• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
well 70% of my KOs with toon link are either uair or dair spikes :p i suck at everything else

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
well usually the ***** survives after my fsmash(yes, i do hit the A button a second time) so i got no choice but to go wild off the edge.

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
heh, true true. always forget the amazing bombs when it comes to the edge game. :laugh: thanks

KBM

Smash Ace
Quivo corrected your other little mistakes, but grenades (and the Link duo's bombs) have a lasting effect of 6 seconds.

This is important because if you're counting down to know when to try to close in, you DO NOT want to count wrong lol.

Quivo...has a mustache? o_O;

Snakes grenades last 3.5-4 seconds, i've confirmed this, just wanted to point that out to you guys. so by the time you see snake pop one out, a 3 second count will serve you well.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yup, 3 seconds not 6 vietg.
Eh, I was wrong before, but it's like 3.5-4 from my test (sorry KBM). My mind must count seconds faster than Brawl does (but all we do is set up camp so we have all the time in the world lol). My mistake.

I wish we had 4 second bombs lol. It'd be easier for me to not die when I need a bomb recovery lol.

Good thing I'm not one of those guys that are like - WTF you suck, you *******es don't know it's 6? Yeah, that would've been hilarious though. xD

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i just thought i'd comment on the fact that when this thread shows up as the most recently posted thread on the index, it reads:

"Santi spills all of his..."

i'll say one thing, i was NOT hoping that it was knowledge

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i just thought i'd comment on the fact that when this thread shows up as the most recently posted thread on the index, it reads:

Do tell what you wanted it to be.

He'll make your dreams count true.

Santi

Smash Lord

LMAO

thats awesome =)

Well Merry Christmas you guys!!!
I hope everyone has a great day :D

Santi

Smash Lord
Right i have a lill question i only play like twice a week and dont acctually own the game or a wii for that matter (still working on that part) but when i do play i try to get some practice with the tricks like the tether thingy or bomb dropping what i wanna know is, is it worth mastering these things not so much the tether (for edgeguarding reasons) but the bomb drop i meen it looks cool but does it rlly help me and id like to know what tricks are worth mastering <(>.<")> THANKING YOU ',;D
Tricks worth mastering...

arrow quickdraws
reverse arrows
jc bomb throws
tether egdgehogging helps against Marth's and Diddy's as well as others

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What do you like to do after a JC bomb throw, other then SHDA.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Okay SCREW Rob. He OWNS Toon Link. He basically is a better version of all of us. He has greater range. He has better spam. He has a WAY better recovery. His spike completly outclasses ours. His dsmash is insane...it combos into itself. His nair lasts for about half the match and it's nearly impossible to airdodge. His bair spaces itself...that's just ridiculous! It also hits from the front AND back, so if he goes for a stage spike it's actually difficult to miss. Finally, he is IMPOSSIBLE to finish off. B-R-O-K-E-N.

I need ROB tips. I'm desperate. I'll sell my body if I have to. I'm going to my first in person tourney EVER on December 28th and there's a beastly ROB going to. I need to win.

P.S. Bair combos...be honest, at a pro level, are they even useful? Can you actually bair combo anymore or is it utterly obvious? To me it seems like I only get punished for them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Okay SCREW Rob. He OWNS Toon Link. He basically is a better version of all of us. He has greater range. He has better spam. He has a WAY better recovery. His spike completly outclasses ours. His dsmash is insane...it combos into itself. His nair lasts for about half the match and it's nearly impossible to airdodge. His bair spaces itself...that's just ridiculous! It also hits from the front AND back, so if he goes for a stage spike it's actually difficult to miss. Finally, he is IMPOSSIBLE to finish off. B-R-O-K-E-N.

I need ROB tips. I'm desperate. I'll sell my body if I have to. I'm going to my first in person tourney EVER on December 28th and there's a beastly ROB going to. I need to win.

P.S. Bair combos...be honest, at a pro level, are they even useful? Can you actually bair combo anymore or is it utterly obvious? To me it seems like I only get punished for them.
lol you too man? what did Sudai come to your place and pound the living day lights out of your TL with his ROB? I still got to have that match with him and stuff. I think my best character to go with is TL cuz I havent mastered PT yet >.> God help my PT...TL needs it more going against rob.

iRjOn

Smash Lord

Use platform stages...BF, Smashville.

His spike is kinda lame.
You should see it coming...
dair his slow up-b if he comes below you...
Yea nair just drop the controller >.>...
Really though its not that bad you can tell when its coming when your up high or close to the edge...
Dsmash it 9 times outta 10 follows a spot dodge...
Which imo ROB has the best spot dodge in the game.
It doesn't really "combo" into itself...
If the person in it doesnt DI up and out it strings into another...
Bair has stupid startup lag just dont do anything to the from behind close range unless they are in stun.

And to finish him...H_R come on his hurt box is enormus...
He is veritcally lighter than he is horizontal...(UP AIR!!!)
Throwing a rang at them while they are floating back.
Then either hitting their bigger than bowser's hurtbox with fair or nair after they either
A) get hit
or
B) fall for the baited AD
is a piece of cake.

Of course every thing is easier said than done.
Just Dont play on stages with too much flat ground.
ROB is fat kinda hard for him to dodge projetiles.

Think that helps ya enough H_R?
If you need anymore I'll be happy to help.

