• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'd like the Brawl tourney on the 24th :( But if I'm the only one that's okay, I'll just come on the 7th. I won't cry too much about it.

Fabian - You don't want me on your team in Melee right now. LOL trust me. I constantly suicide cuz I don't know the range on the UP B anymore so I miss the sweetspot everytime. (In Brawl it has more range so I go real low, so now when I try thatin Melee i just miss and die)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Not against Metaknight. If I go over it just by a hair, I get down tilted. So I have to make sure the auto sweet spot occurs from below the sweetspot rather than from the edge or side. The problem isn't the sweet spot of it as much as that little second of time it takes to get the sweespot. Its hard to explain but I do need the precision with Peach in Brawl and its so different in Melee going back and forth total ruins me =/

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Melee on the 24th and 25 please. =P

I dunno, Melee and Brawl back to back would be kind of cool.

But, all in all, Melee on the 24th for sure. The game rocks too much to be on a sunday.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
hmm people are pretty split here bu i think Dreamhack's tournament kinda settles it.

If I host Brawl on the 24th, Melee will have to be on the 7th and that's gonna conflict with his Gamer's Universe tournament. But if I host Melee on the 24th, I can just cancel the reservations on the 7th since 2 Brawl tournaments is counter productive. I think I might have to go with the Melee on the 24th. On top of that people brought up good points about variety.

18th UCLA Brawl
24th Triweekly Melee
7th Gamer's Universe Brawl

Oh yeah there's also secret option C, uhhh I can book a Sunday and do Melee and Brawl back to back. The only catch is we have to be out of there by 7:30PM due to other reservations. So if this is the case, sign-ups will start at 9:30AM and the tournament will start at 10:30AM for the Sunday tournament. Gimme some more input SD. Personally I'm digging Melee on the 24th cuz it's a lot less trouble for me. But if there's enough demand otherwise I'm more than willing to help out SD.
Yeah Azn the way you have it sounds great! And I like it too! Brawl to a Melee tourney then back to Brawl! I say keep it how you have it and plus your right it would be less of a hassal, and we wouldn't have to be rushed to be out by 7:30. Also I wouldnt wanna make the drive up on a Sunday :(

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Alright so here what's happening and it's FINAL

Brawl will be Saturday May 24th as initially intended
Melee will be Sunday June 1st

All the start times will remain the same for the Brawl tournament and there will be an earlier start time for the Melee tournament due to limited time owning the lodge. I can only have it until 7:30 PM.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Alright so here what's happening and it's FINAL

Brawl will be Saturday May 24th as initially intended
Melee will be Sunday June 1st

All the start times will remain the same for the Brawl tournament and there will be an earlier start time for the Melee tournament due to limited time owning the lodge. I can only have it until 7:30 PM.
All right then..... :ohwell: Its final now so imma try to show up for that melee tourney!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Upcoming Triweeklies - May 24th Brawl - June 1st Melee

When:
May 24th, 2008
10:00 AM for warm-ups and setting-up
12:00 PM Tournament will start, no exceptions
9:00 PM Clean up
10:00 PM Tournament must end, no exceptions

Where:

University of California: San Diego
Sixth College Lodge
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla CA, 92092

Schedule:

10:00AM Doors open for setting up
11:00AM Friendlies and Sign-ups
12:00PM Doubles Tournament
3:45PM Doubles Finals
4:00PM Singles Tournament
9:00PM Singles Finals
9:15PM Clean up and Friendlies
10:00PM Must be out of the venue.

Tournament Rules:

Singles and Doubles:
Double Elimination
Team Attack ON
Items OFF
8:00 Time Limit
3 stock
All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Stages:
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:

$5.00 - Singles Entry
$10.00 - Doubles Entry ($5.00 per person)

Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%
Doubles 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%

NOTE: $50.00 will be taken from the pot in order to pay for the venue fee.

Azn Lep: (760) 580-6774

BRING SETUPS - WE WILL NEED TVS, WIIS, AND COPIES OF BRAWL

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i'll be here...
it's been a while san diego.

look out for biweeklies over summer fo sho

ps. i'll take mm's vs my gannon.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, how's it going? Just popped in to say that I am moving in a month or so to San Fransisco due to financial problems (our economy is going down the ****ter...very badly). I'm going to try my best to attend the next triweekly. In the meantime, anyone in my area want to smash it up? 64, melee, brawl...w/e...I just want to play lol. :cool:

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Sorry about that! :(

Somebody myspace/facebook/aim/call/yell at me when it needs to be updated, please :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Kyle, Hearts and Smiles? :]
haha...hey rick...my bad for missing your call..i got off work at 10:30 yesterday...i usually get off at around 10:30 normally. sorry bro. hit me up before 1:30pm or after 10:30pm and i can play. lol

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Yeah...definitely not going on the 24th. >_> I'd rather do community service at a home. Which is what I'm doing.

Definitely showing up on the 1st, though.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
UGH, FINALLY. SDSU is done with school. ****. I'm free at last.

Rip it up at UCLA6 SD, show everyone them skeez.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Hay guyz. What's been up?

I'm going to give Brawl another try and show up at this saturday's tournament... with my new secret main! ...that everybody probably already knows/doesn't care about. =P

yep. can't wait to see everybody again. :D

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
More Sonic hate. I love it.

Sonic sucks. :chuckle:

I'm going to give Brawl another try and show up at this saturday's tournament... with my new secret main! ...that everybody probably already knows/doesn't care about. =P

Oh, man. No more toon link? If your new main is snake, you're not cool anymore. :chuckle:

LHG

Smash Journeyman

Whoever it is... NO MORE DITTOS FOR THIS GAME. :)

Top Bottom