• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
It should be done at UCSB. At CC, we are only allowed to play on consoles in the gameroom from 11:00am to 1:00pm. We could go to some random place on campus with a TV and a gamecube, but I think it's more convenient to just play at UCSB or someone's house.

Huy, remember that my house is in Santa Ynez VALLEY. This is 45 minutes north from Goleta. It would be a hassle to ride a bus to/from my house. If we ever end up playing at my house, you will need to get a ride from someone else, or work out a time with me for me to take you to/from my house.

But, ye, let's do UCSB sometime over that weekend: April 3rd and/or April 4th. Sound good with ya'll? I can bring a TV, gamecube, memory card, disk, and my own controller.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
So, besides Saturday/Sunday, April 3rd/4th, it'd be nice to get some smash in during the week March 29th - April 2nd.

I know Dante isn't interested (hopefully because he'll be studying-.-), but Huy? You want to play? Do you know anyone else that may want to play? It'll be spring break for SBCC, so I should be able to get at least 1 person (possibly Bryant) to play. I will talk to someone from administration at SBCC and see if it's possible to get some games going in the library or game club over spring break.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Whatever works better for us at that time. If we can find a place in SB, great. If not, we'll head over to my place.

What time on Friday do you think you'll be able to play? Would you be able to spend the night?

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Huy,

That's another downside of playing at my house. I live at my parents' house. My brother and perhaps his friend will be there playing WoW. My sister and her girlfriend (yes. girlfriend. lesbian) will probably be there hanging out. My parents will be there and my girlfriend will be there. However, it is a pretty large house and we've always got extra beds. Perhaps what we can do is, if we cannot find a place in SB (which we probably could on a Friday night), then we can go to my house after work (5pm), get there at ~6:00pm, play until over9000am, then I can take you home on Saturday or something. Otherwise, if we do find a place to play in SB on Friday, we just play there :)

@Caleb,

Cool. So far I've only gotten 1 other person (Bryant) that said he's available during that week (March 29th - April 2), excluding Friday night of course. I may be able to get two additional people that go to SBCC to join us: Eric (Dantarion), and Nathan (Not sure he has an account here). Are there any other high school students you know that can play? Do you know of any place we can play? It would be so much easier if I just lived in SB!!!-.-

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
@Huy,

That's another downside of playing at my house. I live at my parents' house. My brother and perhaps his friend will be there playing WoW. My sister and her girlfriend (yes. girlfriend. lesbian) will probably be there hanging out. My parents will be there and my girlfriend will be there. However, it is a pretty large house and we've always got extra beds. Perhaps what we can do is, if we cannot find a place in SB (which we probably could on a Friday night), then we can go to my house after work (5pm), get there at ~6:00pm, play until over 9:000 am, then I can take you home on Saturday or something. Otherwise, if we do find a place to play in SB on Friday, we just play there :)

@Caleb,

Cool. So far I've only gotten 1 other person (Bryant) that said he's available during that week (March 29th - April 2), excluding Friday night of course. I may be able to get two additional people that go to SBCC to join us: Eric (Dantarion), and Nathan (Not sure he has an account here). Are there any other high school students you know that can play? Do you know of any place we can play? It would be so much easier if I just lived in SB!!!-.-
Wait so Dantarion plays Melee and Brawl or just Brawl? :confused: So should I bring a sleeping bag and a pillow or not? :confused: Will you be able to feed me for dinner? :confused: If not, then I will have to eat in the Dining Commons from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM and then go to your house. ;) I hope to play you soon, Matthew. :chuckle:

Also Caleb, were you at Dante's smashfest that one day where it was raining? If so, how many people came? :confused:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah the only other person that plays in high school is my samus friend who is prett good. And sorry I don't know of any place to play :/ my mom is not down to have at my place.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah the only other person that plays in high school is my samus friend who is pretty good. And sorry I don't know of any place to play :/ my mom is not down to have at my place.
Caleb, so will you and your friend be at Matthew's house also? Also Caleb, were you at Dante's smashfest that one day where it was raining? If so, how many people came? :confused:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Um if I can get a ride I can go sure. And I didn't go to dante's bc of the rain also so you should ask him if other ppl went. And my friend juan probably won't go if it's in Syenz

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Huy,

Dantarion plays mostly brawl, but he can school me at melee half the time. He likes playing it because he's not as good at it as he is with brawl, so he wants to improve.

If we end up going to my house, we will have all provisions available. Bed, food, beverages, if you drink, we can have beer, but NO DRUGS. I does not like drugz. The only thing you need to bring is your controller, and your game-face because my fox is ready to own some peach.

@Caleb, We'll figure something out. UCSB dorms and IV houses are probably our best bet in SB. I'll let you know if I find anywhere.

Btw, you guys have AIM or YIM? Also, if more people come to my house, then people will need to sleep on the floor-.-

AIM: expl0ition
YIM: tao_archon@yahoo.com

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Um if I can get a ride I can go sure. And I didn't go to dante's bc of the rain also so you should ask him if other ppl went. And my friend juan probably won't go if it's in Syenz
@Huy,

Dantarion plays mostly brawl, but he can school me at melee half the time. He likes playing it because he's not as good at it as he is with brawl, so he wants to improve.

If we end up going to my house, we will have all provisions available. Bed, food, beverages, if you drink, we can have beer, but NO DRUGS. I do not like drugs. The only thing you need to bring is your controller, and your game-face because my fox is ready to own some peach.

@Caleb, We'll figure something out. UCSB dorms and IV houses are probably our best bet in SB. I'll let you know if I find anywhere.

Btw, you guys have AIM or YIM? Also, if more people come to my house, then people will need to sleep on the floor-.-

AIM: expl0ition
YIM: tao_archon@yahoo.com
I added both of you on AIM a long time ago but I never see any of you on. :confused: Matthew, I just added you on Yahoo Instant Messenger just now. :) It is cool that Dantarion plays Melee too. :) I do not drink alcohol nor use drugs. :) Well you said that you have extra beds but like should I bring my own sleeping bag with a pillow or you have those too? :confused: Caleb, Dante told me that if I wanted to find out how many people were at his Smashfest, then I should have came. :chuckle:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well, it depends on how many people come. If only you come, then you can sleep on a bed. If more people come, we will need to have people sleep on:

1.) Comfy leather chair
2.) Comfy leather couch (seriously... better than a bed anyday)
3.) The floor

To be honest, it would be better to just sleep on that couch. It is the room that has the big TV and it is certainly more comfortable than the bed-.-

Anyway, I guess I should have been more clear:

We have MANY MANY pillows and blankets and sleeping bags. Even if ~7 people show up, we would have enough-.-

Btw, I believe it was you who added me on YIM, but I pressed Alt+F4 RIGHT when the window came up, so I lost the invite. Can you invite again?

EDIT: I also never go on AIM. I go on YIM because it notifies me when I have an email-.-

EDIT2: Just to be clear, the time that we play during spring break during the week would not be the same time that Huy and I are trying to set up. Huy and I are trying to set up something for that Friday night. Whether we play in SB or SY on that day has nothing to do with where we play on a different day.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Yes, indeed. Finding a place in SB is more convenient for any and all of us than going to my house. Also, I will be available after 5:00pm. No earlier.

Dante, is it possible for you to figure out if smash club could be available to us on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday? If not, can you tell me who is capable of determining this?

Also, are you able to join us Friday even for some smash?

Lastly, could you ask Cape or Josh if they are willing to hold a smashfest at their place friday, saturday, and/or Sunday? I don't feel comfortable asking them because I don't know them-.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom