• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you cped me with ganon, I would go sheik. Just so you know....
You can't necessarily, because you don't know if he's gonna switch. Remember if the Falcon vs ICs, Falcon loses. The Falcon chooses stage, then ICs decide if he wants to switch character or not, then Falcon can decide to switch character after that.

And anyways if the Falcon wins first match, why would he want to switch? Especially with the new rules, it's pretty much not needed.

Turazrok

Smash Master
You can't necessarily, because you don't know if he's gonna switch. Remember if the Falcon vs ICs, Falcon loses. The Falcon chooses stage, then ICs decide if he wants to switch character or not, then Falcon can decide to switch character after that.

And anyways if the Falcon wins first match, why would he want to switch? Especially with the new rules, it's pretty much not needed.
I will throw my controller against the wall if CF wins the first match.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
peefy if you do better with ganon than with falcon its a good idea. its that simple.

ic players vary a lot in what matchups they like/hate as well though, so its best to learn that matchup as well as you can in general so you just play know when theyre vulnerable, when they can get you, etc.

one time i played trail in 2 sets and played like 4 or 5 different characters i think, i lost both so that was probably a bad idea though

do what you want is the moral of the story

Cia

das kwl
jiggs is the best char in the game to win tourneys with but shes not outright broken or busted, she doesn't get enough credit but whatever
Jiggs kinda sucks. She's only slightly better than Kirby. And she has no favorable match ups (except maybe sheik because she's that awful). even the ditto is bad for her. clearly an oversight on the developer's part.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Thanks. It's from Reneblade's video on youtube. :)
AWWWW MAN I AM FEELING THE LOVE RIGHT NOW.

Vanz now we HAVE to MM @ pound. You're gonna **** me, but thats even more ok now.

edit

Scar rants are legendary.

Vanz, was that you that pm'ed me on youtube?

Also Starcraft is the ****.
thank you that is all.

edit #18

I've been playing teams alot lately. What is a successful Falcon's role in teams? Knee finishers and distracting an enemy so you parter can do all the damage?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yeah, it was neko that pm'ed me, I didnt think it was you but i wasn't sure.

Yeah those mother ****ers need to be put in there place.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
imo opinion falcon is good in teams cuz he can run around fast and kill with knees. teams need chars with a strong finisher (fox upsmash/bair/uair, sheik fair/uair...)

also he doesn't afraid of anything

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've been playing teams alot lately. What is a successful Falcon's role in teams? Knee finishers and distracting an enemy so you parter can do all the damage?
REALLY depends who you're teaming with and to a lesser extent, against. When teaming with a spacy, you usually need to keep yourself out of position to get futtbucked for having relatively terrible moves and pick up tech chases/finish combos.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
*shrugs* different things are boring for different people. When teaming with Fox, you get to do the best team combos and knee snipe like crazy, but in general you should be trying to stay out of the thick of things, so if you don't mind waiting for your opportunities, teaming with Fox is awesome, but if you're impatient, it would probably suck.

4% APR

Smash Champion
REALLY depends who you're teaming with and to a lesser extent, against. When teaming with a spacy, you usually need to keep yourself out of position to get futtbucked for having relatively terrible moves and pick up tech chases/finish combos.
I think jiano played a pretty cool teams falcon. holding stocks and stuff

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yup, although I remember hearing PC say he thinks Fox Peach is the best team back at the first RoM.
back in the day, pro peaches were way better than pro Jigglypuffs. it's an outdated opinion because now the Jiggs players are better.

i think marth jiggs or falcon jiggs is great
I agree, and I think Falcon is one of the characters that is debatably better with Jiggs than Fox.

And now that I think about it, while Shiek is probably better off with Fox, I think Marth's best teammate is probably Sheik.

"I only name search on SWF's" - Scar
rofl, *****' scar.

D

Deleted member

I only did 1 build in tvz and that was 1 rax CC into late game

U would rush like a fool every single game and our games are decided on whether you screw up big time or pull off some insane strat like sending 50 zerglings up the *** randomly

good thing my sc days are over, they were fun and produced much rage but it just took up too much time

Niko45

Smash Master
And now that I think about it, while Shiek is probably better off with Fox, I think Marth's best teammate is probably Sheik.
Marth/Sheik is fantastic. At Princeton Mike Tian and I lost game 1 R1 badly him CF me Marth. He then changed to sheik the rest of the way and we never looked back. His sheik isn't even as good as his CF, either.

D

Deleted member

up-b the wrong way

press L or R a little bit BEFORE you get hit

most people press it when they get hit and that will never work

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you can practice by going into training mode and using proximity mines or going to falco's break the target stage

Top Bottom