• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
on a somewhat related note: Pat, are the people who signed up for the rec class going to get waived entry/venue for this triweekly?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yes. rec class folks get one free entry to either event.

Bring set-ups and stuff (power strips, extension cords, etc). Come as early as 10, we'll be starting doubles at 12:00.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace

Bring set-ups and stuff (power strips, extension cords, etc). Come as early as 10, we'll be starting doubles at 12:00.
Who do you think you are Pat?!?
I'll go whenever I want.
Gosh.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman

Alrighty, I don't think I'll enter teams, so I'll be there for singles.

Who do you think you are Pat?!?
I'll go whenever I want.
Gosh.
*****, did we say you can speak?

Btw, rest of the M@M II vids are up. Here's the playlist because I'm too lazy to link the individual matches.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLBD14E642E958D29A

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
i put one of the rec setups upstairs in the lodge. This one sometimes has problems with falcon/zelda matchup; it will fail to read disc after selecting characters.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
tai has a place to stay at in sd but if anyone would be down to house him for a weekend or something he said he'd be down. tai come confirm all this

oh so youre staying in san diego over summer? tight. me leeland and antonio will probably hit you up a lot over break to play/chill since youre so close
pretty much that

like, i'm visiting my uncle in SD for a day or two

after that, i would rather only stay and play with smashers

but if no one wants to house me, i could go back to my uncle's

LuCKy

Smash Master
mannnn wish i had seen this.i wouldve gone to irvine or something and tried to catch a ride lol oh well x[

absolutely love this venue

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
mannnn wish i had seen this.i wouldve gone to irvine or something and tried to catch a ride lol oh well x[

absolutely love this venue
Woot. SD is pretty awesome.

Great games to everyone I played.
Today was fun.

SD: We're awesome.
Irvine: You're awesome.
AZ: You're awesome.
Eric: Good teaming with you. We are definitely better than how we were today. :(
Sunny: Don't stop believing.
Pat: My hero.
Yuta: I'll try to implement The Jesse to greater effect.
Anto: Big stages.
Jkun: Hi.
Spark: You're fun. Look forward to playing you again.
Connor: Fun Dittos. I think pre-game naps are cool.
Kyle: Link is cool. So is keyboard controller.
Richard: Falco. 2-2. Let's settle it next time. ;)
Macitty Mac: That one stock I took off was pretty cool.
Zhu: Friendly.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Doubles
1: Zhu + Fly (Zhu + Fly)
2: Maple + Pnoy (Maple + Pnoy)
3: MacD + Connor (MacD + Connor)
4: Electric Dragon 80000 Volts (Stab + Hyprid)
5: Eric + Jesse (Eric + Jesse)
5: Anto + Combofest (Anto + Combofest)
7: Okami + Signia (Okami + Signia)
7: YCZ6 + St. Patrick (YCZ6 + St. Patrick)
9: Ky + Yuta (Ky + Yuta)
9: Jkun + Spark (Jkun + Spark)
9: The Darkside of the Sun (Sunny + Jun)
9: Radical Dreamer + Kcal (Radical Dreamer + Kcal)
13: Pat + Mariko (Pat + Mariko)
13: The Franchise (Engdrew + Tristan)

Singles
1: Fly
2: Zhu
3: MacD
4: Connor
5: Pat
5: Jesse
7: Pnoy
7: Stab
9: Okami
9: Maple
9: Hyprid
9: Spark
13: Jun
13: Eric
13: Sunny
13: Jkun

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Kyle should have won this. His controller was ridiculously cool. I'm so jealous.

ggs to McCain and Kyle, and whoever else I played in pools and doubles. Fly, your Falco is amazing.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
jhjdsabfkjdsbbfk

shoutouts
nice seeing everyone
If I played you - ggs
If I lost to you - I'm going to absolutely **** you next time we play
If I touched your **** - sup jason
kyle - <333333333333333

ComboFest

Smash Lord
The important shoutouts.

SD - *****.
Ky - Next time. Maybe.
Kyle - has the greatest controller in the world. (aka The Great)
Pinoy - The Greatest

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
While getting upset is for sure counter productive, I don't think being calm and peaceful will keep you alert enough to do your best.
I think he means for you to not dwell on your losses so negatively. It isn't healthy to be so fixated on winning that the only thing you say to those who beat you is "I'm going to absolutely **** you next time we play". It'll cloud your judgment and you will make things too personal.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Another smasher falls victim to LoL

Edit: Well, I guess not so much since Jun plays HoN

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah I played LoL in it's early days and decided that it wasn't as good as DotA/kind of boring. I've thought about giving it another shot, but meh, I think I'll just wait till DotA 2 comes out and hope it doesn't suck.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I was talking to someone at M@M about LoL vs dota. My sentiments lie with Pat as well. LoL is just plain boring to me. My conversation went something like this:

1. The lack of denying males lane control so much easier.
2. Skills are so easily spammed for farming as well as low cooldowns which make mana management pointless late game and even for certain characters early game.
3. Item builds and hero synergy doesn't seem to matter as much. (I may be wrong here)
4. Farming is insanely easy.
5. Map control isnt as important in LoL based on tp mechanics and lack of tp scrolls and boots of travel. Team fights just dont happen as often when you can't tp to your tower to help out an ally.
6. Ganks are obvious. Reason is #5.
7. Complete lack of juking tactics in LoL. Haven't seen any pro jukes or maybe I'm not playing at a high enough level to see someone completely juke the **** out of me.

Seriously just waiting on dota2. Else I'd go with hon

EDIT: annoying phone icon + minor spelling

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I played LoL in it's early days and decided that it wasn't as good as DotA/kind of boring. I've thought about giving it another shot, but meh, I think I'll just wait till DotA 2 comes out and hope it doesn't suck.
I want to say DotA 2 will be good, because it's made by Valve but I have some doubts. I know for TF2, they basically cut all the corners off of TFC, removed grenades , bhopping, conc jumping, and other exploits that made TFC great.

I don't like their decision of adding hats and new weapons every other patch for two reasons: it clutters the game visually and causes imbalance (though, I miss being able to 1-shot a medic with the Equalizer), but does keep the game fresh and it's great that the developers are giving free content to their player base (unlike IW with CoD. **** paid DLC).

Definitely going to buy it though.

I was talking to someone at M@M about LoL vs dota. My sentiments lie with Pat as well. LoL is just plain boring to me. My conversation went something like this:

1. The lack of denying males lane control so much easier.
2. Skills are so easily spammed for farming as well as low cooldowns which make mana management pointless late game and even for certain characters early game.
3. Item builds and hero synergy doesn't seem to matter as much. (I may be wrong here)
4. Farming is insanely easy.
5. Map control isnt as important in LoL based on tp mechanics and lack of tp scrolls and boots of travel. Team fights just dont happen as often when you can't tp to your tower to help out an ally.
6. Ganks are obvious. Reason is #5.
7. Complete lack of juking tactics in LoL. Haven't seen any pro jukes or maybe I'm not playing at a high enough level to see someone completely juke the **** out of me.

Seriously just waiting on dota2. Else I'd go with hon

EDIT: annoying phone icon + minor spelling
I've never really played DotA so some questions:
1. How does a melee champion lane against a ranged champion in DotA? I know that the developers in LoL removed denying to streamline the game and supposedly reduce the imbalance between melee and ranged champions during laning. The imbalance in LoL is still there, melee champs without the ability to harass will go starved.

2. I suppose. Does DotA have cooldown reduction items? Or champions that don't rely on mana but on other resources like health?

3. No idea about DotA. A lot of items work on multiple champions in LoL.

4. No comment

5&6. Map control or map awareness? It's true that you can't immediately teleport to an allied unit/structure without the use of a summoner spell except for a few global ultimates (Twisted Fate, lolPantheon).

I suppose this is the reason why TF is considered so strong. If he wins his lane his opposing laner loses the safety of the tower, and rest of his opponents are put at risk.

Normally ganks from junglers can be counteracted by warding the river and not overextending, while mid towers are close enough to flash to.

Even if you don't overextend, TF can ult in, stun, and gank you with little to no risk. Past laning phase? He'll just ult and backdoor your tower/inhibitor and use his summoner teleport to get away with no risk as well.

7. I suppose the lower amount of juking in LoL is due to the lack of intricate and impassable terrain. In DotA, I know there are small paths in the trees in which you can run and break line of sight while brush can be freely entered from any part.

Might sound a bit uninformed about both games, but this is definitely more entertaining than studying for finals

Top Bottom