• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i'll be at ken's and mike's biweekly.
i'll be at the triweekly if it is on the 21st
i'll be at nexus if it is 28th...

smash is too fun.

GAMELINK

Smash Rookie
Smash bros at San Marcos has been rescheduled due to conflicts...check updates on San Marcos thread.

Rickety

Peace and Love
PC Game Link of San Marcos, message me on AIM: meyoulou

Let's talk :]

I go to Palomar College, maybe I could stop by there tomorrow and speak with you guys in person :]

<3
rick

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
I see Arcueid over in Tim's sig *_* Melty Blood is awesome. We should definitely play sometime.
Sweet!!! Hey what version do you have? I only have Re Act Final Tuned on my laptop but, I'm saving up for a Japanese Playstation 2 so I can play Act Cadenza soon.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i want to come to kens biweekly... but, things are looking very dim. i have unfinished business with manacloud.. LOL. my life has been so terrible. rick call me for once. i dont have time for anything anymore.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hopefully the venue gets figured out soon. I realize it was out of your hands, but last time I dropped a lot of things to come to the triweekly just to find out that it was cancelled.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Sweet!!! Hey what version do you have? I only have Re Act Final Tuned on my laptop but, I'm saving up for a Japanese Playstation 2 so I can play Act Cadenza soon.
We have ReAct Final Tuned on our computer, and we also have Swap Magic and Act Cadenza for the ps2(burned XP). Do you already have a ps2? you should look into swap magic... it's definitely a lot cheaper than buying another ps2. AND it plays burned games.

I like to use Arcueid and Tohno =)

In regards to my banner, it was a good try. XD I can see so many mistakes in it, but oh well. i'll do better next time.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, i got lucky against Mango. I would have beat him, but he has a cool mustache beard combo i cant counter. XD

Edress, was anyone able to get the lodge at the sixth college to you? and when is Triweekley 14 gonna happen? I cant wait to get owned....

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol steal kira well that sucks you and kira worked really well together you guys were ****** me and mango until the last two matches and i went crazy but boss, ur a good jiggs who wouldnt want that on there team?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I have been doing some thinking and have to make an announcement.

Some career decisions lately for me and it turns out I'm gonna indeed graduate, so I've been frantically looking for a job and working to finish up on my classes. I've been quite busy actually. I wanted to still hold these tri weeklies and work on the venues and everything, but after the whole ordeal the other week, I spent so much time trying to fix it and look for a new one it really got me too busy and I didn't have time for it. I honestly don't have the time to be searching for another venue right now, or worrying about whether they catch us or not by holding it at Oceanview and then collecting money elsewhere. So therefore I'm going to have to announce that I can no longer hold tri weeklies/find venues for them. I'm sorry but life has caught up with me. I'm still going to most smash tournaments, because that's just a Saturday commitment, but I can't spend time on the weekdays to organize and deal with smash and tourney info. Maybe someone can step up to help Rickety hold them in my place, but last week convinced me I don't have the time to deal with it if something comes up like that again. There's also the whole checks thing, as Ken, Arash, Chu and the other winners of the ballroom tri weekly din't get their money, and it's strain for me because I have to meet with the school to talk about it, and their available times are really ****ty and I have to sacrifice sleep or study time to make them. It's just stuff like that that I can't make the commitment to because I want to use that time for other things in my life. I'll still be smashing just as much but I dont have the time for tournament running. Sorry guys.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
: (

No more tri weeklies hits me hard

Edress, i hope you land a good job.

I want to step it up, but im not sure how i would go about it, ill ask rick.

: ( will the tri weeklies end? tune in next time on Dragon Ball Z!!!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Man that sucks =/ Good luck with your schooling though Edrees. I see why you're not holding them anymore, and I nor the rest of San Diego (I'm sure) will blame you for it. I just hope I still get to see you around for smashing periodically =P

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone is going to blame you Edrees. You've helped to run some of the biggest triweeklies that we've ever seen. Finding someone to fill that gap, however, will be a challenge. What are the requirements for such a role? I would imagine I would have the free time to do such, I also typically get knocked out of my first two matches so I'd be free to focus on the tournament after such time. However, I don't know know a lot of people, a lot of people don't know me, I'm still not entirely familiar with the tournament rules, or how to coordinate checks and such things. Also, as I've been wrapped up in things like my church's musical I haven't been able to be very active.

In any case, good luck with school and figuring things out there.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I don't think finding the people to run these things will be a problem -- I know that most of RB is willing to pitch in the effort (myself included). The real problem will be finding an affordable venue that's still in the middle of everyone, allowing just as many people to fit and come to the triweeklies.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
wow thats unfortunate.

im sure no one will blame you edrees. life catches up with all of us at some point. id love to help rickety with everything though, like tony, im unsure of how to go about it.

i guess its time San Diego stepped up to help keep these tournaments goin.

good luck with everythin Edrees.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
come on san diego.

Rickety, I want to help you on this. I'll call you once im out of work.

Ontop of all of this. I need everyone to tell me how far they're willing to travel into San Diego for a tournament. I understand that all of you live up in north sd but, we still have to carry this show. We've all been participating as a community for quite some time so, as Edreese put it- we need to step it up. Edreese has been part of our community & supporting us for a while now so its our turn to help him & rickety out by finding a different venue we might be able to hold this at. please dont hesitate to contact Rickety or I about it. Other than that, please keep looking for alternatives and help out kids.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
lol steal kira well that sucks you and kira worked really well together you guys were ****** me and mango until the last two matches and i went crazy but boss, ur a good jiggs who wouldnt want that on there team?

yea dude, our matches were too fun. it was nice meeting u and mango too. and yea, u went freaking nuts on yoshi's story.. ***** the **** out of me. hope to see u guys soon.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Thank you, everyone, for your show of support :]

If we want to have more triweeklies without having to leave San Diego, and if we want OC3 to happen in San Diego, it's time that we all work as a team to help find venues and donate :]

More on this later!

<3
rick

LHG

Smash Journeyman
The Power Is Yours!

Ontop of all of this. I need everyone to tell me how far they're willing to travel into San Diego for a tournament. I understand that all of you live up in north sd but, we still have to carry this show. We've all been participating as a community for quite some time so, as Edreese put it- we need to step it up.
Yeah, I agree with the fact that we need to step it up as a Smash community and can't leave this all on a handful of people's shoulders. I, for one, don't want the Triweekly's to end even after only going to a few of them, so SD, let's step this one up and everyone pitch in somehow. :)

As for how far into San Diego I'd go for a tournament, I could do anywhere in San Diego for the most part.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
whhaaaat? Edrees is graduating? Hmm... But, but I already commited to UCSD. Hmmzz... maybe I can switch it to UCLA and play Aesis and the gang up there, lol (who the hell uses smash to determine their college?) Well bummer to hear that Edrees won't be in charge of securing a venue, tri weeklies are going to be tremendously harder to run going venue to venue. Well... not sure when the next tri weekly is going to be, but I'd be more than happy to hold ESCO-II sometime in the near future.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
ill talk with some people at ERC, perhaps we could use my colleges facilities, i will report back with info.

quick question- on average how many people come to triweeklies?

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Ricky, maybe you should make a notice on the first post to ask all San Diegans to ask a single place they can think of to host a Triweekly. If we have 50+ people ask a single venue each, we definitely could find a place! I've got a couple in mind, give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Top Bottom