• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB Creates: Universal Superstar Strike (Platform Fighter)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Woody Woodpecker Moveset Results

V Valentinuci 's moveset wins by default

Here's Woody's full moveset:

-Light Neutral: Does a quick peck forwards. If you hold the button, it turns into a rapid multi-hit attack.
-Light Up: Does a upwards kick.
-Light Down: Does a peck along the ground, like Banjo's down tilt.
-Light Dash Attack: Does a peck forwards while spins like a drill. Hits multiple times.
-Heavy Neutral: Duffy Dog (Woody's yellow dog) shows up and does a humongous bite forwards.
-Heavy Up: Woody gets a protection mask, then looks up and begins to spit fire. This move hits multiple times and can burn opponents.
-Heavy Down: Woody throws 2 dynamites, one on each side of him and once you let go of charging they will explode and damage nearby enemies.
-Heavy Dash Attack: Does a dropkick forwards.
-Light Nair: Does a spinning attack. Hits multiple times.
-Light Fair: Does a quick kick.
  • Light Uair: Takes a mallet and attacks upwards.
  • Light Dair: Does multiple quick kicks downwards, like Pac-Man's down air.
  • Heavy Nair: Does a strong aerial kick.
-Heavy Fair: Woody attacks forward with a flying broom.
- Heavy Uair: Woody gets a bat and hits above himself.
-Heavy Dair: Does a stomp downwards. Spikes.
  • Neutral Special: Throws a heavy ball forwards. Does heavy damage but doesn't go to far.
  • Side Special: Woody calls upon Sugarfoot( his horse) and dashes forward.
-Up Special: Flies upwards in high speeds. The direction can be aimed.
-Down Special: Creates an anvil out of thin air. The anvil acts like a wall and anyone that hits the anvil with a physical attack takes damage. The anvil disappears after a short time, or after bing hit enough times. If used in the air, the anvil quickly falls and hits anyone in its way.
- Universe Attack: Woody will trap the closest opponent on a barrel and send them down the Niagara Falls. Does absurd damage. It's a cinematic Universe Attack.
-Grab: Traps the opponent inside a barrel.
-Throw: Pokes the trapped opponent with a sword, resulting in the opponent launching himself out of pain.
-Woody has five jumps. He's a bird after all.
  • He's a lightweight and it's pretty fast both in the ground and in the air (Because he can fly).
  • Woody's signature item is his slingshot. It fires quick pebbles that can be aimed in any direction you want. After firing 13 pebbles, the slingshot disappears.
This only leaves Drac's. Again, I know some of y'all might not be interested in movesets atm, so so I'll probably leave those prompts up freely whenever for somebody to tackle em at the their own leisure.

Woody Woodpecker Stage Results

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario had our only submission in Woody's Tree, and as such, that's what we're going with
Woody's Tree

Red represents an indestructable soft platform, black represents an indestructable hard platforn, purple represents a destructable soft platform, yellow represents a destructable hard platform, and translucent blue represents an area of the stage covered up by the outside of the tree.
View attachment 360631

Universal Monsters Stage Voting

On the other hand, we got quite a bit of submissions for the Universal Monsters stage

Dracula's Castle Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Castle Dracula AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Llanwelly Woods Wademan94 Wademan94
Frankenstein's Lab @Darkonedagger

Vote for your top two here. You own prompt can only be ranked last.

My votes
1. Castle Dracula (Altered Beast)
2. Frankenstein's Lab

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Castle Dracula (Altered Beast)
2. Frankenstein's Lab

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Universal Monsters StageResults

Dracula's Castle Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 1
Castle Dracula AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 11
Llanwelly Woods Wademan94 Wademan94 1
Frankenstein's Lab @Darkonedagger 5

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Castle Dracula wil be our Universal Monsters Stage!
Job 10:

Castle Dracula

hqdefault.jpg

This would be the Town and City of the game. The layout changes from when you go from outside of the castle to the inside of the castle like the Town and City stage. I believe Dracula should have a competitively legal stage because of its iconic status in pop culture.
next prompts fairly shortly, we'll get off of Woody and Drac related stuff soon, I promise. Just a couple more things

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 11 Submit a tracklist for Woody's Tree
Aighty, music, time. Submit a tracklist featuring tracks related to the Woody Woodpecker franchise. Feel free to use stuff from the shorts, tv shows, video games, etc. There's admittedly probably not a lot to go off of, so I'd say at least 7 tracks, maximum of 12 Please label where the songs are from, and links if available would be appreciated.

Job 12 Submit a tracklist for Castle Dracula
Same dealio. Though admittedly I think there's a lot more to go off of here, so I say at least 10 tracks for this one, maximum of 15.

Another sidenote for mostly future tracklist prompts, given the pipedream nature of this game, I'm gonna allow legit licenced songs, but please try and restrain yourself a bit, it must be heavily associated to the franchise in question, and try to use it sorta sparingly unless it's considered essential to the series.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 11:
The Woody Woodpecker Song
Everybody Thinks I'm Crazy
Troublemaker
Surfing Bird
Want the Woodpecker Back
Woody's New Home
A Highly Territorial Bird
Poachers Lodge
Forfot to mention this, but labeling where the songs are from would be appreciated, along with linking the songs if possible.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , are you not gonna bother anymore? It's fine if you're not. Just making sure, haha

No submissions for now it seems. No matter I'll keep the prompts up for now for latter when y'all wanna handle it.

AND NOW... IT'S TIME FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...

Surprise! I normally wouldn't get into the next characters so soon, but we've got 40 slots to fill, and I'm well behind my intial schedule, so let's get two more out of the way rn before going into other more general prompts.

Job 13 Submit an iconic Universal owned character from the 20th century
Not to be confused with a character from 20th Century Studios. Please submit a character from universal that debuted from the 1900s century, all the way up to 1999. it doesn't matter if they're from a film or a show, or if they're live action or animated, just that the character should be generally well known and should be a big draw towards marketing the game

Job 14 Submit an iconic Universal owned character from the 21st century
With that, 3 of our characters will have come from the 1900s. Let's get a more modern pick in here. Submit a character from 2000 - present Again, doesn't matter the medium, as long as they're realitivley well known, and would be a big draw towards marketing this game. one thing regarding this prompt in particular is that even if the franchise is from the 20th century, as long as they debuted this century (eg. Somebody from Jurassic World), then it qualifies for this prompt. If by rare chance two characters from the same franchise recive the most votes on both prompts here, then we'll simply choose the most voted of the two, then give then give the runner-up of the other category that slot.

Be sure to give a brief description on the characters themselves, why they deserve to be included, and potentially what they could bring to the table

Also, it should probably go without saying, but characters from the Universal Classic Monsters and Woody Woodpecker are disqualified for these prompts. We'll open things to potential second reps later, but I wanna make sure we have some franchise variety at the start

Also try to keep in mind our currently confirmed characters when nominating. The order in which we add characters will also be our reveal order, so try not to tread on too similar ground as Woody or Drac with these picks.

Admittedly, these were the character prompts I probably should've started with. Don't think the Universal Monsters were the most fun thing to start off with, so hopefully this'll make up for it a bit. Again, this is still a bit of a learning process for me, lol.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 13

Littlefoot (The Land Before Time)

deo75g4-0ff74f04-9eaa-4ead-973c-d800a2e07900.png

The Land Before Time is an American animated film series and media franchise distributed by Universal Pictures. The series started in 1988 and continued with 13 direct-to-video sequels (none of which involved Steven Spielberg who directed the original film), a TV series, video games, soundtracks, and lots of merchandise. Therefore, to represent Universal's extended animated library, we should a Land Before Time representative in the form of Littlefoot. He would be a quadrupedal character with a prehistoric-based moveset and have his friends involved with the fighting. I still have to think of an item for him but he seems like a super unique choice.

Job 14

Stuart, Kevin and Bob (Despicable Me/Minions)

Minions_characters.png

A no-brainer for this game. Representing Illumination's most famous IP and the mascots of Illumination are the three minions from Minions themselves. Despicable Me is a huge franchise and I feel it is better to represent the franchise with the minions than Gru. They can be a Pokémon Trainer-style character with tons of villain based tools and what not. Their item would probably be a banana or something like that. A really good choice to represent the 2010s of Universal Pictures.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 13 Marty McFly (Back to the Future)
Michael_J._Fox_as_Marty_McFly_in_Back_to_the_Future,_1985.jpg

The star of one of the most iconic films of the 80s and one of Universal's most iconic characters, Marty kinda seems like a fairly big no-brainers here.

Marty could bring quite a bit to the battlefield , including his guitar, a hoverboard, and maybe a ride in the DeLeroean for his universe Attack or something (assuming we don't end saving that for Doc Brown or whatever, haha). And hey, if we're really gutsy I think some sort of time based mechanic could be really fun, too.

Job 14 Shrek (Shrek)
Shrek_(character).png

DreamWorks became a part of the Universal library back in 2016, and bringing with em a vast library of characters, with probably their biggest face being Shrek. His films ruled the box office back in the 2000's and has become a cultural milestone since then, with the first film even being inducted into the National Film Registry a couple years ago. I'd argue he's one of the biggest no-duhs of this game.

I envision Shrek as a bit of a standard grappler archetype with a big emphasis on grabs and heavier attacks. Of course he wouldn't be Shrek without some roars, and farts added in for good measure. And if we really need some inspiration we could always look at Shrek Superslam

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 13: Casper the Friendly Ghost
Would represent Harvey Comics. He would be a support character.
Job 14: Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Would represent Dreamworks. He would be a brawler or tank character.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 13: The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Job 14: Po (Kung Fu Panda)
1st off, a proper description on the characters and what they could bring to the tablewould go a long way

And 2, The Doctor isn't Universal-owned (and not even really heavily associated with it from what I can tell) and thus won't be eligible for this prompt

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

_124676804_h3ec47.jpg

ET
An iconic film character. Sure, ET isn't much of a fighter. But I genuinely think he's too important to Universal to be left out. He'll use his finger, ride the bike, use a phone and recices pecies. It's been a while since I've seen the film but I'm sure there's other stuff he can do. Plus the alt costume potential is epic.

Dominic Toretto (Fast and the Furious)
Some kind of Fast and the Furious rep feels like a must have for this game. Its an extremely high grossing film series, and a staple of universal parks. Dom would be make use of his charger car, being almost a summoner. He would also have plenty of the high octane action and l stunts the series is known for.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
"A Universal platform fighter creation thread, huh? My wife told me these creation thread things are all the craze on this Smashboards site. Somethin' about a bunch of strangers getting together and throwing out ideas for imaginary video games. So you know me, I had to look into it myself because I find those sorts a' things fascinating. And whatd'ya know, I stumble across a thread that yours truly is eligible for. Now don't get me wrong, I'm the sorta guy who prefers to solve conflicts with words instead of fisticuffs, but a chance to stand toe to toe with some of the big faces of Universal? Now that's a once in a lifetime opportunity I can't pass up."

columbo-main-NEW.jpeg

Job #13: Lieutenant Columbo

Columbo is the titular protagonist of NBC's seminal long-running detective show of the same name. While he might seem like a bumbling idiot who goes off on unrelated tangents, he always catches his perp by smooth-talking and pestering them into spilling out the truth. Columbo is noteworthy for popularizing the "howcatchem" format, where the audience already knows who committed the crime at the start of the episode and most of the tension comes from figuring out how Columbo's gonna catch them. If you've ever played an Ace Attorney game, you're probably already familiar with this structure even if you haven't heard of Columbo. It also helps that Columbo has seen quite a resurgence in meme culture as of late, introducing a whole new generation to the funny detective man.

So we've established that Columbo is popular and cool and influential, but what about his moveset? He's just a normal homicide detective and the series isn't super focused on the action, so we wouldn't have a lot to work with, would we? That's where you're wrong, because if Phoenix Wright in MvC3 and Velma in Multiversus have taught us anything, it's that detective-based movesets in fighting games can be a lot of fun. I can imagine Columbo's playstyle reflecting his detective skills in the show - an extremely unpredictable fighter who puts a ton of pressure on his opponents, causing them to slip up and make mistakes. He'd be someone who plays a lot of mind games with the opponent and requires the player to have a close read on their adversary.

Oh, and just one more thing. It's just be funny to have Columbo in this game. Who wouldn't wanna see the goofy detective man try to talk Dracula's ear off until he confesses to murder?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 13

Rexy (Jurassic Park)

Rexy is the main T-rex we see throughout Jurassic Park and Jurassic World

Rexy is iconic due to her appearing in one of the most famous movies of all time and as for a moveset, she is a T-rex

Job 14

Scott Pilgrim (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World)

Scott Pilgrim is the protagonist of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Scott is an average dude who basically has video game powers and is an all around ****ty guy. In terms of a moveset well, there is already a brawler we can draw from not to mention other references to the Graphic Novels and Movie.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 13:Ash Williams (Evil Dead)

Ash is the protagonist from Evil Dead. i don't know a lot about Evil Dead,so i'm gonna skip to the end of character background. Ash is a famous non-monster horror character,and some his attacks would be his chainsaw,his shotgun and the necronomicon.

Job 14:Hellboy

Hellboy is the protagonist from a movie duology and the two movies are adaptations, he is a half-demon and his real name is Amung Un Rama and he was summoned from hell to earth. Hellboy is been in Injustice 2,but Injustice 2 is a 1-VS-1 fighting game,not a platform game,so he probably joins on Universal Superstar Strike.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 13: Felix the Cat
Felix the Cat | Disney Fanon Wiki | Fandom

Perhaps the first cartoon mascot in history. Created all way back in 1919, Felix became one of most recognized cartoon characters in film history and paved the way for animation to become the biggest cultural impact in America even today. Inspiring even bigger cartoon stars like Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse. Felix has his own share of cartoons, tv shows, and even a movie. One of his iconic items he could use in his moveset would be his Magical Bag of Tricks which allow for him to bring out some creative tools for this battle.

The rights of the character ended up in Universal Studios when they brought Dreamworks. So he's a good candicate for this job.

Job 14: Good Janet (The Good Place)
Janet | The Good Place Wiki | Fandom

Janet from the Good Place is a walking talking user interface for the Good Place aka an Afterlife neighborhood. Providing residents with information about the afterlife and accepting their various requests by spawning nearly countless objects, animals, etc within just mere seconds. This ablilty allows her to have a moveset that allows her to summon out all sorts of items she could damage the other fighters with.

Also, she isn't a pushover as she once beat up a Demon Boss whom other demons fear. Bad Janet could be a alt costume for her as well.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1st off, a proper description on the characters and what they could bring to the table would go a long way

And 2, The Doctor isn't Universal-owned (and not even really heavily associated with it from what I can tell) and thus won't be eligible for this prompt
But there were talks of Amblin buying Doctor who during the wilderness years so I see the confusion

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 13: Shrieker (Tremors)

If Rexy and Bruce will be suggested it is only reasonable to have the monsters from Tremors as an option. Though the name monsters in Tremors are the Graboids, I decided maybe they were too OP, so I suggested the Shrieker instead which could be one of the fastest fighters in-game

I wont submit anything for Job 14 because the options look too good

Just kidding

YOUJUSTGOTVECTORED!!!

Job 14: Vector

Would use his machinery in his attacks

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 13: Abbot and Costello

Perhaps one of the most iconic comedy duos, Abbot and Costello would perform attacks based on the comedy skits that they do

I wont submit anything for Job 14 because the options look too good

Just kidding

YOUJUSTGOTVECTORED!!!

Job 14: Vector

Would use his machinery in his attacks
I do not think Abbott and Costello are eligible for the job since I think they are a part of Universal Monsters if I recall correctly.

D

Deleted member

I do not think Abbott and Costello are eligible for the job since I think they are a part of Universal Monsters if I recall correctly.
About and Costello where a comedy duo who just sometimes crossed over with the monsters. They where their own thing.

They where real people though so that's proablly it's own issue.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 13:Ash Williams (Evil Dead)

Ash is the protagonist from Evil Dead. i don't know a lot about Evil Dead,so i'm gonna skip to the end of character background. Ash is a famous non-monster horror character,and some his attacks would be his chainsaw,his shotgun and the necronomicon.

Job 14:Hellboy

Hellboy is the protagonist from a movie duology and the two movies are adaptations, he is a half-demon and his real name is Amung Un Rama and he was summoned from hell to earth. Hellboy is been in Injustice 2,but Injustice 2 is a 1-VS-1 fighting game,not a platform game,so he probably joins on Universal Superstar Strike.
One thing I should've probably mentioned is that when I mean Universal owned, I mean franchises that Universal still has a notable stake in in one way or the other. Characters like Ash Williams and Hellboy are admittedly pushing things just a bit given Universal was only involved in like a single film in those series each and haven't really been involved since (Though admittedly Army of Darkmes has it's own weird funky rights outside of Evil Dead itself so I guess Ash could potentially still be valid? Idk).

Job 13: Abbot and Costello

Perhaps one of the most iconic comedy duos, Abbot and Costello would perform attacks based on the comedy skits that they do
I'm not sure about Abbott and Costello either. Them being just the actors muddies things a bit. Remember they usually had actual individual roles they played and not always just themselves.

Idk I'm gonna give myself some time to think if I'm gonna allow picks like those mentioned above, but I'd love to see some of y'all's thoughts on this. I'm trying to be as open minded as possible with this thread, so your opinions are appreciated.

Anywho, don't be surprised if I keep these current prompts up for another day or two. This is a pretty juicy set of prompts so I'm making sure as many people as possible have time to submit stuff

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Job 14

"Jesus Christ, that's Jason Bourne!"

Bourne_Sniper-713x303.png

Jason Bourne (real name: David Webb) is the main protagonist of the Bourne series of films, based on the novels by Robert Ludlum. A former CIA assassin of the top-secret black ops program Operation Treadstone, he is a masterful tactician, and excels in both martial arts and marksmanship.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , are you not gonna bother anymore? It's fine if you're not. Just making sure, haha

No submissions for now it seems. No matter I'll keep the prompts up for now for latter when y'all wanna handle it.

AND NOW... IT'S TIME FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...

Surprise! I normally wouldn't get into the next characters so soon, but we've got 40 slots to fill, and I'm well behind my intial schedule, so let's get two more out of the way rn before going into other more general prompts.

Job 13 Submit an iconic Universal owned character from the 20th century
Not to be confused with a character from 20th Century Studios. Please submit a character from universal that debuted from the 1900s century, all the way up to 1999. it doesn't matter if they're from a film or a show, or if they're live action or animated, just that the character should be generally well known and should be a big draw towards marketing the game

Job 14 Submit an iconic Universal owned character from the 21st century
With that, 3 of our characters will have come from the 1900s. Let's get a more modern pick in here. Submit a character from 2000 - present Again, doesn't matter the medium, as long as they're realitivley well known, and would be a big draw towards marketing this game. one thing regarding this prompt in particular is that even if the franchise is from the 20th century, as long as they debuted this century (eg. Somebody from Jurassic World), then it qualifies for this prompt. If by rare chance two characters from the same franchise recive the most votes on both prompts here, then we'll simply choose the most voted of the two, then give then give the runner-up of the other category that slot.

Be sure to give a brief description on the characters themselves, why they deserve to be included, and potentially what they could bring to the table

Also, it should probably go without saying, but characters from the Universal Classic Monsters and Woody Woodpecker are disqualified for these prompts. We'll open things to potential second reps later, but I wanna make sure we have some franchise variety at the start

Also try to keep in mind our currently confirmed characters when nominating. The order in which we add characters will also be our reveal order, so try not to tread on too similar ground as Woody or Drac with these picks.

Admittedly, these were the character prompts I probably should've started with. Don't think the Universal Monsters were the most fun thing to start off with, so hopefully this'll make up for it a bit. Again, this is still a bit of a learning process for me, lol.
Job #13:
Character Name: Bruce
Character Origin: Jaws (1975)

An iconic character in his own right, and a representative of one of the most beloved films of all time, I think Bruce would be such a no-brainer inclusion - if a very odd one. Whilst some might say someone like Brody or Quint would be a better pick, I think Bruce would be brilliant to see - a powerhouse of a character that could move around by "creating" water as required, a little like how Ruto works in Hyrule Warriors. The concept of playing as a shark is just such a fun idea in my mind, and feels like a really cool "weird" pick whilst still being incredibly obvious.

Job #14:
Character Name: The Once-Ler.
Character Origin: The Lorax (2012)

It's perhaps an... inspired choice of mine, to represent Dr. Seuss's works in a roster like this with not even the titular character from the 2012 movie The Lorax, but I do genuinely think that the Once-Ler would be an interesting and inspired character to include - and would act as an interesting precedent to allow us to include non-typical characters from some media as opposed to just going with more typical choices. Not only this, but if you've ever heard whisperings of Tumblr from 2012 to 2015, you'll know that this corrupted capitalist is quite the popular character overall. Not only this, but he's an interesting villain to include - and is significantly more popular than the movie's main villain, Aloysius O'Hare.

In terms of his moveset, I'd like to base his feel and look mostly on his more villainous persona in the second half of the film. Whilst he could potentially use his guitar for some attacks, he could also utilise the incredibly versatile Thneed as required - and his axe, too. Overall, his moveset would be focused on his eccentric and powerful personality - I'd want him to really capture the feeling of a flamboyant and greed-fuelled industrialist, and I think it'd give him a very unique vibe compared to nearly anyone else in the roster. Oh, and side-note - I think his earlier appearance would be a solid alternative costume.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

It's perhaps an... inspired choice of mine, to represent Dr. Seuss's works in a roster like this with not even the titular character from the 2012 movie The Lorax, but I do genuinely think that the Once-Ler would be an interesting and inspired character to include - and would act as an interesting precedent to allow us to include non-typical characters from some media as opposed to just going with more typical choices. Not only this, but if you've ever heard whisperings of Tumblr from 2012 to 2015, you'll know that this corrupted capitalist is quite the popular character overall. Not only this, but he's an interesting villain to include - and is significantly more popular than the movie's main villain, Aloysius O'Hare.

In terms of his moveset, I'd like to base his feel and look mostly on his more villainous persona in the second half of the film. Whilst he could potentially use his guitar for some attacks, he could also utilise the incredibly versatile Thneed as required - and his axe, too. Overall, his moveset would be focused on his eccentric and powerful personality - I'd want him to really capture the feeling of a flamboyant and greed-fuelled industrialist, and I think it'd give him a very unique vibe compared to nearly anyone else in the roster. Oh, and side-note - I think his earlier appearance would be a solid alternative costume.
This is admittedly a weird grey ground. Universal technically no longer has the film rights to the Seuss films, with WB set to take over with a Cat in the Hat of theirs in the works. Though then again, they still have a stake in Seuss thanks to the parks...

Eh, screw it, I don't even know anymore. These submissions has officially broken me lol. A lot of these submissions are gonna be crazy subjective in terms of the viability of em.

I'm low-key considering an assistant executive team like what the infinite thread had albiet on a bit smaller scale, to help me make decisions on stuff like this, cuz admittedly, I'm not that good at making clear cut choices here lol.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll replace Abbot and Costello with someone else. Does Pete Hooten's Doctor Strange count?
Think I'm gonna reject th for now. Marvel doesn't seem that plausible given.... yeah

Sure, they have Marvel in the Orlando parks, but that was before the Disney acquisition

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job #13:
Character Name: Bruce
Character Origin: Jaws (1975)

An iconic character in his own right, and a representative of one of the most beloved films of all time, I think Bruce would be such a no-brainer inclusion - if a very odd one. Whilst some might say someone like Brody or Quint would be a better pick, I think Bruce would be brilliant to see - a powerhouse of a character that could move around by "creating" water as required, a little like how Ruto works in Hyrule Warriors. The concept of playing as a shark is just such a fun idea in my mind, and feels like a really cool "weird" pick whilst still being incredibly obvious.

Job #14:
Character Name: The Once-Ler.
Character Origin: The Lorax (2012)

The Lorax book came out in the 20th century, so it doesn't count here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aighty, let's get to voting!

There's admittedly a couple characters that are sorta kinda stretching my intended qualifications a bit, but I'll let it slide for now. I admitedly wasn't that specific on the qualifications and I'll try to do better with that in the future.

A very good list overall though. I'm sure we'll see a lot of these faces later on. Anywho, here are our nomineess

20th Century Characters
Littlefoot (The Land Before Time) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Marty McFly (Back to the Future) Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku )
Casper (Casper The Friendly Ghost Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
ET (ET: The Extraterrestrial) @Darkonedagger
Lieutenant Columbo (Columbo) OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Rexy (Jurassic Park) cashregister9 cashregister9
Ash Williams (Evil Dead) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Felix the Cat (Felix the Cat) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Shrieker (Tremors) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Bruce (Jaws) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

21st Century Characters
Stuart, Kevin, and Bob (Despicable Me/Minions) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Shrek (Shrek) Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku )
Po (Kung Fu Panda) Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Dominic Toretto (Fast and the Furious)@Darkonedagger
Scott Pilgrim (Scott Pilgrim) cashregister9 cashregister9
Hellboy (Hellboy) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Good Janet (The Good Place) Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Vector (Despicable Me) Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Jason Bourne (Bourne) Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
Onceler (The Lorax) KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Try to keepin mind our currently confirmed characters of Woody Woodpecker and Dracula when voting. The order in which we add characters will also be our reveal order.

Vote for your top 3. As per usual your own prompt cannot be ranked 1st

My votes

20th Century
1. ET
2. Marty McFly
3. Rexy

21st Century
1. Dominic Toretto
2. Jason Bourne
3. Shrek

On a side-note, I've just realized today marks a whole month since I started this thread. Admittedly it was dormant for half of it, but hey! Lol.

EDIT: not all of the tags went through, so hopefully, y'all are aware of this still. Lol

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. Marty (Back to the Future is iconic and he has a ton of moveset potential to work with. One of the big "no duh" choices for this roster)
2. Columbo (I usually feel bad about self-voting this high, but Columbo is My Boy and I will fight tooth and nail to make sure he gets in)
3. Rexy (I think a giant dinosaur would be fun. Also Jurassic Park is huge and this seems like a fun way to represent the franchise)

1. Scott Pilgrim (Uhhhhh yes please! Although I'm admittedly a bigger fan of the graphic novels than the film adaptation, I still adore every piece of Scott Pilgrim media and it's always a joy to see him appear in stuff. There's a reason they made a beat-em-up, the entire cast was basically built to be in fighting games)
2. Shrek (If we're adding Dreamworks stuff to this roster, then we've gotta have Shrek! He's basically Mr. Dreamworks! If I wasn't influenced by my bias towards Scott Pilgrim, Shrek would absolutely be my #1 choice)
3. Dominic Toretto (something something power of family)

Honorable mentions go to Janet and the Onceler. The Good Place is one of my favorite shows of all time and I'm also not immune to the allure of funny tumblrman. Unfortunately they ended up being out-prioritized, but I hope they get pitched again in future jobs!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Marty McFly. Unabashed bias from a BTTF fan, I'll admit, but he'd have a cool moveset regardless.
2. E.T. Another iconic, but interesting, pick to see in something like this. Funky alien frien.
3. Casper. You know what? Ghosts are cool. And a ghost would be fun. So screw it, why not.

1. Dominic Toretto. IMAGINE HIM. WITH CAPTAIN FALCON'S MOVESET.
2. Shrek. A pretty obvious, and solid, DreamWorks rep - and honestly a fun one to boot.
3. Jason Bourne. I think the whole "spy/action" archetype would contrast well against other characters and has potential!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Marty McFly
2. E.T.
3. Rexy

1. Shrek
2. Stuart, Kevin and Bob
3. Scott Pilgrim

A lot (possibly all) of these picks should get in at some point, in some form honestly.

Top Bottom