Yea Bair combos work at least 2 bairs then it probally wont be any more to it.
Not that I have experienced this personally just know from watching vids kinda.

Sudai

Stuff here
I love when people ask for tips against me. People usually give better ROB vs CharX advice when asking for help with a specific person for some reason. XD

See you on Sunday, H_R. ; )

TheJerm

Smash Champion

Hey, watch my games that are up vs Sudai. They should help. And they are pretty recent.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Haha, ok, thats fine. But I wasnt suggesting anything when I referred him to our games. Just thought they would help him.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I love when people ask for tips against me. People usually give better ROB vs CharX advice when asking for help with a specific person for some reason. XD

See you on Sunday, H_R. ; )
AHHH HE WINKED AT ME THAT'S HIM!!! XXXXD

But yeah, the ROB that was whoopin on me was Raffi-X.

BTW, bomber, are you coming to the New Orleans Brawl Monthlies??? :O

Sudai

Stuff here
I didn't take it to mean anything, Jerm. Hell, I even posted our vids up in the ROB video thread. I just feel I should have played better than I did so I'd like a rematch is all. : )

H_R...Raffi-X lives near you? I completely wiped the floor with one of his post on the ROB forums a while back. I had no idea he lived around here. XD Is he coming to the DIBBz tourney?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
AHHH HE WINKED AT ME THAT'S HIM!!! XXXXD

But yeah, the ROB that was whoopin on me was Raffi-X.

BTW, bomber, are you coming to the New Orleans Brawl Monthlies??? :O
I wish H_R Maybe once I can drive, which should be by next year(2009) but itl be during the summer cuz thats when my B-day is. But when i can drive i think my tourny participation will imcrease. But until then I'm jujst gona have to make due with what I got.....which aint much, just me a Red pounding the crud out of each other (or most times, pounding the crud out of me).

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Right santi i got a prob with my mate who uses snake we both hate going against each other he hates toon links and well its snake so ofc i wont like going against him u know anything that will give me the edge?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Does Bair or Nair come out faster? =/

Santi

Smash Lord
Jab:
1st swing total: 19
1st swing hits on frame 6
1st swing shield hit lag: 6
1st swing shield stun: 7
1st swing advantage: -12
1st swing linking to 2nd swing hit box advantage: -8
2nd swing starts as early as frame 9 of 1st swing
2nd swing total: 20
2nd swing hits on frame 6
2nd swing shield hit lag: 5
2nd swing shield stun: 5
2nd swing advantage: -14
2nd swing linking to 3rd swing hit box advantage: -11
3rd swing starts as early as frame 11 of 2nd swing
3rd swing total: 36
3rd swing hits on frame 6
3rd swing shield hit lag: 6
3rd swing shield stun: 7
3rd swing advantage: -29

Dash Attack:
Total: 39
First hits on frame 9
Shield hit lag: 8
Shield stun: 11
Advantage: -27

Dtilt:
Total: 22
First hits on frame 9
Shield hit lag: 8
Advantage: -10

Ftilt:
Total: 31
First hits on frame 10 (behind), 12 (front)
Shield hit lag (front): 8
Shield stun (front): 10
Advantage (front): -17

Utilt:
Total: 29
First hits on frame 8 (front), 11 (behind)
Shield hit lag (front): 8
Shield stun (front): 11
Advantage (front): -18
Shield hit lag (behind): 8
Shield stun (behind): 11
Advantage (behind): -15

Dsmash:
Total: 49
First hit hits on frame 9
First hit shield hit lag: 7
First hit shield stun: 9
First hit advantage: -38
Second hit hits on frame 17
Second hit shield hit lag: 8
Second hit shield stun: 11
Second hit advantage: -29

Fsmash:
1st swing total: 48
1st swing hits on frame 15
1st swing shield hit lag: 9
1st swing shield stun: 11
1st swing advantage: -31
1st swing linking to 2nd swing hit box advantage: -16
2nd swing starts as early as frame 21 of 1st swing
2nd swing total: 49
2nd swing hits on frame 12
2nd swing shield hit lag: 10
2nd swing shield stun: 14
2nd swing advantage: -33

Usmash:
Total: 37
First hits on frame 11 (strong) – at least 14 (weaker/back)
Strong hit shield hit lag: 11
Strong hit shield stun: 15
Strong hit advantage: -22
Weaker hit shield hit lag: 8
Weaker hit shield stun: 11
Weaker hit advantage: -20

Nair:
First hits on frame 6
Landing lag: 15
Hit lag: 8
Advantage: -12

Dair:
First hits on frame 12
Landing lag: 40

Fair:
First hits on frame 14
Landing lag: 18
Hit lag: 10
Shield stun: 14
Advantage: -14

Bair:
First hits on frame 6
Landing lag: 10
Hit lag: 9
Advantage: -8

Uair:
First hits on frame 11
Landing lag: 21
Hit lag: 9
Shield stun: 14
Advantage: -16

Zair:
First hits on frame 11
Landing lag: 2
Hit lag: 6
Shield stun: 7
Advantage: -1

Neutral-B:
First hits on frame 18
Arrow Cancel: first hits frame 1 (upon landing)
Arrow Cancel Lag: 24 frames

Side-B:
First hits on frame 27

Up-B:
First hits on frame 11

Standing Grab:
Total: 84
First grabs frame 12

Dash Grab:
Total: 93
First grabs on frame 14

Pivot Grab: