• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
At this point, I just need to get experienced in all the matchups. I need to have a game plan for every possible matchup I could encounter, and I need to be prepared for the matchup to be against a top level player. I've got all the tech skill I need. I've eliminated a lot of my bad habits. I just need to learn how to shut down all opponents.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
At this point, I just need to get experienced in all the matchups. I need to have a game plan for every possible matchup I could encounter, and I need to be prepared for the matchup to be against a top level player. I've got all the tech skill I need. I've eliminated a lot of my bad habits. I just need to learn how to shut down all opponents.
Dante...Fear the DK on FD...it's coming for ya
:laugh:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How about you play me using Jigglypuff and I will play you using Sheik and Peach so that we can get more experience with different match ups. :)

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
tight :] i met someone at one of dunskie's smash fests... Rich? i know his name started with an "R" he said he played smash 64 then moved onto melee. ARE YOU HERE? because i'm down to play some more once i get my *** up there

Stev

Smash Ace
tight :] i met someone at one of dunskie's smash fests... Rich? i know his name started with an "R" he said he played smash 64 then moved onto melee. ARE YOU HERE? because i'm down to play some more once i get my *** up there
His name's Ross. his name on smashboards is ismokeherbz. He's here, just PM him. He'll **** you at 64 tho, just to warn you.

@stev: from what I've heard, it'll probably be April 17th.
Hmm... can't really make a call on that till next quarter...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Steve, if you talk to the guys up at poly(all 4 of them >_>) tell them that I am now ridiculously poor due to around $45K in medical bills combined with my normal bills so I cant really drive to SLO much unless I have a legitimately good reason. So, if anyone wanted to smash, apologies, I cant.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I was planning on going. Need to improve my utterly terribly Falcon. Where and when is it by the way? I've been wanting to go since it started, but I keep getting messed up by work?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I was planning on going. Need to improve my utterly terribly Falcon. Where and when is it by the way? I've been wanting to go since it started, but I keep getting messed up by work?
6:30 PM Saturdays Building 387 Room 104 on UCSB campus. :)

EDIT: This is strange. It says "a a f i f c" on everyone's post except for when you edit your post like I am doing right now. This is probably like a glitch or something. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yeah I pretty much always go. I just wanna make sure at least one other decent player goes as well so I have someone to play with. rematch time, Huy. ;]

let's work on our bad matchups against each other.

Stev

Smash Ace
Steve, if you talk to the guys up at poly(all 4 of them >_>) tell them that I am now ridiculously poor due to around $45K in medical bills combined with my normal bills so I cant really drive to SLO much unless I have a legitimately good reason. So, if anyone wanted to smash, apologies, I cant.
Wow, that just sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Kinda wish there was more than just 4 of us... We keep getting like one timers, but that's it really.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
yeah I pretty much always go. I just wanna make sure at least one other decent player goes as well so I have someone to play with. rematch time, Huy. ;]

let's work on our bad matchups against each other.
So does "decent" mean Huy, Josh, Joe, Jeff or does it mean just someone who plays competitively? LOL. Yeah, sure. Let's rematch and work on our bad match ups against one another. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Mini smash fest at my place #2

In light of smash club ending for the rest of the quarter, and having gotten spoken permission from my mom to do so, I am putting out an open invitation to anyone who wants to accept:

Come smash at my place this saturday. Anyone is welcome to come. I'd say come around 1 pm. I won't be providing lunch, but I intend to grill some burgers for dinner, so look forward to that. :lick:

bring a cube if you want, since I have two tvs, but only one system. If more than 6 people show up, we'll probably need 2 setups, otherwise, 1 should do.

my address is 621 parra grande lane.

here it is on google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...ande+Ln,+Santa+Barbara,+California+93108&z=16

oh yeah, and if you can, BYOC (bring your own controller for the noobs). I only have 2 controllers. don't rely on others unless you absolutely have to!

DanteFox

Smash Champion
from ucsb take the 24 x to get downtown transit center in around 15 minutes. from there take the 14 and get off at around "our lady of mount carmel" catholic church. or you could get off in coast village road and I could get my mom to pick you up maybe, though she won't be around all day. I'd say getting off at the catholic church is the safest bet, since you can walk from there to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom