• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

∫unk

Smash Master
hey guys so i want to visit cencal to play brawl... does anyone want to play in sb? other than DSF lol (I mean I'll definitely play him but I want to try and play as many people when I go)

here's some recent matches... i think brawl is pretty entertaining when it's played like how it is in the videos. well the textures and music look nice anyway lol (i love my battlefield :D)

i'm going to start playing more snake I think:
vs ddd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FJx3HW074

vs mk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kilQ9J_Ndfc

2 other lol matches

falcon vs mk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8YP5Veag4

gw 2 stocks down vs ddd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPra8rDEM0

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well, as I said in the thread about the UCSB tournament, the Santa Barbara Video Game Club (SBVGC) is hosting another gamefest with brawl and melee tournaments on Saturday, April 17th. I will be posting the official thread in the next couple days (once I get the kinks out of the brawl rules) so we can discuss there. Just giving another heads up to be looking out for it!

I has been practicing my tech skill, so hopefully I can be more of a challenge this time around.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Ye. This is the cooler gosu. I have over 9000 coolpoints. GosuEngineer has meerly 1337 coolpoints.

I am also from Santa Barbara. I just never got to play with these crazy kids so my skills haven't developed as much :(

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure what is interesting about the spelling.

Gosu means "pro" in korean.
I play a game on warcraft3 called sheep tag. I use the account name "GosuSheep" on there. I use it other places too.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I give you 3/10. My grandma makes better puns, sir-.-

I won't be taking over. There is a divide between City College and University smashers. I and another smasher, Eric, are the most pro-active players here (at city college). We play a lot at campus and will be running the tournaments over here during Gamefest. But we don't usually play or even communicate with UC players. We also have a couple other players on about the same skill level, namely: Nathan and Bryant.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Ye. This is the cooler gosu. I have over 9000 coolpoints. GosuEngineer has meerly 1337 coolpoints.

I am also from Santa Barbara. I just never got to play with these crazy kids so my skills haven't developed as much :(
Well not sure how you deduced that as we have never met or even played a game together...But I appreciate your input.

I am not sure what is interesting about the spelling.

Gosu means "pro" in korean.
I play a game on warcraft3 called sheep tag. I use the account name "GosuSheep" on there. I use it other places too.
and the actual spelling of gosu is 고수 not that anyone cares

Me and GosuSheep are the gosus, everyone else are 초보

Hope you guys are doing well and good luck with SB game fest

CableCho57

Smash Lord
hey so does the sbvgc meet regularly?

and why is there a divide among the sbcc and ucsb smashers? im in high school and i just smash when anything is posted in this thread. just post when/where you guys are playing and some of us will probably go. and vice versa

javitr91

Smash Rookie
Wow, that just sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Kinda wish there was more than just 4 of us... We keep getting like one timers, but that's it really.
I'd like to keep up with you guys, but I just haven't seen anything on SB or gotten a text from anyone about other meets, so I obviously haven't gone again. Hit me up the next time you get together and I'll most likely head on over.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
SBVGC does meet regularly. We have forums as well. We are currently rigorously working on getting Gamefest to be super awesome and what-not.

The divide from SBCC and UCSB is mostly distance. It is a lot more difficult for SBCC people to go play with UCSB people because most of us don't live in/near Isla Vista.

Conceivably, we could play every single weekend together, but I, personally, never have the time. Here are the times I can play:

Monday: Lunch break (so anytime between noon and 3ish) for only an hour
Tuesday: 12:30 - 1:15 (between class and work)
Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursday: 12:30 - 2:00, 4:00 - 5:00
Friday: Maybe after 5:00pm
Saturday/Sunday: Whatever schedule

As you can see, I don't have much time to play, and I am usually at city college (other times at work) during my free time, so I can't just swing on over to UCSB, play, then go back because it takes too long.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I give you 3/10. My grandma makes better puns, sir-.-

I won't be taking over. There is a divide between City College and University smashers. I and another smasher, Eric, are the most pro-active players here (at city college). We play a lot at campus and will be running the tournaments over here during Gamefest. But we don't usually play or even communicate with UC players. We also have a couple other players on about the same skill level, namely: Nathan and Bryant.
Junk is the guy who taught me how to play good :D
He knows me.

Stupid DDD just cuz SB has 3 DK players. JK man, Junk, you should come back for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom