• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Good tournament. San Diego is a great community with a lot of players and chill people. Hope you guys start hosting more often

Many things I want to say about my sets vs sung and j666 but it won't change anything and will just make me sound saltier.

However sung I truly believe u should have money matched me considering the next time I'll see you is very likelY apex

Edit: but good job guys, u won fair and square

:phone:

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Don't give me that stab, you obviously don't think our wins were legit.

You truly believe I should have MM'd you? Are you joking? The whole time DURING our set you were johning about your controller and literally yelling at me. And DURING my set against fly in GF you said for me to MM you after I lose to Fly. Like wtf was that supposed to accomplish get out of my face. Why in heavens name would I MM you just so you can complain about your controller even more NO ONE is having fun. It was truly pathetic when you were begging me to play friendlies with you afterwards.

Seriously though you had your chance to buy a new controller MONTHS AGO and you didn't, and throughout these tournaments you keep johning about your controller so you know what, keep doing that and keep thinking you're THAT much better than everyone else cause you're only hurting yourself.

Sung: why did you stop playing in the middle of our teams game? I like 2 v 1 situations :)
Because stab killed me for no reason.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Massive call outs from Sung.

Sucks I didn't get to see the SD crew/others, shoutouts to Zen for getting 5th though

Alan: it was fun teaming with you :D
Fly: I got wrecked. Thanks for being the first super pro I've played, lol.
Jun: I really appreciate you paying for me. Btw, I don't go by glow anymore, haha.
Sung: why did you stop playing in the middle of our teams game? I like 2 v 1 situations :)
Pat: thanks for running the tournament, dude.

It was good seeing you all. Also, I left my power strip there. What happened to it? :awesome:

:phone:
pretty sure your power strip is still there. i went by afterwards and saw one.

also dope tourney. all smashed out for now though haha

Jun.

Smash Lord
Thank you Oxy & Irvine for coming! Hope you guys had a good time. (The food was sickkkk huh!?)

Pat - Thanks for helping (actually running) the tournament. Got a taste of how hectic and wack it is at times
Combofest - Beat Ken in a match, lose to a SD random Yoshi? oh and "dude this is too strong" WTF?
Fumi - ^ see above good **** (def not a random)
Zen - What was harder, the SATs or this tournament lol. Let's hope it was the latter.
Sung - dude you're actually good wtf?
Fly - Venting your rage towards idiot undergrads by winning tournaments I see
Stab - Your laptop is being held hostage
Wretched - holy crap that set was bonkers. Sorry about the camping at the end. Had to be done =/
Rus - f you

SD - we're pretty damn cool

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No problem. I really wish we could've gotten some friendlies in because I was learning really fast while playing you. Also, I didn't even notice any camping. Just seemed like you turned up the pressure and spaced really well in the end.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, I recently moved to San Diego. El Cajon to be specific. I was living in Missouri and I moved for work about a month and a half ago.

fallennova

Smash Cadet
Hey! I don't think you did poorly in teams, when Stab and I had to play our first team I was surprised at how much trouble yall were givin us. And yea I'll def come down to SD for sure it's a great venue and there were a lot of different people and styles to practice from (most likely after winter break [after Jan. 21st >>]). And holy you upload vids super quick..

Shoutouts:

Jun - Thanks for hostin with Pat, didn't get to play ya though
Pat - Thanks for the kind words and your grab missed cause I was D throwing Nana (there are certain frames of every throw animation where you're invulnerable) you got some nice grab combos on Sunny
Sunny - Wish we got to play more wanted that fox exp
Max - You have my gratitude for the chocolate muffin, I'll keep my promise for sure
Zen - You are super interesting can't really explain, I think people who play mario have an interesting style with their other characters. I had to be completely on point.
Fallennova - Nice pika, saw you do some hilarious vertical gimps on YS on a samus
JC - Hope ya remember those little things I told you
Other SD people I met in bracket but forgot - Sorry guys :[
FOX - I love the way you play

Fly - I was adapting but you out-adapted me I had a lot of fun endurance training
Stab - Stop getting so salty, and you can't just blame it on your controller. I just don't understand if you get that angry then why don't you just break in a brand new controller (Especially since this has happened multiple times...) no johns. Gj in teams you ***** really hard and if you have anything to say on our play then that'd be great.
Crimson - I give you a ton of flak for not trying, not practicing, johning... but it's only because I think you can be so much better than that
Wes - You came all this way just to sleep in my car
J666 - Good job Jsex, have you earned your 3rd 6? BBQ cheese burger med rare with macaroni salad?! We're twins
Brandon Hatfield - Ya already know, don't get down always try to stay as positive as you can and these are all fun learning experiences
Combofest - Cool guy.
JDM - Cooler guy.
thanks bro
and glad someone else saw the **** on patricks samus haha :p

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey sorry for flaming out of the tourney and going to sleep in the car. Wes & I just had very, very little sleep the night before and I was reaaaallly tired. Those OXY smashfests go deep in the night lol

Luckily, after my (5 hour) nap, I was well rested and able to enjoy dat BBQ. So good.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Hey, just to let everyone know, Gold Dart and I are going to have a smashfest on Monday, so anyone who wants to smash feel free to come!

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
So two options:
a) At UCSD
b) At Gold Dart's house

But this will depend on who comes:
If most people who want to come are from UCSD, it will be in UCSD, or if it's more convenient, it will be at Gold Dart's house.

We haven't officially decided on a time, but I would guess it wouldn't be to far from 1 o'clock.
Maybe we can finalize a date/time today, or if not tomorrow, but just trying to get a feel who would be interested in going so we can make it convenient for those who wish to come.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
The smashfest will be at my place since I won't be able to get to UCSD on Monday.

Feel free to come anytime after noon. @wretched: We never did get to finish that match between your falco and my ICs at Resurrection. Hope to see you on Monday

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
According to google maps, I live 18 minutes away. If anyone is going and they want to give me a lift, I'd be willing to pay you like five bucks in gas/time money.

Top Bottom