries to bruteforce his way through with huge aggression as per usual.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
GG7 played the set of his life. Amazing matches.

Darkrain lost to Wobbles because of reckless aggression. He's so technical that usually he can get away with this, but against players like Wobbles and M2K it's a whole different story.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
oh my god, I get it! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

it's like that episode of dragon ball Z, where Goku comes back and starts fighting Nappa, and he's all like, "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?" And then Vegeta's all like, "IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!" And then Nappa's all like, "What? 9000?"

But instead, you made it about this thread's post count. That's so witty! I'll bet no one has EVER thought of doing that before!

*gives chred and legion a high five through the interwebs*

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
GG7 played another set in the losers finals versus Wobbles. That's a better set... for Wobbles. But you do get to see a Sheik get *****, something we all take pleasure from.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master

it's like that episode of dragon ball Z, where Goku comes back and starts fighting Nappa, and he's all like, "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?" And then Vegeta's all like, "IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!" And then Nappa's all like, "What? 9000?"

But instead, you made it about this thread's post count. That's so witty! I'll bet no one has EVER thought of doing that before!

*gives chred and legion a high five through the interwebs*
it's like you didn't find what we said funny at all, and you were all like, "omg, these idiots need to not make references to that ****ty joke!"

But instead, you made a post that consisted entirely of highly transparent sarcasm, attempting to portray how much you loathed the joke without coming out straight about it. That's so witty! I'll bet no one has EVER thought of doing that before!

*gives mogwai a high five through the interwebs*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it's like you didn't find what we said funny at all, and you were all like, "omg, these idiots need to not make references to that ****ty joke!"

But instead, you made a post that consisted entirely of highly transparent sarcasm, attempting to portray how much you loathed the joke without coming out straight about it. That's so witty! I'll bet no one has EVER thought of doing that before!

*gives mogwai a high five through the interwebs*
Thanks! I'll be here all week with my witty jabs!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I realized yesterday that I completely stopped moonwalking and my falcon has been even better.

but sexy falcon wins sexy points. so i'm practicing it again.

and there isn't many questions to ask for falcon so this thread isn't good. but whatev. occasionally i learn

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
moonwalking actually onyl has one real use, but people use it all the time anyways. I should probably not moonwalk as much.

D

Deleted member

If you do a moon-sticky turnaround walk, most people will shield as you run at them and grab, save that for when you really need that grab

otg

Smash Master
Yo honestly, I love DBZ. It was a big part of my childhood, but rewatching it again just makes me see how much I hate it. There is just way to much fluff and filler, and most of the action sequences are too short in comparison to the bull**** they throw in there to fill up time.

Animal

Smash Lord
haha ya i tried watching the final battle Goku vs Freiza. No joke **** lasted 16 episodes. How many of those episodes actually fighting? probably like 2 hahah

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Shameless GG7 promotion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKkYatmbSM&feature=channel
Let's see Darkrain beat Wobbles ;)
Thank you jackie :D

Also gg7 basically won because he played smart, whereas darkrain just bullrushes in and tries to bruteforce his way through with huge aggression as per usual.
thanks i guess? :D

GG7 is just ****.
I love you :D

GG7 played the set of his life. Amazing matches.

Darkrain lost to Wobbles because of reckless aggression. He's so technical that usually he can get away with this, but against players like Wobbles and M2K it's a whole different story.
Thank you :D

good **** GG7, were all proud of you.
And an extra big thank you to Reneblade since he was one of my first fans :D

Also for the record, like Jetfour said like 10 pages back, I am working full time AND my computer is busted which is why I haven't been posting. but i have been playing smash as much as possible and i appreciate all the support from my falcon brothers!

also, loser's finals vs wobbles is an AMAZING set. you guys will love it. I did lose, but it was ****ing close like hell. Also, **** sheik.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm not saying you didn't play well, you ***** lol, I'm just pointing out the big difference between you and darkrain in that match.

I.B

Smash Lord
Yo honestly, I love DBZ. It was a big part of my childhood, but rewatching it again just makes me see how much I hate it. There is just way to much fluff and filler, and most of the action sequences are too short in comparison to the bull**** they throw in there to fill up time.
haha ya i tried watching the final battle Goku vs Freiza. No joke **** lasted 16 episodes. How many of those episodes actually fighting? probably like 2 hahah
watch Dragonball Kai

its DBZ, except HD and virtually no fillers :)

it's not out in english yet though so you'll have to deal with subs

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I.B. that is like the best thing I ever heard.

and anyone who plays aggressive at all vs IC's I feel like is just asking to lose. The best way to handle the matchup, especially as falcon, is to bait out their moves and be very patient. As patient as it takes to not get grabbed.

Animal

Smash Lord
hahah its like 16 just for his final transformation and like 30 including all his other pusssy ones.

Animal

Smash Lord
lol ya but 30 episodes of the final fight takes suspense to a new level.

Turazrok

Smash Master
He wanted his series to go out with a bang. It's understandable. You know how many times he kept drawing due to fans wanting more?

Go check out dragonballwiki.

Top Bottom