• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I think my worst match up is with Olimar.
The guy I play keeps telling me I'm to aggressive in general. What should I do to fix that?
Olimar would still be my worst match up though.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Sheild and air dodge. or when he PK rockets to you throw a bomb at him, that should stop him. there is very little a bomb cant stop. if he PK thunders in your direction, sheild or use TL's speed to run up to him and Punish, like with a highly charged Fsmash.
k will try that but he can perf shield alot of stuff aswell as spot dodge them, i dont rlly camp as much as i should cause everyone just moans at me when i do (the ppl around watching not the player so i cant say no johns but still) which makes me go in with my bairs and wat not and cause its lucas he's overpowered (for a little kid) and most of his moves have hitboxes i cant see =( but yea i know i should just tell the ppl around us to shut up i just need sumin to say that they cant come back at a real burn of an insult any ideas?

KBM

Smash Ace
k will try that but he can perf shield alot of stuff aswell as spot dodge them, i dont rlly camp as much as i should cause everyone just moans at me when i do (the ppl around watching not the player so i cant say no johns but still) which makes me go in with my bairs and wat not and cause its lucas he's overpowered (for a little kid) and most of his moves have hitboxes i cant see =( but yea i know i should just tell the ppl around us to shut up i just need sumin to say that they cant come back at a real burn of an insult any ideas?

I can't believe people are QQing about camping in a competitive brawl scene... you're taking a serious kick in the nuts if you aren't willing to camp.

"It's Brawl." That's essentially all you need to tell them. If they don't shut up, they don't understand the game.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Listne to KBM. Camping is KEY to a good TL game. It's like you haveing a gun and your opponent has a sword and people are watching and moaning about you having the gun cuz they want you to go CQC with the sword guy. You got and advantage buddy, you use it. If those people dont like you camping then they will have to deal with it or leave. Heck we have some LA meele players who refuse to play brawl cuz its "too easy" well one of the guys I know retaliated by asking them if it was so easy, then why dont they come play brawl and get 1st place.

=/

you can imagine that shut them up.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I think Toon Link can still play agressive, if you know how to out play your opponent that way. My style is much more aggressive than most, but I do know when to pull back and camp.

And for whoever needed help with the Olimar match up, Do what santi does.. the zair>nair> quickdraw approach, but I also like to rain bombs from the top. Also bait the grabs then spot dodge and punish.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My friend Redson told me I was more of a trick player cuz I bomb so much and agaisnt him its so easy to look like a pro and catch sheilded bombs and then throw them at him for a combo set up.

=/ but thats just me. Idk how Gameware monthly is gona turn out for me. I might get nervous and freak and even think about it which is bad instead of getting into the zone and doing good like I do now sometimes.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
what did the man say to dojo? and You forgot me,bomber,and iRjOn on the second vid.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
He forgot me too but I'm pretty new so I forgive him. I think his camera ran out like right when the guy arrived. What perfect timing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hey, he couldnt help but not mention us. For God's sakes the sun was beating down on his lonely face. You saw it. the glare was horribad. But still I couldnt help but laugh, especially the phone thing on the second vid.

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
Mr. Santi, I have a basic strategic question regarding aerials. I know the bair is the most useful one, but I'm wondering about the fair and nair specifically. Just for hitting in front of me, of course. If I want to hit someone behind me I use bair, by all means. But I find that the fair is too laggy, and even though the hitbox might be bigger than the nair, and even though its knockback is considerably more powerful, I find myself using nair a lot more often simply because it's much quicker to pull off. And with the right trajectory, I can even hit 'em twice sometimes. What are your thoughts on the matter? I mean just in general, if you want to hit someone in front of you, which attack would you consider "better?" Thanks for your time!!

PS: What happened to Dojo? What did the dude with the gun do? You left me hanging at the end of that last video!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Chaos, all of the guys on this board *cough-thread* are his boys. he said it ihmself. I think hje was about to say my name... darn sunlight. but anyways back to giving tips.

Santi

Smash Lord
Haha everyone's my boy. 4 sho.
And I'm sorry for not getting everyones name but I was under intense heat pressure... and I was nervous about Dojo. But I was thinking about the whole boards and I had nothing but love for yall unlike Cake with the fox boards. hehe.

Hopefully everyone liked the tourney videos haha :D and got to see Santi on the boards is just like the G santi in real life :)

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I wish he said my name that would makeme feel more speacial but im still laughing what he said about chip "S*** chip my TL boys on the boards are were its at"

YO santi what he do to Dojo?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i didnt watch them yet but im willing to bet i was left out. im always left out. noone loves weegee toondiddy

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
dtl if you want to hide it make the color 202020 or 1f1f1f, both of those work great

...DTL....
I still <3 u <-202020

...DTL....
I still <3 u <- 1f1f1f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom