• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I would go to the Triweekly, but unfortunately I'm being assailed by an army of pikachus.

Sorry guys. =/

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I just confirmed the venue today. Both Saturday's aren't available, so the tri weekly will be Wednesday, April 11 (it's the only real compromise between 7th and 14th which aren't available) starting 11am. Hopefully the harmony crew battle can happen this time!

Arash

Smash Lord
a wednesday?

i might not be able to make it, depends on my boss and his travel plans....

i'll confirm in about a week or so

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I just confirmed the venue today. Both Saturday's aren't available, so the tri weekly will be Wednesday, April 11 (it's the only real compromise between 7th and 14th which aren't available) starting 11am. Hopefully the harmony crew battle can happen this time!
April fools? :lick:

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
This april fools joke does not make me happy.

Yes, both Smashboard's and Edrees'. Well, I almost believed Edrees until I remembered what date it is.

But come on, Smashboards. More effort plz.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i'm 20 now.....wtf lol, tomorrow is ricks bday, so early happy bday man =)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Happy Birthday Jeff! <3

Harmony Senior! :-P

We're not maturing, we're just aging! :]

Hearts to everyone out there! And extra special ones to Pokemon! <3

<3
PKMN Trainer Rickety

Edit: To Celebrate this wonderful day,
for today only I will have my pokemon banners!

Even Tony's getting some Pokemon Love! His banner has gone from this:

To This!

<3
Yeahyuz!

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
....too....many....

PIKACHUS!!!! WAAAAAAH!!

Charizard FTW. RED VERSION FO LIFE SON! (and Silver too.)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Why hasn't the first post been updated with the venue and date information? It's pretty close now.

disclaimer at least 1155 of my posts do not contain an april fools

Rickety

Peace and Love
Please Bring TV's and Cubes!

rick u left ur cell at kyle's house. call kyle 277-1952.
Wow! :-P I'm so forgetful!

happy late bday Jeff. and Happy late bday to Rickety.
Thank you! <333

Why hasn't the first post been updated with the venue and date information? It's pretty close now.

disclaimer at least 1155 of my posts do not contain an april fools
April Mindgames!

HAHAHA

So anyways, Taj will also be coming to this one. We should get some asian food again!
Yay! The AZ duo is returning to San Diego!

doesn't look like i'll be coming anymore
Why not? :-(

You should add "Neal" to the list of names in the topic.
Done and done!

---

Very Important!

We have updated the rules of the Triweekly, including the pot distribution! Please check it out!

Some Important Changes:

Wobbling is banned!

The Doubles Random Select has been streamlined!

In regards of banning neutral stages:

We are taking VOTES on whether or not banning neutrals are allowed! Please Vote! (AND your reasons for or against it)

Should You be allowed to ban Neutral Stages?
Yes Votes: 4
No Votes: 3

Please check out the first post!

<3
rickety

P.S.

P.P.S.
Happy Birthday to Me!

forward

Smash Champion
No banning neutrals, only striking them off of random. I think that's the best way.

Also, does anyone want to house AZ for the weekend?

romeo619

Smash Ace
remember it's 11 AM doubles start

venue opens at 10, don't be late B1TCHEZZZZZZZZZZZz we want this to run smoooothly as possible.

and TVs and cubes and VCRs.

and happy bday rickety

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday Rickety

I vote that we should be allowed to ban neutral stages.

Reason: Neutral stages generally seem to favor the higher tier characters. Battlefield and Yoshi's Story favor Marth. Dreamland 64 favors Peach and Samus. Final Destination favors Fox, Falco, and Shiek. These characters shouldn't be relying on the fact that their good stage isn't going to be banned when they're against a lower tier character.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ice Climbers should be able to ban Dreamland and Yoshi's Story. No other character should be able to ban any neutrals.

JK. I gotta go with the "allow neutral bans" crowd.

forward

Smash Champion
What about finals? If people ban neutral stages for finals then people will have to resort to cruise and corneria for finals matches, when they may not want to.

If you just strike a neutral from random, then u don't have to worry about it playing ur primary character, and if they counter pick that stage, u can still change character.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Neutrals: Ban them, or not?
Voting Closes at Midnight tonight!

Yes: 7
No: 3

Forward has a good idea, though; the only thing that bothers me about this though, is that we streamlined the rules in part to help run the tournament smoother. The past couple triweeklies have been very stressful for Edrees and I, and we are going to take great lengths to make sure things run quickly.

Speaking of running smoothly, Edrees and I have been stressed out from running these past triweeklies, on account of the ever-increasing amount of people, the lack of TV's, and the time it takes for people to find eachother and play their match (this is especially a problem during doubles) Edrees and I want people to focus on running the tournament first, with friendlies and money-matches later.

I think that the only friendlies should be played from 10:00-11:00, then start doubles, then once most teams are gone, to start singles. Afterwards, we can play friendlies and money match eachother to our hearts content :]

Also, be on the lookout for the FRIENDLY FIVE: 5 people we have noticed seem to jump to an open TV immediately after a match is played, when they should let that TV be reserved for tournament matches.

(in order of severity :-P )

Vietgamer1021
The BOSS
Dave1000
Tp_Fox
Zack353

Please recognize that we need to run a tournament quickly and efficiently, and that we just want to finish it so we can all play and have fun! Not so Edrees and I can get a headache :-P And if we finish quickly, we might actually be able to do crews for a change!

Those who hold up the tournament will have to answer to my big muscles. :-P

<3
rickety

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
My friends and I will most likely be able to make it on the 7th and if we do, we'll have a tv and cube with us as usual.

I vote that we should be able to ban neutral stages pretty much for the same reasons as Juice. Also because that's the way I'm used to playing it; In past triweekly matches I've played, my opponents as well as myself have banned neutral stages.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
I vote that we should be able to ban neutral stages pretty much for the same reasons as Juice. Also because that's the way I'm used to playing it; In past triweekly matches I've played, my opponents as well as myself have banned neutral stages.
Pretty much the same thing is why I vote YES for ban, though Forward did have a good point. The tournament's are getting harder and harder to run, and hopefully this rule will show change.

SOMEONE BRING A MEGAPHONE SO YOU CAN BE HEARD BEING CALLED FOR YOU NEXT MATCH. :psycho:

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Anyone here use wobbles alot? I need to play some matches with you guys. How much money do you want per match to go up against me?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Poor Rickety and Edrees - seems Socal tourneys are more commonly breaking the 90+ barrier. More staff is needed??

SOMEONE HOUSE FORWARD + TAJ FOR THEY R 2 COOL!!! I WOULD!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
ahahahaha... the friendly five! so funny... and so true! lol. yea i should work on that; thing is, i leave immideatly when a tourney match is up though. but i shall work on it anyway, oceanside should be able to bring 2 tvs and 2 cubes.

neutral for ban!

Top Bottom