• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
What do you do against a falco who SHDL from far? Since i try doing SHDA against him but get hit by the lasers, my toon link is jumpy so those lasers do get anoying.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What do you do against a falco who SHDL from far? Since i try doing SHDA against him but get hit by the lasers, my toon link is jumpy so those lasers do get anoying.
Umm, what are you doing challenging Falco to a projectile game? The moment you set foot on stage you've already lost. And SHDA is outdated, it's just a basic AT to build upon. You might use it on taller characters, but not one with superior projectiles like Falco who can also swat them away with reflector.

Bombs and somewhat boomerangs. But mostly you're going to have to attack him and...approach.

Remember, zair and nair are your best friends.

P.S - Hero's Shield is only good for Aura Spheres and bombs to a lesser extent. Maybe Charge Shot.

Trust me on this one. <_<

Santi

Smash Lord
Get as close as possible with dashes into shield. Or walk and shield. You must get into mid range because you can't fight a Falco long distance.. you will get beat everytime.

Also short hop air dodges might help... your full jump will aslo get you over SHDL

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
IM lazy right now so il cheak later

random thing: T@@n Link is da ******

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Against Falco's SHDL, I just full double jump bomb pull and use it to distract so I can get closer to him for hand-to-hand.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok thanks for all the help. I might try out these things today once i vs my friends falco again. My trouble was not approching more often and i was trying to out beat him from far which didn't work.

iRjOn ducking and shielding also sounds good since most the time they run away and space a little so i can duck and shield then approach . Zair i've been using and same to Nair they've been working fine. I think i was doing to much SHDA in that macth too.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Ok Santi, quick question. Kind of
My toon link is based on spacing and boomerangs. Zair is used alot, and so are arrows.
I fail to use bombs effectivly.
Can you give me a short bomb tutorial?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
We have a thread for that. It's called bombing like a pro and it should be on the first page.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok Santi, quick question. Kind of
My toon link is based on spacing and boomerangs. Zair is used alot, and so are arrows.
I fail to use bombs effectivly.
Can you give me a short bomb tutorial?
yeah, follow chaos's link to bombing like a pro. and if you need some examples, watch my vid that is posted on the OP. It's an old vid but it does have alot of usage of bombs.

=D

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
is it the vid when you were still called AREO cause i love vid

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah. I was Aero up until a few months ago. I changed it after last smash. I kkinda figured I needed a little change of name. there is already an Aero and he is decently known. he uses DDD. plus I kinda liked H_R comment on my vid, it was funny, and then he suggested I use the name bomb, so now I use it =D

Aero- Meele name
Bomb- Brawl name(sticking with that forever)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
cool. I'm done eating now. give me a few to get ready and I'll have those friendlies with oyu. I'll make the room and stuff.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
me and bomber did 4 battles it ended up 2-2 but i only used TL twice i should be nominated Most improved

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
posssibly sheik is my quarternair for TL and dont ask question like that on SWF its against the rules (no harm feelings)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I recently found something interesting. It's rather small and may be known so I didn't make a new thread but I thought here would be the best place to post it first.

I found that you can do an OoS action without tap jump by JCing it.
May not be important for some of you but it is very important for me since, until now, I did not have an OoS game at all. This lets you play with tap jump off for those of you who, like me, can't up tilt/ uair w/o jumping when it's turned on.

Tell me if it's know.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I recently found something interesting. It's rather small and may be known so I didn't make a new thread but I thought here would be the best place to post it first.

May not be important for some of you but it is very important for me since, until now, I did not have an OoS game at all. This lets you play with tap jump off for those of you who, like me, can't up tilt/ uair w/o jumping when it's turned on.

Tell me if it's know.
I dont think it was.
But I've found that tap jump acctually helps me.
So turned it back on.

You cant uair w/o jumping anyway XD

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I know you're joking about the uair thing but i feel obligated to respond anyway:

I meant w/o double jumping >___________________>
That said, what do you find advantages about tap jump? It only hinders me (d@mn utilts are impossible).
Also, do you use tap jump as your primary form of jumping?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I know you're joking about the uair thing but i feel obligated to respond anyway:

I meant w/o double jumping >___________________>
That said, what do you find advantages about tap jump? It only hinders me (d@mn utilts are impossible).
Also, do you use tap jump as your primary form of jumping?
lol

Advantages are easier OoS functions
It takes some getting use to actually tilting the control stick.
And no I dont
I cant SH to save my life by tap jump.
I just use it for easier OoS and rising uairs
And some other stuff I cant think of w/o actually playing
:]

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
O... I use L-jump with tap jump off. Like tap jump, I have my entire right hand free for my offense and defense. I just turn tap jump off 'cause it gets in the way.

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Santi do you think that Tl deserves D tier? Which is basically the middle of the tier list plus a spot or two.

Alzi

Smash Master
I've seen many user run up up smash and then keep up tilting do they only do that so they can start of up tilts quickly instead of waiting until they come to you so you can start up tilting?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I've seen many user run up up smash and then keep up tilting do they only do that so they can start of up tilts quickly instead of waiting until they come to you so you can start up tilting?
You can start utilting
I do it.
If I usmash its accidental lol
That might be their case too.

But sometimes I usmash on purpose.
To use the hyphen smash to get in range quickly.
Then to utilt till they SDI out or get knocked too high.
Which usually leads to an uair.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I have problems with Yoshi. Up smash is the only thing that seems to get through a good Yoshi player >_<
best thing toon can do is gimp him, bombs work wonders, tether recover if u can just make sure u dont get hit by down air its nasty, learn how to foot stool his second jump if u get him low enough then he wont be able to egg back once confident with foot stool go for the spike now and again for extra added ownage, one of his best kills are up out of the screen at around 50%, but up air works well from about a full jump on FD u can kill him around 70% even better with a bomb to hit him into, AND down smash him near the edge between 0%and 26% for the easy gimp, iv only ever gone against one yoshi player won every time :chuckle: but yea hope i helped ya

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
@Iron: I'm fairly certain that you can't tilt while running.
On a similar topic (although I doubt it's not known) you can't do down anything without stopping.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Tell me if it's know.
i said that in the question thread a while ago, i didnt go into detail though
am i the only one who didnt know thta everything you can do with tap jump on, you can do with it off too? just figured that out today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom