• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
idk. this tourney is melee. ask the leaders of the club. they're a separate entity from the sb melee crew.

edit: just to clarify, the so called "smash club" supplies 3 setups of barlw. I bring a melee setup each week and play with my crew/ whoever else wants to play.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does the tourney mean there's no club this week?
I asked Anthony and he said "yes." Are you coming to the tournament (so I can add your name to the list)? I anticipate that most people who participate in the tournament will stay there with the LAN party all the way up to midnight.

Dante, I have decided to give up the opportunity to earn a venue fee waiver. If someone wants to qualify for the fee waiver for advertising, then they can do it. :)

EDIT: Does anyone plan on going to the Oxnard Tournament? I need a ride. :)

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I won't be going to the tournament since I have work until 2:00. But I'll definitely be attending the LAN party right afterwards. Hopefully there'll be plenty of setups for friendlies.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Friday sounds good because that's the rookie sophmore game for all star weekend which us not that great lol. But for the smashclub what I don't get is the 3 tvs are provided by the club right?then why are only the brawl ppl using them? I mean its kind of wack that they can't bring setups and melee ppl do.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Friday sounds good because that's the rookie sophmore game for all star weekend which us not that great lol. But for the smashclub what I don't get is the 3 tvs are provided by the club right?then why are only the brawl ppl using them? I mean its kind of wack that they can't bring setups and melee ppl do.
yeah, but to be fair, there are a lot more brawl players at the club. we've only ever needed two tvs max. and I always bring one, which has been plenty since lol.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I agree cho. Unfortunately, the sad fact of the smash community, both melee and brawl, is that about 70% of them are freeloaders who depend on people like you and I to bring setups for them to enjoy. But don't lose heart. I just do it for the community. even if I'm the only one who shows up like last smash club lol.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I agree cho. Unfortunately, the sad fact of the smash community, both melee and brawl, is that about 70% of them are freeloaders who depend on people like you and I to bring setups for them to enjoy. But don't lose heart. I just do it for the community. even if I'm the only one who shows up like last smash club lol.
I think you should tell Anthony to make a rule saying that Smash Club membership fee is waived if you bring a set up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom