• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dont pick FD and dont stand still...

zair is your best friend when they push you too far back.
Also stay away from the edge.

Dont ken combo with T.Link its WAY too situational...
explain the Zair is your best friend and the Ken combo for TL. I'm curious. Especially the Ken combo thing.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
lol RJ? didnt think you would travel so far from home. but yeah. Lee too good. and I cant wait for the next tourny. >.> I could be wrong with this assumption but I might fight him in an actual match next tourny. But i could just be being paranoid. lol wouldnt that be hilarius. "Bomber and Lee! Bomber and Lee TV 6, it the one Lee always wins on!" o.o *shrinks into corner* ummm.... help me gah, lee is the ultimut counter for my bombs! GAH
well after being destroyed *stares in space and shudders* im looking all over the place

iRjOn

Smash Lord
explain the Zair is your best friend and the Ken combo for TL. I'm curious. Especially the Ken combo thing.
Because zair gets them outta your face.

Ken combo works for toon link when the opponet is at 20-30%
around 20% its a absolute foot stool.
Its such a short range at a low % the chances of your opponet being off stage are almost 0
The ken combo with Toon Link is bair>jump>imidiate dair
at 20%ish if you dair too slow you'll suicide...
I've tested it on live persons but only 2 times have the situation arised for it to be done.
CPU tested it on nearly every character of the cast.

You also have to space your bair right so your opponet goes back basically near the tip not the middle.

You understand me right?
>.O?

If not I'll be glad to explain more.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I thought it was down throw>jump>bair>jump>immediate dair. But I guess that only works at low percents near the edge of the stage. Wait, what? LOL that's even more situational!

Also, nobody ever told me what 310 means. What is it???

iRjOn

Smash Lord
the 310th post in this thread...

if you add in the throw its alittle easier...
the chance of your opponent being by the ledge to go off or getting grabbed by Toon Link are still close to 0...
Grabbing isn't as bad tho little exaggeration in my statement.

But the knock back from the throw is too far giving ur opponent the time to airdodge the bair I think...

Hyro

Smash Lord
Sant, what in the hell do you do against an Olimar??? They're invincible...they fair then cover themselves with fsmash just like our nair to qd except all of their pikmin stop spam...and then those lagless grabs, it's overwhelming.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Dont pick FD and dont stand still...

If they recover low hit the MAIN IC with a projectile, while they are upbing.
And their dead.

DONT STAY STILL

zair is your best friend when they push you too far back.
Also stay away from the edge.

Dont ken combo with T.Link its WAY too situational...
What the odds of having ur opponet off-stage at 30 or 20%?
Thanks,I think I'm ready against Barge.

I almost forgot what is the best neutral/counterpick stage against IC

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Because zair gets them outta your face.

Ken combo works for toon link when the opponet is at 20-30%
around 20% its a absolute foot stool.
Its such a short range at a low % the chances of your opponet being off stage are almost 0
The ken combo with Toon Link is bair>jump>imidiate dair
at 20%ish if you dair too slow you'll suicide...
I've tested it on live persons but only 2 times have the situation arised for it to be done.
CPU tested it on nearly every character of the cast.

You also have to space your bair right so your opponet goes back basically near the tip not the middle.

You understand me right?
>.O?

If not I'll be glad to explain more.

No no you made it quite clear. Lol I just realized before i read this post what the ken combo for TL must have been and i was right. though I am a day late cuz I had to ask. I understand the concept of Zair being a good spacer and stuff but can one of you guys post a link so I can actually see it in a match cuz I really dont see too many Zairs in TL vids especially for spacing. I just wana see for myself so I can develop a space game, whicih Redson made me do last night with his incredibly good agressive sheik. cuz, well he makes that chick agressive >.>

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Hey Santi, I met Xyro on saturday and played with him in teams for a few friendlies. For the first few matches, I kept killing with the Santi combo (upsmash into 2 bombs). Do you approve of my general show offness?

Santi

Smash Lord
Against Olimar= Use Zair,Nair,quickdraws, boomerangs, and Upsmash
IF you spaced those 5 moves correctly you will win :D

Hey Santi, I met Xyro on saturday and played with him in teams for a few friendlies. For the first few matches, I kept killing with the Santi combo (upsmash into 2 bombs). Do you approve of my general show offness?
SANTI APPROVES!!! :)

*chuck norris thumbs up*

Bomber7

Smash Hero
that is a move I'm definatly now considering on attempting and practicing or at least when it comes to friendlies I will attempt it.

Well I think i got a good technique that works for me with spacing. jump pull out bomb and arrow cancel then run throw bomb and repeat. I think thats how it went. I know the spacing involved keeping my friend at bay with an arrow while i pulled out a bomb, ran and threw it and ran away and repeated. It was a lil hard to keep up but it worked against his style of play with sheik.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
That is highly unlikely to happen in a real match, don't attempt it if there is something on the line.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I managed a an upsmash into a boomerang and then a bomb at the last tourney I went to during a friendly match. It made me happy.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Against Olimar= Use Zair,Nair,quickdraws, boomerangs, and Upsmash
IF you spaced those 5 moves correctly you will win :D

SANTI APPROVES!!! :)

*chuck norris thumbs up*
Chuck Norris doesn't put his thumbs up. He puts his roundhouse kicking foot up. Up peoples' ***** that is.

The Chucky Kick is the only move to cancel out every move in Brawl and it's a one hit kill. But Chuck still isn't banned, because SBR members are scared for their lives about what would happen to them and their families if they did that.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Any defense tips? I hate how my opponent can miss a grab and immediatley grab again :( If we miss a grab, we don't get out of the animation until an Ike comes around and fsmashes you. When should we grab? Should we roll? Which attacks out of sheild? My defense is so horrible...it's the only thing that's really holding me back.

Chip.

you know what to do
I'll repeat this agian: I don't want to see any spam in this thread anymore.

Most of you have been contributing well lately, but I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for anybody who doesn't.

Sorry if I infract you though, only doing my job :(.

Santi

Smash Lord
Any defense tips? I hate how my opponent can miss a grab and immediatley grab again :( If we miss a grab, we don't get out of the animation until an Ike comes around and fsmashes you. When should we grab? Should we roll? Which attacks out of sheild? My defense is so horrible...it's the only thing that's really holding me back.
Grabs don't do that much damage so if an opponent attacks my shield and I'm not sure on the lag behind it or if my grab will connect then I will nair out of shield. It does around the same percent and can be a lot safer.

I grab when I see an airdodge low to the ground or I know when my opponent has to land on the ground.
I aslo grab when my opponent is at high percent because a lot of people know about our upsmash and know to bait it and punish us after.

Attack out of shield when you see an opening. I dont know how to word it really.
Force them to approach and then react accordingly out of your shield.

I don't roll much but on some attacks that I know my opponent will follow through and leave them open from the back.

Marth's sword dance sometimes Ill try to roll behind them when I feel like they are going to do all their sword dance.
And especially if they like doing the down sword dance where it eats up a lot of my shield.

things like that.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Any general tips for Lucas? I can come close to beating them but they always seem to get the best of me, Dsmash and Fsmash being my biggest problems with them.

And when facing a Marth, should I attempt to space zair and just poke at him until I can follow up, or just camp and force an approach?

Santi

Smash Lord
Any general tips for Lucas? I can come close to beating them but they always seem to get the best of me, Dsmash and Fsmash being my biggest problems with them.

And when facing a Marth, should I attempt to space zair and just poke at him until I can follow up, or just camp and force an approach?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211345
^^ they got more than I do.
There is a tourney set with Lobos and a very good Lucas in there.

Marth- Both. ha =) Camp and attempt to poke with Zair.

Chip.

you know what to do
I have awesome experience vs Marths haha. :cool:

I beat Bladewise, #2 best in the state, in a really close set at the last tourney I went to. Bladewise is too good though haha he's amazing.

:colorful:

Santi

Smash Lord
santi didnt answer my question ;-;.
I'll answer but you have to answer my question =)

This is why I'm hawt...
this is why I'm hawt...
I'm hot cause I'm fly..
You aint cause you not...

idk =)

Oh and btw Zori, I forget to tell you this but you look very similiar to my brother. OMG ha.

You have to go to Final Smash and we must get some friendlies in. Like always :)

Question for Zori: What are the openings you look for against TL's?

EDIT: Share Chip =) Pleasee. I think Marth is giving several TL users a difficult time. Myself included.

Zori

Smash Champion
I'll answer but you have to answer my question =)

This is why I'm hawt...
this is why I'm hawt...
I'm hot cause I'm fly..
You aint cause you not...

idk =)

Oh and btw Zori, I forget to tell you this but you look very similiar to my brother. OMG ha.

You have to go to Final Smash and we must get some friendlies in. Like always :)

Question for Zori: What are the openings you look for against TL's?

EDIT: Share Chip =) Pleasee. I think Marth is giving several TL users a difficult time. Myself included.

your brother is black ? how did that happen :D

yeah friendlies, when is final smash lol

Hmm I guess I have to answer this one... the key for tl is getting past his spaceing..... the zair, and the nair to arrow, stuff like that. Olimar has no options vs that but he DOES have purple pikmin they mess up your footwork and then I make it my life goal to punish you after every mistake you make after that., This works for all match ups but I only do this vs zss and tl's. Also I can move around the projectile **** because my brother plays tl (but hes not that good) and all he knows how to do is spam :d so i know it inside and out.

What eles.... ummm i noticed for some reason up-b kills tl at low % o-0 like really low maybe its his weight.

Also I had a dream.... that if i ever mained tl i would use the brown hair tl and my name would be BOMBZ and I would spam bombs and be know for my epic bomb tactics. :chuckle:

Chip.

you know what to do
Well alright, I guess it's about time for me to give some solid advice on these boards :).

Matchup ratio: 50-50.

I might say it's in toon Link's very slight advantage but if it were it would be like 51-49 lol or something like that.

Toon Link can interrupt and wreak havoc upon Marth's approaches. Marth's are notoriously known to approach with SH double Fairs or single, late Fairs. Toon Link can counter it with a high overdose of SHDA and Zairs. BC cancelling your arrows is also useful so that it leads to Bair setups to space and combo the Marth. Marth players then might try and approach with a full jump and then land with a fair, nair, or something but all you have to do is throw a boomerang and angle it up so he runs into it. Marths might then approach with running straight into your projectiles and ferociously power-sheilding your projectiles. When Marth gets up close, it's important to then resort to well spaced aerials to rack up damage and keep Marth away. When he runs up and sheilds and his close to you he can up B, side B, grab, jump and Fair, etc. so you have to counter his every move. Distance yourself into a retreating Zairs, Nairs, Bairs, and subtle arrow cancels from aerials so that he can't punish you. Those three aerials really hinder Marth's approaching game since he's so prone to approaching on the ground or through SH. Zairs and SHDA eat up his SH Fair approach leaving Marth to primarily approach with powersheilding. Spacing Zairs, Nairs, and Bairs are all effective ways of spacing against Marth when he approaches like that or a simple grab can do the trick. His approaching options are limited.

With that said, Marths will ALWAYS find a small opening to punish you and boy they'll make it a good punishment. Marth can start up a short 2 hit Fair strings and side B combos to rack up heavy damage. His sword range is really effective at distancing and spacing againts your sheild if he gets close enough. Marth has a enough time to spot-dodge a grab from toon Link after he hits your sheild so just upB him or something if he spams it a lot. Sheild grab him if he's prone to sheild after a Fair. When off the edge Marth doesn't really have many options if you throw out projectiles and are cautious of how well you space your recovery; be careful because marth can fall off the edge fast fall and fair or grab the edge and fall off and bair.

There are some **** stages that really **** Marth up the butt. Stages I'd ban against Marth would be anything small like BF or something. (hint: I'll PM stages that are good against Marth if anyone wants to know >_>_^_^_>_>).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also I had a dream.... that if i ever mained tl i would use the brown hair tl and my name would be BOMBZ and I would spam bombs and be know for my epic bomb tactics. :chuckle:
.... plz tell me you arent mocking me right? I know just about everyone I've met and played thinks my style is n00bish. come on. though I stay in there cuz I'm not alone *cough* VG.

Bombs are fun. I remeber when I played meele I had a dry time with merth so i went to my secondary, which was link and developed my skills at the time. Eventually I was able to cope my 64 bombing techniques with him and they wroked out fine, it's just TL is a whole other link for me and I gotta cope with him instead of TL coping with the style lol.

To be honest I could care less about people flamming me for spamming bombs and stuff cuz I have improved over the past few months(3 or 4) and Ive balanced out my game while still using bombs(but a little better i think). I played Testament and he told me my style was one big mindgame lol. For me I see bombing as a really good style, it gives you amny options to choose from and oyu can throw in mindgames as a bonus. And there is one basic technique I have yet to master....the bomb grapple. Throw bomb ahead of you(not up like people think you are suppoosed to do) when it hits your opponent, grab them. It really does work, it's just hard cuz TL has a big blast radius and a short hook shot but I have dont it quite a few times. It was one of my primary damage starting moves in 64 cuz hitstun rocked in that game.

If any of you come to LA you can ask anyone who's seen me fight or fought me. I'm known as the kid who spams projectiles. lol still havent gotten my name yet, unlike REdson which is a household name to them. O well. :chuckle:

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Bomer
chill thats just Zori's humor
He wasnt mockin you i dont think...does he even kno you?
even if he was chill its ok.

Now for Santi...

Question is Y did you second Marth that one tourney?
Are going to play Marth alot to over come your disadvantages?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

uhh yea i never played a toon link in cali....so it wasnt me u played.

Santi

Smash Lord
Bomer
chill thats just Zori's humor
He wasnt mockin you i dont think...does he even kno you?
even if he was chill its ok.

Now for Santi...

Question is Y did you second Marth that one tourney?
Are going to play Marth alot to over come your disadvantages?
I mained Marth in melee so when brawl came out and we didn't have all the characters; I picked up Marth early on since I was comfortable with him.

I then started to play TL and still used Marth when my TL wasn't cutting it. So that's why I had Marth as my second sometimes at tournaments.
I dropped Marth in the summer and just stuck with TL and only TL.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
dont worry i wasnt freaking out i was being sarcastic (should have entereed sarcasm here). I know..... dang i was gona ask a question and i just had a brain fart. darn it!

Zori

Smash Champion
.... plz tell me you arent mocking me right? I know just about everyone I've met and played thinks my style is n00bish. come on. though I stay in there cuz I'm not alone *cough* VG.

Bombs are fun. I remeber when I played meele I had a dry time with merth so i went to my secondary, which was link and developed my skills at the time. Eventually I was able to cope my 64 bombing techniques with him and they wroked out fine, it's just TL is a whole other link for me and I gotta cope with him instead of TL coping with the style lol.

To be honest I could care less about people flamming me for spamming bombs and stuff cuz I have improved over the past few months(3 or 4) and Ive balanced out my game while still using bombs(but a little better i think). I played Testament and he told me my style was one big mindgame lol. For me I see bombing as a really good style, it gives you amny options to choose from and oyu can throw in mindgames as a bonus. And there is one basic technique I have yet to master....the bomb grapple. Throw bomb ahead of you(not up like people think you are suppoosed to do) when it hits your opponent, grab them. It really does work, it's just hard cuz TL has a big blast radius and a short hook shot but I have dont it quite a few times. It was one of my primary damage starting moves in 64 cuz hitstun rocked in that game.

If any of you come to LA you can ask anyone who's seen me fight or fought me. I'm known as the kid who spams projectiles. lol still havent gotten my name yet, unlike REdson which is a household name to them. O well. :chuckle:

lmaaaaaaao o-0 I really had that dream lol, I was not trying to mock you, I don't even know you:dizzy: bombs are good :D Cheer up ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok I know this is the wrong area to be posting this question, but Santi, I know you play a decent PT, got any advice on how to improve? or at least have a better charz game like I know you do.

Santi

Smash Lord
Charizard has like the third best grab or something like that.
Grab
=)
Bait airdodges with Rock Smash hehe
then grab :D

Learn some follow ups for grabs as well.

And play like a hungry animal and you will see your Charizard turn into a beast :D

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Right i have a lill question i only play like twice a week and dont acctually own the game or a wii for that matter (still working on that part) but when i do play i try to get some practice with the tricks like the tether thingy or bomb dropping what i wanna know is, is it worth mastering these things not so much the tether (for edgeguarding reasons) but the bomb drop i meen it looks cool but does it rlly help me and id like to know what tricks are worth mastering <(>.<")> THANKING YOU ',;D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Charizard has like the third best grab or something like that.
Grab
=)
Bait airdodges with Rock Smash hehe
then grab :D

Learn some follow ups for grabs as well.

And play like a hungry animal and you will see your Charizard turn into a beast :D
........no comment for epicness.

UncleSam

Smash Master
check out the vid in my sig, I have a strong feeling u already know this but it is awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom