• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
what do you mean "caught"? because if u mean like someone goes under the stage and cant get above it...it was the same in melee. because pokemon stadium is a stage held up by a big metal bar under it (alot of jiggs players know about that stupid pole) so if u go underneath that stage in melee you run into that same problem.
That's what I read. Supposedly it's worse in brawl than in melee.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how different the crowd is going to be between the two tournaments. It's been a while.

You know San Marcos is down for both though. =D

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Hey. Its that time again..

The UCLA tentative list is looking like:

Confirmed:
Hall
Bone
Chubs
Oats
AznLep? <3
Nicktendo? <3
Awex?
Seige?

Hopefuls:
Rickety? <3
Kyle?
J Flo?
Pnoy? (TEAM WITH ME if you don't have a partner yet)
LHG?

TJ Tourny:
Dreamhack.

Let me know.

K, Thanks.

Updated: 5/13 (7:32AM)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

Confirmed:
Hall
Bone
Chubs
Oats
AznLep? <3
Nicktendo? <3
Awex?
LHG?
Seige?
Dreamhack?

Hopefuls:
Rickety? <3
Kyle?
J Flo?

Let me know.

K, Thanks.

Man I wish I could go to this but I dont got the money to go up there!!! But im prolly gonna hit up the Tournament in TJ if I can! I really gotta hit up another melee tournament.....

LHG

Smash Journeyman

Confirmed:
Hall
Bone
Chubs
Oats
AznLep? <3
Nicktendo? <3
Awex?
LHG?
Seige?
Dreamhack?

Hopefuls:
Rickety? <3
Kyle?
J Flo?

Let me know.

K, Thanks.
Boooooooone. As much as we'd like to go, SM doesn't know if we're gonna go to this one. It being on a Sunday makes it iffy, school night johns for them even though my last final is the saturday before that sunday.

seigehyland

Smash Ace

Confirmed:
Hall
Bone
Chubs
Oats
AznLep? <3
Nicktendo? <3
Awex?
Seige

Hopefuls:
Rickety? <3
Kyle?
J Flo?
LHG?

TJ Tourny:
Dreamhack.

Let me know.

K, Thanks.

Updated: 5/13 (7:32AM)

I'll be there for sure Bone....

darn...festizzio was gunna team with me, but he already teamed with kira..im teammateless..=( anyone wanna team?

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'm going to try to make it, if I can get a ride :) :) :)

If I have a final on monday, though, I don't think I'd be able to make it :(

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Thank you Seige for letting me play with you! :]

seigehyland

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to make it, if I can get a ride :) :) :)

If I have a final on monday, though, I don't think I'd be able to make it :(

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Thank you Seige for letting me play with you! :]

any time rick. but awww. i would give you a ride, but im riding with someone else. it wont be the same UCLA without you, so you haveto go

seigehyland

Smash Ace
D*mn you guys are making this tourney sound too good!!!! Plus I want another crack at festizzio and his freakin Pikachu!!! Hahahaha...... Man now I really wanna go!!!
haha...yah man...festizzio's pikachu is ridiculously good. Dreamhack...you haveto go to UCLA. cancel all of your previous plans. you must go. they are too fun. the smash community is too good. lol

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
haha...yah man...festizzio's pikachu is ridiculously good. Dreamhack...you haveto go to UCLA. cancel all of your previous plans. you must go. they are too fun. the smash community is too good. lol
Man I wish!!! I just dont have the money for all that. Yeah when I used to really suck I played Festizzio and his pikachu..... Cause I housed him for the UCSD Winter Smash Fest so I got worked bad by him! But now that I got better I want another crack at him!!! LOL!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmmmm just found out that the 31st is booked so.... yeah

I'll leave some stuff up to you guys, I can get the Lodge for the 7th. That said, do we want Melee on the 24th or the 7th?

seigehyland

Smash Ace
melee on the 24th sounds good to me. the sooner the better.

UCLA 18th (brawl)
UCSD 24th (melee)
UCSD Jun 7th (brawl)

the alternating tourneys sound good

P.S. Azn Lep..thanks for all the work you put into booking the UCSD venues bro...we appreciate the hell outta that...whatever you can get is fine.

LHG

Smash Journeyman

I'll leave some stuff up to you guys, I can get the Lodge for the 7th. That said, do we want Melee on the 24th or the 7th?
Pat, the thing about the 7th is I think Dreamhack's tournament conflicts with the triweekly schedule again that day like before.

Anyway, I was watching videos (LOL) out of boredom and I say MELEE ON THE 24TH. And ditto with EVERYTHING Seige said. Alternating tournies, thanks for the effort put into the triweeklies, and the like.

Hall

Smash Ace
If you host it we shall come, and alternating tournies should keep things interesting so my vote is for the 24th.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
That's what I read. Supposedly it's worse in brawl than in melee.
From what I've experienced, the different camera angle in Brawl is a huge problem in Pokemon Stadium 1, relative to Melee. The way the level is built, the level blocks your view of where you need to line up to grab the ledge every once in a while. Generally not a huge problem, but if the camera gets in the wrong place (depends on where your opponent stands, etc.), it can result in some pretty stupid deaths.

Most of this experience is as Toon Link, for the record.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I suggest keeping Brawl on the 24th. You've already announced it, the date for one tourny may have changed, but it'll be even more disconcerting to change both.

That's just my 2 cents.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

Hey Azn Im having the 2nd Gamers Universe Tourney on the 7th so if you can not book it that day that would be better!!!! So im saying the 24.....

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hmm people are pretty split here bu i think Dreamhack's tournament kinda settles it.

If I host Brawl on the 24th, Melee will have to be on the 7th and that's gonna conflict with his Gamer's Universe tournament. But if I host Melee on the 24th, I can just cancel the reservations on the 7th since 2 Brawl tournaments is counter productive. I think I might have to go with the Melee on the 24th. On top of that people brought up good points about variety.

18th UCLA Brawl
24th Triweekly Melee
7th Gamer's Universe Brawl

Oh yeah there's also secret option C, uhhh I can book a Sunday and do Melee and Brawl back to back. The only catch is we have to be out of there by 7:30PM due to other reservations. So if this is the case, sign-ups will start at 9:30AM and the tournament will start at 10:30AM for the Sunday tournament. Gimme some more input SD. Personally I'm digging Melee on the 24th cuz it's a lot less trouble for me. But if there's enough demand otherwise I'm more than willing to help out SD.

anto

Smash Apprentice
just do melee on every single one of those days :p. haha 24th sounds good to me woo i'll see everyone a week earlier o yea and if mcp cant make it i'll need a doubles partner :D

seigehyland

Smash Ace
hmm people are pretty split here bu i think Dreamhack's tournament kinda settles it.

If I host Brawl on the 24th, Melee will have to be on the 7th and that's gonna conflict with his Gamer's Universe tournament. But if I host Melee on the 24th, I can just cancel the reservations on the 7th since 2 Brawl tournaments is counter productive. I think I might have to go with the Melee on the 24th. On top of that people brought up good points about variety.

18th UCLA Brawl
24th Triweekly Melee
7th Gamer's Universe Brawl

Oh yeah there's also secret option C, uhhh I can book a Sunday and do Melee and Brawl back to back. The only catch is we have to be out of there by 7:30PM due to other reservations. So if this is the case, sign-ups will start at 9:30AM and the tournament will start at 10:30AM for the Sunday tournament. Gimme some more input SD. Personally I'm digging Melee on the 24th cuz it's a lot less trouble for me. But if there's enough demand otherwise I'm more than willing to help out SD.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Top Bottom