• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santi spills all of his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi

Smash Lord
Shameless self-promotion ftw =P.

I'm out. Later Santi.
I love you.

Ah, I see. I'm with you there. Proportion is needed. lmao
Yes proportion is key.
haha

ok enough talk about girls!

We need to focus on TL... not boobs and butt.

Boobs and butt later when TL is high tier and getting top 3 in tounies =)

EDIT: DOjo!! Im sorry lol. Read your PM :D then forgive meeeeeeee =) Plus were actually all doing better.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I love you.

Yes proportion is key.
haha

ok enough talk about girls!

We need to focus on TL... not boobs and butt.

Boobs and butt later when TL is high tier and getting top 3 in tounies =)
But boobs and butt can help TL get to high tier. Just imagine, it could weigh him down to keep him from getting killed quickly. ;D

Edit: Before you ask about the sig, which everyone does, it's a joke.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I did. I hate you. Good **** though. Have fun tomorrow. Me and Cake are getting better. Pce.

On topic: How dew u zaiR!?

Santi

Smash Lord
I did. I hate you. Good **** though. Have fun tomorrow. Me and Cake are getting better. Pce.

On topic: How dew u zaiR!?
Im getting better too ;)

I usually Zair by pushing the purple button on the right side.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I thought he used airdodge + A.
Darn.

*gets an F on my test* =(

Santi

Smash Lord
I thought he used airdodge + A.
Darn.

*gets an F on my test* =(
Airdodge Z
:D
*aslo fails*
santi, spill your knowledge.

where the ****in **** did you get that sweet *** alpaca wool skull cap you wore at last centex. i just remembered that beast
The blue one?
AE.
im glad you like my controler paintjob guys. maybey il start doing mail ins =P
I might mail in =)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Niceeee.
ha the orange for some reason is super legit on TL
Maybe its because of the pajamas from wind waker. =P

I was thinking of making his sleeves and undershirt orange too.

KBM

Smash Ace
lolololol

edit: WOMBO COMBO!!! WOMBO COMBO!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU AT! WHERE ARE YOU AT!

We're all a little hard right now.

L M F A O

uhh, better throw a question in here.

i dun understan y wen he ridez his sord thru da air iz so bad. duz good dmg to dis boozer i play against lololol, culd u expln y iz so bad?

hey, where are you goin on the 10th?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Maybe its because of the pajamas from wind waker. =P

I was thinking of making his sleeves and undershirt orange too.
Pajama outfit in brawl would've been dank.

And uhm question, what in you opinion is a good summary of the match up score on TL vs Yoshi? We didn't get a final answer from some people or look at my synopsis of it. Which I can post if you wanna check it.

Santi

Smash Lord
WHERE ARE YOU AT! WHERE ARE YOU AT!

We're all a little hard right now.

L M F A O

uhh, better throw a question in here.

i dun understan y wen he ridez his sord thru da air iz so bad. duz good dmg to dis boozer i play against lololol, culd u expln y iz so bad?

hey, where are you goin on the 10th?
Happy feet
WOMBO COMBO
that aint falco
WOMBO COMBO
dkjbvirhjvbsd
vdvh b
OH MY GOD
OH OH OH
dnjvskdvnnjvkvdvkvfdvnfdv
gnfgnfgnmhmhmhmhmhgmhgmghm:joyful:
OH MY GOD
OH OH kfjdbuvfsdvbjsdvsfdvbbb
WHERE YOU AT
WHERE YOU AT
OH OH
MY **** HURTS!!

Final SMash IV

Pajama outfit in brawl would've been dank.

And uhm question, what in you opinion is a good summary of the match up score on TL vs Yoshi? We didn't get a final answer from some people or look at my synopsis of it. Which I can post if you wanna check it.
Yea go ahead and post it first.
Personally I think it's TL advantage
6:4 give and take

Santi

Smash Lord
didn't answer my question bro.

either of em :S
First one makes me try to hard to read it.

I answered the second one.
Final Smash IV

its a tourney in January in San Antonio.

Hopefully I wont be too rusty.

KBM

Smash Ace
ah ok, thought that was related to the WOMBO COMBO!.

the first one doesn't deserve an answer anyway B|

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My girlfriends phone has been off for two days.

bad or BAAAD? =(

Santi

Smash Lord

bad or BAAAD? =(
hmmm.
It could be anything Sasuke.
Phone bill wasn't paid.
She lost it?
etc etc.
So I would say just bad..
its not super horrible BAADDD

but I would be worried

lol
mine hasn't texted in a few hours and im already worried ha
so maybe im just a worry wart

but 2 days may call for you to be worried

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
my fiance cheated on me after 3 years and only 3 months after i spent wayyy more than i can pay on a ring. so i would worry but dont kill yourself. not yet atleast ...

Redson

Smash Journeyman
First, OMG TOON LINKS ILU ALLLLL (No homo)

Second: What's yer take on the Shiek vs Toon Link matchup, Santi? Probably been done, but I'm FAR too lazy to use the search button, and I need an excuse to talk to you guys. :D

Santi

Smash Lord
holy **** that sucks.
I dont trust women really in general.

Honestly I dont dig relationships. I told myself senior year I wouldn't get involved with anyone.
If this relationship doesn't work...
I'm done until after college.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Mmyes. In this "Wombo Combo" vidjo I've heard about. What did that man mean by "That aint Falco"?

KBM

Smash Ace
Hey Karina! this is toon link town >=)

by "that aint falco" he's referring to when someone yelled "HAPPY FEET!"

One of the players in that video is Zhu, and he's the star of a series of melee falco combo videos called Happy Feet 1, 2, and 3. Yelling HAPPY FEET would make sense of Zhu were playing falco in that doubles match, but he's fox instead, prompting someone to reply "that aint falco"

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hey Karina! this is toon link town >=)

by "that aint falco" he's referring to when someone yelled "HAPPY FEET!"

One of the players in that video is Zhu, and he's the star of a series of melee falco combo videos called Happy Feet 1, 2, and 3. Yelling HAPPY FEET would make sense of Zhu were playing falco in that doubles match, but he's fox instead, prompting someone to reply "that aint falco"

Ooooooh! And he looks like a penguin too. I get it.

Hai btw. X3

Santi

Smash Lord
First, OMG TOON LINKS ILU ALLLLL (No homo)

Second: What's yer take on the Shiek vs Toon Link matchup, Santi? Probably been done, but I'm FAR too lazy to use the search button, and I need an excuse to talk to you guys. :D
Umm
I think its even. Under one condition.
If the sheik transforms when TL is at high percent and starts killin us early with Zelda.

I hate that.
ANd spammy sheiks/Zeldas are hella annoying.

When the sheik just rolls and rolls and needles.
its extremely frustrating.

Like the first 5 posts in this thread are about some sheik stuff if you wanna check those out.

Anything in particular giving you trouble??

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Zori should play me because I don't play good people. ^_^;

<_______<

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow, goodness guys so much spam these past few pages. No more no moresies! Uncle Chippy doesn't want to infraction anyonesies >=).

Edit - Nice sig btw Zori

edit2 - i will contribute <_>

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Where's the part that tells you to ALWAYS try and spike your opponent with Dair? D:

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
okay heres a question, ill let you answer this chip :B ( since he's online, no offense santi lol )

one of the fine lines i find between good and pro players is the tempo of the battle. my crew is currently bringing in a sonic, one of his problems is he will just stay in one place and almost wait for something to happen. I never find myself in that situation, but what do you find to be the best option for TL as filler/mindgame/setups, etc.,etc.,etc.

Asking because i don't want to get predictable X.X

Alzi

Smash Master
Santi do you think it's better to grab with Z or X. Since i've recently been using x and i'm ok with it but somthing feels weird about me using it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Grabbing with X is fine so long as you use it to XAir. Obviously XAirs are better than ZAirs because it has an x in it.

I'm not trolling. I swear, I swear!!

Serious question.

Santi, are you teaming with Dojo for FS5? (I assume you are but I had to ask something since I don't wanna spam your thread. :p)

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Of course, of course. It all makes sense now.

http://i42.tinypic.com/33pcaj6.jpg

What do you think? =)
I was bored.
The background looks bad with that picture for some reason...

The TL is awesome though.

bad or BAAAD? =(
Womenz.

Call her house phone? Talk to her online?

DEAR SANTI,
I'm going to a huge tourny tomorrow, and at every tourny I go to I always get beat out by the same Lucario player. I **** his first 2 stocks, but when he's right about to lose, he'll throw me off the stage, and then stand at the edge. If I roll onto the stage he'll grab me or smash me. If I press B to get up, he'll shield grab. If I jump he'll jump up and use an aerial. If I ledge hop he'll shield grab me or just grab me if I don't attack.

What do I do? I was thinking about ledgehop to airdodge...but meh. I'm thinking of counterpicking stages like Brinstar or Norfair so I can attack from under the stage, and banning stages that he likes like Pictochat.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yea go ahead and post it first.
Personally I think it's TL advantage
6:4 give and take
Be warned it'll all be from one perspective.

Starting out the match, Toon Link will almost ALWAYS go for a SH to grab a bomb. Almost all TL's I've played almost always start with this. Drop eggs on their ***. It blows the bomb on them, so you get double damage. Toon Link will projectile fire back, but your Bair eats his arrows. It will also cancel the boomerang. Your projecile is harder for them to cancel because of the way it comes in, as it is for everyone. It arcs. So therefore they'd have to time the cancel if your barraging and egg pressuring them. If you alternate long thrown eggs with medium and approach while doing so, you've got him kind pinned. I'd stop about 4 Yoshi lengths away though, and go for a dash attack. It's so under used, but It's great! Because if you buffer it right you can peg them with another as they're getting up. And force them off the edge. You can throw little soft eggs off the edge a little bit back that drop a lot. These really mess with recovery and if they dodge that, after they initiate their B-Up, Dair to Nair them. This is a really good offstage combo that can, and will, kill.

Let's talk about aerials here, Toon Links will abuse Bair like an Asian hooker. No lies they will do it, as much as we use our bair. So, what to do when they start landing them on you? It does have a bit longer start up time than nair. Hmm, how bout nair? Duh! It will knock them back and give you control of the match again. So we got bair covered, nair is a good SH'er and Yoshi does good at avoiding those, so I'll not worry much about it. Fair is not that great since is sword is so short and lack good range. So you retreat a fair back, your disjoint would beat their fair. I'm fairly sure this works. Fair aslo is easily countered by a soft back egg momentum toss. Your momentum takes you back and the soft egg ***** them. I never see any Yoshi think to do this. I mean in the heat of battle I don't either. But it has some great capabilities. I've done something like it before. They're Uair is a pain, especially on stages like BF. It can under platform **** you and stays out for a long time. But luckily for us, it does stay out long, and can give you time to work around into a better position, if they whiff they're uair. Dair is also an annoyance, but it can be equally annoying for them. Since if they miss they're screwed, hardcore. You can easily punish them on this move, but if they do connect, they can double hit on you, and then follow up with Uair. This little string is a real shot to the nads. And can be really annoying at high percents. Oh! Let's move onto the Yosho recovery factor, which every TL always perfectly places Dairs on your DJ. WRONG. It doesn't happen like that, and is really hard to do so. You don't go out after Yoshi, or you will pay. Also, they always won't plummet to their death. They can pull out a bomb, jump out high. Z to drop the bomb and use Dair to recatch it. So if they do miss it explodes saving them before they die. But! If they do this, and they do miss. And you know they're not going to die, go down their and dair them. You get the kill, and they go bye-bye.

But let's focus on what TL can and will do to you now. His Fsmash has great range, and can trip you up. It also kills fairly easy. (Does anyone know if nair is fast enough to come out before the second hit?) So try to shield this, then punish with your tilts. Dsmash at around 20%, can launch you off the stage, and can put you in very bad situations. Usmash is fairly annoying to, and has a great hyphen use. So they will use this, so be prepared to dodge it, or shield punish it. If you see them coming you can also lay out a soft egg to hold them at bay, and follow it closely and then grab them. Then make use of your Dthrow, it works good in this match up. Dthrow to Bair works great. But don't try for Uair a lot, because they have time to recover enough for a dair on you. But if you angle your uair, it could be used to fake them. So if they dair. They will whiff and give you the edge. This match is all about thinking. Yoshi has the skill application advantage. When using them as they are needed it will throw the match in your favor.

TL's grabbing animation is quite mediocre, and comes out fast but stays out for a long time. So, make him miss you, then punish him! you have grabs over him, make him scared to try and grab you. This gets to their heads, fearing grabs because they know they have the chance of screwing up awfully.

Also, make use of your pivot grab and grab him out of his bair and other moves. It works great, and throws the match in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom