• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
If someone can host ill bring a set up for sure.

I dont know if I can host i dont think so, it depends on what my roommates are doing.

javitr91

Smash Rookie
I'm at cal poly too, in pcv. I've got a console with 3 good controllers and a decent sized CRT. Let me know if there's anything on campus planned

Stev

Smash Ace
I'm at cal poly too, in pcv. I've got a console with 3 good controllers and a decent sized CRT. Let me know if there's anything on campus planned
You play melee or brawl? We've been looking for more melee-ers. Sheen lives in PCV too. I'm near campus and Gishnack's near campus (the other side) and Ross is behind the Carls Jr.

javitr91

Smash Rookie
Yeah I play melee, and I'm in building E of pcv. I don't know if sheen checks this thread a lot, but I'd be down to meet and play with him. Let me know if there's anything nearby in the coming weekends.

Stev

Smash Ace
Yeah I play melee, and I'm in building E of pcv. I don't know if sheen checks this thread a lot, but I'd be down to meet and play with him. Let me know if there's anything nearby in the coming weekends.
We also smash throughout the week and on weekends just around here. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. We'd love to have another person join in.

D

Deleted member

I don't think SCSA 5 will come close to being as horrifying as SCSA 4

DanteFox

Smash Champion
the venue was old and kind of cramped

about an hour or so into the tournament, the power goes out. i guess the venue couldn't handle all those setups.

we wander around irvine for multiple hours while they try to fix the power.

there was one bathroom that required a key. the toilet eventually got clogged and I had to pretend to be mario and unclog it.

basically: lots of waiting and an unbelievably cruddy venue. the only thing that saved it was that I got to play friendlies against m2k. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
the venue was old and kind of cramped

about an hour or so into the tournament, the power goes out. i guess the venue couldn't handle all those setups.

we wander around irvine for multiple hours while they try to fix the power.

there was one bathroom that required a key. the toilet eventually got clogged and I had to pretend to be mario and unclog it.

basically: lots of waiting and an unbelievably cruddy venue. the only thing that saved it was that I got to play friendlies against m2k. :)
Thanks for explaining Dante. Well hopefully that doesn't happen in a tournament that we enter in the future. This time I remembered to bring my GC controller. I hope to play Melee soon.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
ok so that I don't have to email everyone I'll just post what I received here:

Hi everyone,
Smash Bros. Club is now official and we are scheduled to have our first meeting this Saturday, January 16th, at 6:30PM in building 387, Room 104. We will have three TV's, consoles, plenty of controllers and food. We invite you to join us for some SMASH.

This is the beginning of something awesome. Please tell your friends about Smash Bros. Club!

-David Chao, John Zobac, and Anthony Hearst
(Smash Bros. Club Co-Presidents)
this is at ucsb btw.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm coming to this and bringing my own fully-functioned controller for sure. Dante, will you have time at the smashfest to fix my other GC controller? The down C-stick does not work. :( I still have a fully functioned controller though in case you are unable to fix my GC controller at this time. Thanks. :)

I just like to have a spare back up controller in case something goes wrong. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'm coming to this and bringing my own fully-functioned controller for sure. Dante, will you have time at the smashfest to fix my other GC controller? The down C-stick does not work. :( I still have a fully functioned controller though in case you are unable to fix my GC controller at this time. Thanks. :)

I just like to have a spare back up controller in case something goes wrong. :)
maybe. worst case scenario, I'll take it home and work on it there.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
maybe. worst case scenario, I'll take it home and work on it there.
Okay, I will just bring it and see what happens in terms of time constraints between playing Melee and you fixing the controller for me. If it is too time consuming to be fixed at the Melee event, then you may take the controller to your house to fix it.

Thank you very much, Dante. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I will be sure to tell Andrej about this if I see him in Ch E 110A. DrAwesome (David) has not posted on Smash Boards yet so I will be sure to text him on Saturday afternoon if I don't see him on Smash Boards between now and Saturday 6:00 PM.

mio

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how I can get in contact with the David that lives in SB but goes to UCLA? Plays trumpet, has a gf, etc. I know he's around campus somewhere but I can't find him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom