• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi

Smash Lord
I copied it from our frame data thread.

Nothing about TL is broken =)
He's just a little boyyyy

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I copied it from our frame data thread.

Nothing about TL is broken =)
He's just a little boyyyy
Fine..fine. Almost-Meta-Knight-status-aka-BROKEN. ;)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Defeat a spammy pit by getting up in his face and by staying above him.
If you're hitting him, he can't spam arrows. And if you're above him his other spams won't be nearly as effective : ) He'll be forced to use moves strategically.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Thanks Shadow Moth
No problem.

Also, to everybody out there, how do you learn to SHFF automatically?
I can usually (emphasis on usually) short hop when I try. Not always but usually.
I just about always get it for some moves (aka nair, double arrow, bomb pull) but others I have more difficulty initially short hopping for (aka arrow to anything other than 'rang/bomb, bair, uair, zair)
Also I almost never remember to FF.
What is the best way to practice these?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Thanks uncle chippy *waves wand * best uncle in the world

On topic:weve covered every spacie but one even though I main him I have trouble versing him

KBM

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about the vs. Pit advice, stay above him if just for a second, like if you want to throw a bomb down at him, but the only other thing you can do above someone is dair, which i dont recommend against Pit. In addition, Pit's Uair is a meanie face, so if you're on a platform above him, you just gave him free damage.

So if being above him is actually advantageous, it'll have to be at an angle, but even then a good pit is still gonna nail your face with arrows. So i dunno really. Pit's smash range sucks, so midrange (oh big surprise) is where you wanna be. Honestly when I envision fighting a Pit, air dodge into Zair should work wonders, you can air dodge the arrows and still have an attack ready while you're out of smash range. Give that a try, I'd say.

No problem.

Also, to everybody out there, how do you learn to SHFF automatically?
I can usually (emphasis on usually) short hop when I try. Not always but usually.
I just about always get it for some moves (aka nair, double arrow, bomb pull) but others I have more difficulty initially short hopping for (aka arrow to anything other than 'rang/bomb, bair, uair, zair)
Also I almost never remember to FF.
What is the best way to practice these?
If you keep playing you'll come across instances where you think to yourself "i need to be on the ground right now to follow up this attack..." and you'll instinctively push down and fastfall. then it'll start to become a habit. that's how it worked for me anyway, kind of the same thing with wavedashing back in MELEE.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Oh. Thanks.
Any specific suggestions to make that happen faster of do I just have to be *shudder* patient?

KBM

Smash Ace
Go beat up a sandbag. Nail him with a forward air, fast fall, then dash attack or zair or something, just to become familiar with the flow. Actually go with zair, you'll use that more.

Also a good time to practice Zair if you're not familiar with that either.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Ooops I forgot which spacie (its fox) welll I dont have trouble any more.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
BAD its to risky and you can lose a life if you miss (i learned that the hard way)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So just to confirm, how many combo videos has Santi made?
He made two.

Although unlike a lot of people who became popular from combo videos (*cough*Drago*cough*), Santi has proven himself to actually be an excellent player.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Thank you santi for that Dair approval. Really, whats life with out a little risk. It's like telling a new comer to marth in meele to never Dair even though dair and 3rd swing(down) on dancing sword was marths ace in the hole. Though I do realize the risks of Dair. =D But you guys will have to admit, it doesnt hurt to know how to expertly or almost expertly know how to Dair for when the time calls for it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Psh, jab mindgames, uair as a pseudo combo breaker and onstage dairs are where it's at...

In the secluded TL metagame of Georgia.

Wait...there's only 3 TLs in GA, and one of them has been missing and doesn't even own Brawl.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
dont worry VG, I think me and H_R are the only two known TL players in LA. I could be wrong there could be more but all i know is me and H_R..... wait the random TL player that Ran was talking aobut... that must have been him considering he asked me if I was going to Dibitz, which i cant -_-

But yeah mind games are TL's + and should be excersised to the fullest, I dont think there is an end to his mind game creativness.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
santi the advice aganst barge was euther bad or i didnt follow them correctly.
(most likly i didnt follow them corectly)because i lost

Santi

Smash Lord
I didn't give you advice against Barge.

Grab a bomb.. jump airdodge and zair.
when bombs about to explode....
jump throw and pull out another

=)

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
o it it was someone here though(i am versing a pikachu soon hints)
Santi can you give me hints against pikachu

KBM

Smash Ace
is Barge the spammy Pit? because if you did what Shadow Moth said, which was stay in his face and stay above him, I can understand why that wouldn't work. Pit has quick smashes and his Uair is a big meanie, as is his Nair, so above him isn't too great either.

I already posted that though, so if you did what I said to do in a post following Shadow Moth's, I would be interested to hear more.

Santi

Smash Lord
Barge plays IC's

What the Pikachu do that gives you trouble???
How does it approach?
Or how does it camp?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
never mind i was in a tourni and the pika never came and KBM it is a dumb blond tourni only blod hair,body,fur chars can battle

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I was me!
:D
Just reading up on some match ups dont make you instantly better.
You still have to practice it
:p
So now you see how barge plays if they were recorded watch them or show us the link and we'll tell you where you went wrong.
:D
Just practice learn that characters weakness their flaw.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
didnt have my camera at the time um maybe it could be me vs brage vs someone here and only me and barge fight. While the other peson watches

Bomber7

Smash Hero
fighting chaos told me he just needs more work and he will soon be able to fight close to the big league people. He kinda reminds me of me a few months ago (note: I'm still improving but getting there). I noticed his movement on the ground was a bit unorganised and almost completely predictable. Now I'm no expert on pits so any one of you can help him out on how to deal with a spammy bow pit player like myself ;P

My best suggestion is counter with your projectiles, you got 3 so why not get in range and stop the spam. I doubt you'll ever have to fight anyone (pit or non pit) on bridge of eldin, I just did it for the experience seeing as Eldin is my Pit's best place(even though I lost; carelessness no johns lol). That first stock was a bit emberassing, you didnt do anything to try and stop my camping and I didnt even get a scratch. Nice spike though. But still... I'm getting off track, point is you need some more work on the ground, air is decent after all it is TL but still need more work in reading moves, seeing what is obvius, what could happen and see what you can do and what you shouldnt do(like Dair from high in the air)

Edge guard. Chain the ledge with Z and Z-tilt to regain invincibility frames. I think you can do it 2 more times. I'll still be your sparing buddy with all the characters I like to use. PT, TL, Pit(sometimes not really often), Marth (secondary) and maybe Link(as back up along with Pit). I just see your problem is you need more practice to try new moves.

One day I asked Sudai what would be the best way to train on CPU's and he told me to do lvl 3's. they have reactions closest to those of human players (to an extent) but still are easy to fight. Up until recently I actually found out how well they help. You can practice combos, moves or w/e you want on them and easily succeed and still be in a real fight(aka not training mode)

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Ok wow I get a whole 4 pharagraphs detecated to me.
Maybe if wifi is up tommorow we can figh again (and sorry TSM is my sparring partner but you at a close 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom