• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
This thread is becoming more and more spam >_>

However, I do have a question: Which direction should I be throwing my bombs more often, forward or up?
Same question about boomerangs as well.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
This thread is becoming more and more spam >_>

However, I do have a question: Which direction should I be throwing my bombs more often, forward or up?
Same question about boomerangs as well.
it depends is your opponent Foward or is he up

Santi

Smash Lord
I dont throw bombs up that muchh unless my opponent is loving being above me. (MK dair campers :))
I mostly throw down... or alteast thats what I'm seeing..
I just saw some videos from a smashfest I had a couple weeks and as I'm wathcing them I can see I like to throw down and then follow the opponent and respond to what they do.

Boomerangs... I throw everywhere equally =) Just depends on what area the other player likes spending their time in :)

EDIT: I posted at 3:10 :) oopsie

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I dont throw bombs up that muchh unless my opponent is loving being above me. (MK dair campers :))
I mostly throw down... or alteast thats what I'm seeing..
I just saw some videos from a smashfest I had a couple weeks and as I'm wathcing them I can see I like to throw down and then follow the opponent and respond to what they do.

Boomerangs... I throw everywhere equally =) Just depends on what area the other player likes spending their time in :)

EDIT: I posted at 3:10 :) oopsie
your edit made me lol

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Thanks Santi. But you kind implied you jump a lot with bombs (LOL at the thought of throwing bombs down without jumping). Do you do the same thing with 'rangs or does it vary the same way as the others?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Santi I watched one of your vids from the fest. And you shouldnt use up air as your arial to DI with. Since TL holds it, he has a higher chance of dieing since he cant get out of the attack animation.

Edit: or down air xD. back air man lol

Santi

Smash Lord
Thanks Santi. But you kind implied you jump a lot with bombs (LOL at the thought of throwing bombs down without jumping). Do you do the same thing with 'rangs or does it vary the same way as the others?
I love jumping and being a bomberman from above :)

With rangs I usually short hop then use it... and in that little split second where the animation occurs where you're pulling out the rang... I decide in that little time if I'm going to throw it down/up/straight from my short hop.
It works good for me and if the opponent likes to spot dodge when I short hop close to them (because they think I'm going to bair) the rang usually hits them :D

Santi I watched one of your vids from the fest. And you shouldnt use up air as your arial to DI with. Since TL holds it, he has a higher chance of dieing since he cant get out of the attack animation.

Edit: or down air xD. back air man lol
Upair :D I just didn't DI well from the stronger Lucario attacks... so I basically had no shot to survive if I did my Uair or the Bair for that matter.

But maybe I'll do bair against Lucario or any other time I do bad DI so I have a slight chance to get out of the animation quick enough and survive.
Im gonna keep that in mind, thanks Jerm.

I got a lot of rust to work out lol.
I know you're going to want to ditto Saturday ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I was wondering. I know that MK playes like to spam his recovery by the ledge as a mind game and to make you approch so they can gimp you. Well beleive it or not I was spectating matches earlier todays and saw some TL cancel that out with an arrow. Now of course this TL got lucky with that hit and he was preoccupied with two other guys to follow it up but if supposing I played a MK player that did that.....

1) how well would canceling the frevocery spam with arrow work?
2) if it works well and is easy to do and dependable, what should I do to follow up with that?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
mhm. If you played Lee, which I'm sure you did many times, thats what him and a few other MK's here in LA do. I'm usually too afraid to go approch cuz I know I will get gimped some how. Though I just thought of something, rang and bombs especially can help right? I just figured bow would do fine cuz I just sw it happen today.

Santi

Smash Lord
That's the only thing I would do if I saw the MK looping on the ledge.. I would spam like crazzzyyy.

Or try to Zair and go right into shield when I land to bait the MK to try to shuttle loop me... then I attack him out of shield when the MK is vulnerable.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
also, can you give me a list of moves (basic or not) to help kill a MK effectivly cuz I damage my opponents way too much and wait at an over ripe moment to kill. I fought DJ and wow, something came over me that almost made me win, my TL went beserk mode and it was like watching one of your matches. getting one stocked by DJ and his MK when either one of us could have won is frustrating cuz I could have killed him, he was in the % range. gah, carelessnes but no johns, gona get better.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Santi;6312709 Upair :D I just didn't DI well from the stronger Lucario attacks... so I basically had no shot to survive if I did my Uair or the Bair for that matter. But maybe I'll do bair against Lucario or any other time I do bad DI so I have a slight chance to get out of the animation quick enough and survive. Im gonna keep that in mind said:
Haha you know it. I'm getting invinci bombing down pretty good, I'm prlly gonna use it at the tournament. Works so good on MK's shuttle loop attack, cause they go through you and there's a bomb waiting for them >=].. then they are behind you so you can bair.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hmmm. mindgames son. watch out on the 16th MK's Bomber is coming to town.... wait. Hey santi, is final smash for yall this saturday and sunday or on the weekend of the 16th?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok. thats cool, just wanted to make sure I got my dates right. =D good luck at the tourny btw. I would be joining Sudai and them but I'm still a minor so I cant go yet. maybe in like 2 years I can go. by then I will able to drive where I'd like and stuff.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Santi can you list all the characters you advice camping
and
the ones you dont?

Or just list each character and say to camp or not to camp
XD
to camp or not to camp
I'm putting it in my guide.
Thanx in adv. Santi
:D

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
@Irjon-

Mario- camp
Luigi- camp
Peach- camp
Bowser- camp
DK- camp
Diddy kong- mixed (camp and aggro)
Yoshi- camp
Wario- try to camp
Link- camp
Sheik- camp
Zelda- camp mid range
Ganon- camp
TL- camp
Samus- camp
Zamus- camp
Pit- aggro
Ice climbers- camp
ROB- camp mid range
Kirby- camp
MK- try to camp
DDD- camp
Olimar- aggro
Fox- aggro
Falco- aggro
Wolf- aggro >_>
CF- camp
Pika- camp
Charizard- camp
Ivysaur- camp
Squirtle- camp
Lucario- camp
Jiggly- camp
Marth- camp
Ike- camp
Ness- camp
Lucas- camp
GaW- camp
Snake- camp
Sonic- camp

That's what I think, I wanna see Santi's list.

Santi

Smash Lord
I start off every match with the mentality that I'm going to camp them =)

The ones that may be able to out camp me or deal with the camp very well are the ones that I go aggressive and try to make them mess up and eat sme damage.

Oli/ROB/Pit/MK/Wario/ etc..... and when the opponent just manuevers well, get's position on me, and starts taking advantage of me using mostly projectiles.. then that's when I start to throw out some nair/bairs and let them feel the heat
=)

So it does depend on characters but a lot of the time for me its based off the other player, because different people play differently with their character and deal with spam different.

So the defensive opponents that love to just shield and react when I approach... I let their shield eat a bunch of arrows and bombs before I attempt to approach. I try to beat them by camping since they don't like to approach... and when you camp against someone who is waiting for you to attack.. it forces them to make the move and attack even if that's something they don't prefer to do. I try to take them out of their comfort zone and not play their game.

The aggressive peeps who can dodge your spam and just get in your face and shield your arrows and rangs and punish the lag.. or who shield the bombs and then catch them in the air with an aerial approach...I stop camping because when they know how to deal with it effectively then there's no point in doing it unless you can mix it up very well. And if they know how to fight your spam very well then chances are they know your TL and it get's difficult to mix it up against them and show them something they haven't seen before.

So when that's the case... when the opponent knows what TL does and knows how to counter it........ I fight back :) Like a G.,because I'm stubborn/stupid and don't want to go out camping like a girl and just getting punished for it. :)I fight them with my chain and sword and if I lose... I lose playing the game like I love to play it :D

And if you drift away from the traditional TL fighting of camp camp camp... you might catch them by surprise.And hit them harder then they expect.
Not the best advice but it's what I do :)

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Invicibombing is easy in concept, because the timing is R, then A just after, but it's somehow really hard to do.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
yo santi Your song for toon nasty Goin down on it They found the origanal song on youtube a blocked it (I hate youtube) it was my fav. song to.

Anyways
againts Sheik I need Ideas I dont know how to counter sheik i basicly use the same thing agaisnt them camp for awile the go for tyhe kill and now its getting predictable

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I made a new tourny results thread(as you have probably already have seen) since it is friday and I have some spare time I am going to try to make records and compile them into a graph. I will throw in major tournies as well as minor tournies. Actually I havent decided if I want two graohs, one for minor and one for major. But I need yalls help in answering some questions for me.

1) How many people are usually in a considered a large tourny? (is it like minimum of 40th place?)
2) same as #1 but for minor (Is max like 30th place?)
3) how often do "large" tournies occur?

I know that small/minor tournies occur everywhere like Gameware monthly and a big one like the Texas Final smash occurs once a year. I just need a little help in identifying what should I consider a large tourny and a smaller tourny so I can get my formula I have yet to make, straight. What I plan on doing is updating it once every month and then when the new year starts, erase the chart and old 2009 placings and start anew. The way I have it set up, I think we will be able to get to a higher standard of placing.

=D

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
okay since stage discussion was fruitless i'll ask here;

I have ( whether for better or for worse ) never gone against a good metaknight. well I am positive that will change this saturday at FS5. what should i strike on neutral picks, what should i counter, and what CP should I ban ( i think we are banning one CP, right? )

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
Could I have some advice for Pit and Lucario B-Spammers? I'm having trouble getting past the volley of arrows/spheres, and they always run when I try to get close >.< Also, I'm having trouble with Ike. He keeps out-ranging me and coming in close when I try to back away using boomerangs and arrows. Any tips?

Thanks in advance if you can help, and keep up the awesome brawls! Your vids are awesome!

rebd121

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a simple matter. Stand still against AS. Your standing shield will block AS. Pit's arrows are more difficult to deal with. You'll just have to avoid them by any means necessary, and when you get to a good range, fire your own projectiles back at him. Watch for his reflectors, though. Ike must be kept away at all costs. Run from him, you have speed on your side, and use projectiles to rack up damage. Hyphen Smashes are great for killing Ike, especially if you catch him in a slow move like FSmash.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I start off every match with the mentality that I'm going to camp them =)

The ones that may be able to out camp me or deal with the camp very well are the ones that I go aggressive and try to make them mess up and eat sme damage.

Oli/ROB/Pit/MK/Wario/ etc..... and when the opponent just manuevers well, get's position on me, and starts taking advantage of me using mostly projectiles.. then that's when I start to throw out some nair/bairs and let them feel the heat
=)

So it does depend on characters but a lot of the time for me its based off the other player, because different people play differently with their character and deal with spam different.

So the defensive opponents that love to just shield and react when I approach... I let their shield eat a bunch of arrows and bombs before I attempt to approach. I try to beat them by camping since they don't like to approach... and when you camp against someone who is waiting for you to attack.. it forces them to make the move and attack even if that's something they don't prefer to do. I try to take them out of their comfort zone and not play their game.

The aggressive peeps who can dodge your spam and just get in your face and shield your arrows and rangs and punish the lag.. or who shield the bombs and then catch them in the air with an aerial approach...I stop camping because when they know how to deal with it effectively then there's no point in doing it unless you can mix it up very well. And if they know how to fight your spam very well then chances are they know your TL and it get's difficult to mix it up against them and show them something they haven't seen before.

So when that's the case... when the opponent knows what TL does and knows how to counter it........ I fight back :) Like a G.,because I'm stubborn/stupid and don't want to go out camping like a girl and just getting punished for it. :)I fight them with my chain and sword and if I lose... I lose playing the game like I love to play it :D

And if you drift away from the traditional TL fighting of camp camp camp... you might catch them by surprise.And hit them harder then they expect.
Not the best advice but it's what I do :)
TLM and Santi
Thanx so much

I <3 you guys

Santi its greatly appreciated so its like the best advice you too TLM

Now tomorrow my frist tourney since 2005?
or sometime ago
Dog I'm kinda nervous.
But its the good kinda nervous.

Anywho any tournament advice for me Santi?
Anyone?
Santi if you want your pupil to know your secrets that you think I'm ready for pm me them

Santi

Smash Lord
Just off work
:/
im deadddd..

and I have a tournament in San antonio tomorow :/
3 hour drive
:(

uhh i just skimmed through this page...
uuhhhh

advice for my pupils?
Take away your nerves... i dont get nervous at all before tournies... im just like oh cool tourney :)
Get those jitter bugs out of your system... go out and fight and don't leave anything on the table.
Give it everything you out and fight your game :)

Kick ***?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I heard masturbating beforehand helps to not be nervous later.
Just like for dates.

.... Legitimate advice. =)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Try and play friendlies irjon. It will let you see your compitition. Or play someone really bad to get your confidence up. Orrr.. masturbate lol.

Woot san antonio tmrw! cant wait.. needs to sleep xD

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
GL everybody I have a online tourni today with TL but its not as importent as yours so again GL show them whats TL is made of

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
hey guys i got a question about lucas, wats the easiest way to kill a rlly good lucas player who spams n air, spikes with b air, recovers with zap jump aswell as the normal up b, spams up B in your direction and hardly ever misses? i can some times shoot his up b with my arrows when hes off the edge so he just freefalls to his death but hes started to get wise to this and im hopeless at spikeing with d air not wat it takes to go for em but yea any advice?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sheild and air dodge. or when he PK rockets to you throw a bomb at him, that should stop him. there is very little a bomb cant stop. if he PK thunders in your direction, sheild or use TL's speed to run up to him and Punish, like with a highly charged Fsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom