• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
will do soup. lol i havent seen you in a while. glad to know you're still alive.
Yea other things just took priority sry guys :(!

But I'm back and ready for more TL, now the tables have turned, you guys gotta give me tips now.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hey guys, I bomb spiked myself today, guess thats what I get for throwing a bomb while under FD.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
uhh yea i never played a toon link in cali....so it wasnt me u played.
OBJECTION! Right after pools on saturday I asked you for a match or two but we ended up playing on teams against a TL/wario team. we murdered them. I went by Syx. And now I'm sad, you forgot me already :(

you are technically right though, we didn't play each other >.>

ON topic: Anybody have any advice in the Ice Climbers matchup? I've recently had to play a good IC and I camped like hell and avoided the grab at all costs, but dude I played was good at getting that grab in/stock off

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
im having trouble with grabs. any tips on the "perfect distance" or set-ups i should use?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
OBJECTION! Right after pools on saturday I asked you for a match or two but we ended up playing on teams against a TL/wario team. we murdered them. I went by Syx. And now I'm sad, you forgot me already :(

ON topic: Anybody have any advice in the Ice Climbers matchup? I've recently had to play a good IC and I camped like hell and avoided the grab at all costs, but dude I played was good at getting that grab in/stock off
Hold a bomb.

Make sure you hold a bomb.

im having trouble with grabs. any tips on the "perfect distance" or set-ups i should use?
1st jab - *wait for response* grab

autocancel zair - *wait for response* grab

run like an *** *foresee spotdodge* pivot grab*

If they for some reason miss a tech - wait for a response, grab.

Stand still *wait for a response* grab

Seriously

iRjOn

Smash Lord

I said some stuff on the ICs back when someone else asked...if you wanna look its not too far back.

Just rememeber dont stand still!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Really!
aww lucky!
Mine has Ants in his tunic.
D:
that sounds uncomfortable, i sure hope they're not fire ants :lick:

Also, since you seem to know the matchup, should I try to kill Nana (from now on referred to as, "the ho") first?

KBM

Smash Ace
as far as grabs go, Dthrow chain grabbing is HILARIOUS because no one sees it coming. I did it to a... falco..? i think it was falco. Im sure it's doable to others at low %s. give it a try, it's fun.

*edit* to clarify, the downthrow puts them behind you, you have to pivot grab with pretty good timing to get it. worth the practice though.

iRjOn

Smash Lord

Also, since you seem to know the matchup, should I try to kill Nana (from now on referred to as, "the ho") first?
XD "the hoe"

but Sadly its worse its those red cow ants(really big ants).
D:

I kno they match up pretty decently...

To answer your question no...
Only kill the other IC when the situation arises.
But dont put yourself in danger trying to kill the second IC.
If they are acctually separated at 80ish% sure try to safely kill the second one.
Takes alotta pressure off of you.

But a good IC will try to make sure the 2nd IC will not die.

That is why I say no because the effort you just used to kill the 2nd IC coulda been used for the main IC.

So its just situational when the moment arises I believe you can make the "smart" choice.

wanna know anymore before I hit the hay?
If I get off before you answer I'll answer it later today.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason

When the IC is recovering low hit the main IC with a prodgectail and there dead.
Also the IC's b up when nana is getting slung up it could damage you.

Also iRjOn that person you gave advice was me.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Hah, whenever I fight ice climbers I have an addiction for killing nana. She pisses me off. I don't know why...I just hate her. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yes chaos, Yes it was
Santi got another Question

Got any advise against Wolf?
I dont play too many good wolfs but I got a friend who is decent at it(but still is a n00b at the game cuz he doesnt own it but has his good days sometimes). Since he knows how I play, see VG matches on youtube for details, he doesnt hold back on the reflector or the gun. What I do is actually go into pressure game mode and not use my projectiles as much or as quickly but still use them to a decently large amount(which is the way I like it). It throws him off and I rarely get hit by a reflected projectile. wolfs weak points are his head when he is reflecting and right infront of him due to our bomb's blast radius. Careul of his Bair, aparentyl Wolfs Bair game is pretty good like ours. If he spams his gun, play it safe and think of a plan to get past the shots and punish. Bair is your friend and Zair too. If wolf is a reflector freak then you can punish him anyway you want. when you get him off the ledge, chain the ledge, you and Z-tilt the ledge to regain your invincibility frames if he come with in range of hiting you and knocking you off and him gaining the ledge.

I think that is it... any thing I'm missing guys? If so feel free to add or correct me if i didnt say something right.

KBM

Smash Ace
Hey irjon, i'll add to what bomber said. Don't get caught with landing lag. The opponent's landing lag is probably Wolf's favorite thing ever; it's a free forward smash which hits from a mile away. So basically what you'll wanna do is always save your second jump and always quickdraw when you land. I'm not sure how the arrow fares against Wolf's forward smash, but it probably just cancels him out... which is better than getting hit. If you're in the lead and Wolf decides to be a spammy ******* (which he will because he's Wolf), just stand there. Toon Link's Hylian Shield will stop his blaster shots and you wont have to worry about him running in at your L-shield to grab you or whatever. If he short hops into blaster spam, try to duck it. Wolfs are begging you to let them punish you with forward smash, so dont let them.

A good wolf will beat your bair with his bair. Sorry, but his is faster. I think.

If you L-shield his forward smash, always shield grab; the knockback on his forward smash will put you out of range for anything else. Unless you were facing the direction opposite Wolf when he fsmashed you, then you can tap-jump out of shield into Bair-combo ****... if you're close enough. that'll be your call.

Don't forget Wolf has the craps for a recovery. it has good priority but goes almost nowhere, 9 times outta 10 they use the smash B to recover so either edgehog or get ready to punish him if he's going to land on the stage.

That's a lot, wow.

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Wolf eats the arrows when he fsmashes cause hes fat
-_-
His bair is the same speed just slightly better range
:ohwell:
Thanx for the info I appreciate it.
His bair OWNS our bair range-wise. But speed is about the same although I'd give Wolf the edge.
I think it outranges just about everything except for fair or 2nd hit of fsmash and zair actually.

0niLink

Smash Rookie
I have a quit question, I have a friend who has an extremely annoying Snake. If I get close, he spams side tilts then when I'm far he constantly uses the side B homing rocket thing, rinse and repeat.
I can get past the missile most of the time, but as soon as I get close he uses his tilts which is faster then any of my attacks. Help please =/

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
When he spams you spam when afar use the arrow,and boomarang,and bomb.Air dodge or roll away from the missle.When close jump above him and dair.(when he is tilting)
Thats all I got so far

KBM

Smash Ace
woah woah woah woah woah woah, i dont think the word "dair" needs to be in any sentence giving advice unless the words "dont" and "use" are immediately preceding it...

look, my best friend mains snake and he's really good so here's some pointers.

Don't be afraid of grenades. They will always take 4 seconds to explode, and Snake can only have 2 out. They're more of a mindgame than anything. If you shield one, pick it up and throw it back.. unless your friend knows how to strip grenades off of you, then dont even bother touching the **** things.

Snake's side tilt is broken and tough to get around because of the range. Air dodge into Zair is good for this if you know it's coming. short hop nair into quickdraw is also annoying for snakes.

Snake's smash B missile is the poops and you're lucky he's using that garbage. Just jump around it or roll or whatever, shoot some stuff etc.

The guy above me said to spam arrow and boomerang, but that's not a good idea against Snake really. If a Snake stands there and holds the A button, that is, spams jabs, it will 100% always stop your arrows and boomerangs at no cost to Snake. Perhaps your friend does not know this. So really the only time arrows and boomerangs are good are for when Snake is too far for nairs or bairs and is also in the air (this is not often), or when he's using the missile (this too should not be often, but i guess your friend likes it). Bombs are pretty good i guess.

You can bair combo Snake up to like, 70% if you know what you're doin, so look for opportunities to do that.

So yeah, wall of text, but there ya go. Snakes are hard to beat so you gotta be careful. Take your time and space properly with Zair and Nair. Mix it up between the two so he doesn't know which is coming.

Santi

Smash Lord
Wow. Thanks guy for helping out and answering a lot of these questions.
I just woke up o_O So it's nice to have alot of these questions already broken down and taken care of when I get up.

Hah, whenever I fight ice climbers I have an addiction for killing nana. She pisses me off. I don't know why...I just hate her. :(
I LOVE YOU

QUIVO

Smash Master
Dair is actually pretty good if you use it well. I was using them a good deal vs Razer last night.

Airdodge to zair against ftilt would have to be spaced well, otherwise you're airdodging into ftilt. You're both moving at each other, so chances are he can hit you if you're not careful.

Spamming jab against projectiles as snake is dumb. No smart snake would do that. First off it leaves them vulnerable, and bombs counter that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Don't be afraid of grenades. They will always take 4 seconds to explode, and Snake can only have 2 out.
Quivo corrected your other little mistakes, but grenades (and the Link duo's bombs) have a lasting effect of 6 seconds.

This is important because if you're counting down to know when to try to close in, you DO NOT want to count wrong lol.

Quivo...has a mustache? o_O;

KBM

Smash Ace
santi uses tap jump too :S

and oh, it's 6 seconds, are you sure? that seems like an awfully long time. good to know though.

Santi

Smash Lord
It's kinda hard to tell mistakes and such from a wifi video.

Yea I keep tap jump on aswell.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
FALCO HAS A STANDING CHAINGRAB
spread that noone seems to know that and I haven't seen it anywhere

On a related note:
in one video I saw a tl with a bomb jump off the stage, then turn around and throw the bomb. In throwing the bomb, he reversed his momentum. it was like when ur falco and you hit left JUST after firing a mid-air laser and u turn around and switch momentum. How do you do that with the bomb?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Falco has a standing chain grab on WHOM??

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
im no expert, but you should go for meteors more, especially after you backthrow him off the stage. another thing is to maybe roll around more. you aren't that bad, im probably just around your skill level xD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
im no expert, but you should go for meteors more, especially after you backthrow him off the stage. another thing is to maybe roll around more. you aren't that bad, im probably just around your skill level xD
o_O

Whoever you're addressing, this is like NO NO NO.

TL's roll sucks. Heck, Marth has an okay roll and you don't see decent Marths whoring it out, so TL should like...almost roll only once or twice in a match.

Bthrow to ledgeguard/hog, spiking is dangerous. You can try, but the risk so outweigh the rewards. Especially since you just work your *** to get them to the edge for the kill and now you're throwing your life away? No, don't do that! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom