• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
so I ran into Carlos today. turns out the next lan party is on the 6th of February. He said I could host a tournament there, I just have to let him know. I think I'm gonna do it. :)
Does anyone have a laptop I could borrow to run this tournament? I would need a computer to run tio on.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Well just thought I'd check up my good ol santa barbara kids...

Hope you guys are improving. Uknown Presence tells me SLO has better people...Dante you can't let that stand.

so I ran into Carlos today. turns out the next lan party is on the 6th of February. He said I could host a tournament there, I just have to let him know. I think I'm gonna do it. :)
Does anyone have a laptop I could borrow to run this tournament? I would need a computer to run tio on.
You can do what I did: Use Carlos's laptop...assuming he hasn't fried it by now and the hard drive still works.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Well just thought I'd check up my good ol santa barbara kids...

Hope you guys are improving. Uknown Presence tells me SLO has better people...Dante you can't let that stand.
yeah he's right. but starting from today, I will take a step to correct that. The next time I play with my crew, I'll be giving tips to improve and pointing out bad habits that I notice. Hopefully this will aid in our growth as players. and feel free to give me tips as well!

You can do what I did: Use Carlos's laptop...assuming he hasn't fried it by now and the hard drive still works.
I think this is what I will do.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
yeah he's right. but starting from today, I will take a step to correct that. The next time I play with my crew, I'll be giving tips to improve and pointing out bad habits that I notice. Hopefully this will aid in our growth as players. and feel free to give me tips as well!
glad to hear. whenever I'm around I guess I can give my two cents. pm me I guess since checking smashboards is all that remains of my former life as a gamer (and I never see you on AIM). Also you should consider talking to davidfalco. he seemed knowledgeable.

next time you see Carlos tell him I said: "MR. HAAAAHHHNNNNNN"
...he'll know what it means

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Thanks, Dante.

Also, some of the chemical engineering majors have 3 midterms the week after the LAN Party but on their syllabi, it says that the dates are only tentative, so if I am lucky, I can get some of my professors to move the midterm dates so I can actually compete in this Melee tournament at the LAN Party.

I think only Andrej and I are affected by the 3 midterms after the LAN Party problem.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
This is probably my worthless attempt at trying to find time to participate in the LAN Party, but is there any chance the LAN Party can be moved to the President's Day weekend or is the date for the LAN Party already set?

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Melee of course.

Haven't adjusted to Brawl yet even though I've played it a ton. Still prefer melee to brawl by a lot.
Well there are only really 4 people that play melee consistently in SLO:

Me
$heen (Nutshack)
Stev
Ross

we get together, sometimes just 2 of us, sometimes all 4 of us. I can give you a call next time something is happening that I'm involved in. PM me your phone number?

Or PM these other people. Ross's name on smashboards is ismokeherbz.

Also, where do you live?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
In case anyone at UCSB didn't get the email message from the UCSB Smash Club,

Hey guys,
SMASH BROS. CLUB meets again this Saturday at the same time and location (building 387, room 104) and we hope you guys join us! We'll have some good food, play tons of smash and it will be awesome (by the way, the IV food Co-op is sponsoring us!).

Also, we basically want to ask whoever brought tv's and consoles last time if they could do it again this week. We will supply at least 3 tv's and consoles on our own, but having 5 tv's and consoles total was pretty sweet. Let us know if you can help us out again.

-David:[ Anthony:/ and John:0!!!

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I don't know how to explain it, but Sheen's cool points have been rising at an alarming rate in the last month or so. Or maybe it just took me this long to realize.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Why yes Huy, (metalreflectslime) I will be there this week. I dont know about bringing a set up though. I could bring a cube with melee but probably not a TV.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
w/e man. it's you choice. do what you gotta do. you know your priorities. although I gotta say, why put off studying until the evening? why not do it in the morning/afternoon, then enjoy smash club as a break from studying? after smash club you can get back to it. that's just what I would do, though.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Andrej's midterm is on Monday and mine is on Friday. I self-studied up to chapter 17 over Winter Break and the midterm only goes up to chapter 15 so I am good. I just want to make sure I am perfectly ready.

Dante, will you bring my controller that you fixed for me with you to the Smash Club?

I will probably stop by at 7 to see if you have my controller that you fixed for me with you.

Thanks. :)

*Back to studying.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom