• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Well, he said that he plays at his best when something's on the line. From that perspective, I'd say that myself and all of my friends are royally screwed.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well of course. Think of it this way - You would be paying to get the opportunity to play the best people.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
That COULD be a way to look at it...unless I get stuck against him in Singles, Doubles, or Crew, that would REALLY suck LOL. I'd be out like a light.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
C'mon 5 bucks is nothing to play a top notch players. Here I'll 5$ MM you, that way you can beat me and get a free match with HugS ^^

Hugo, are you up for a 5$ RANDOM character MM. I think that would be alot more fun. CHEAPNESS!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A friendly reminder for everyone to bring TV's and Cubes please!

Alot of people are expected, so the TV's will help things run faster to allow of the crew battles.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i used to get 3 to 4 stock by bowser and g&w and stuff all the time. I still do randomly but that doesn't mean anything. The fact that we suck still remains =p

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
EdreesesPieces said:
Nah, there's no worries there. No one is going to think you're bad if you got 3 stocked by Boozer. But if it was Mewwto, now THAT would be something to retire over. It'd be very humiliating :D

Hahahaha you said I didn't get 3 stocked by Mewtwo... (Arash's)

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
i'll money match hugz, even though gabe plays yoshi, and is better than me, i still got an advantage, cause he plays way different from me =D hey, im getting a car, so now me and azn lep can hit way more tournaments =D =D =D i'm gonna buy it from a guy named arturo =D =D =D =D =D =D

PandaX

Smash Lord
Change of plans for the driving arrangement. I may want to leave friday night if that is ok for anyone who can house us because I don't want to be fighting Momorial weekend traffic.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
AzN_Lep said:
C'mon 5 bucks is nothing to play a top notch players. Here I'll 5$ MM you, that way you can beat me and get a free match with HugS ^^

Hugo, are you up for a 5$ RANDOM character MM. I think that would be alot more fun. CHEAPNESS!!
Nah, lets do a normal 5 dollar money match. I dont put money down on anything random...like poker.

Well panda, that money is going to gas + food + entry. I wouldn't mind making a profit either.

And panda, since i feel so awful about how no one money matches you when you go into san diego, I'm graciously offering you a money match. Please accept.

So i got shinta and C2, anyone else?

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
When I think of Smash Bros, I think of having fun and sharing a good times with people of the same interest.

I think it's ridiculus to view Smash Bros or Smash Community (especially San Diego community) as a place to make money and profit from.

squall444

Smash Cadet
Justpha said:
When I think of Smash Bros, I think of having fun and sharing a good times with people of the same interest.

I think it's ridiculus to view Smash Bros or Smash Community (especially San Diego community) as a place to make money and profit from.
HRMM,according to this logic we should remove entry fees and cash prizes for first, second, and third places. if you removed all that youd lose a lot of the best talent and attract less people... do you really want that?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Justpha said:

I think it's rediculous to be fully against the desire to gain profit or win money when the money and the competition for it has been the key to making this community as big and exciting as it is.

I also think it's rediculous to neglect one side or the other, the fun side and the money side.

There are clearly ways to enjoy both, I try and do that. I also like to recieve some sort of pay back/reward for all the hardwork, for all the hours, and all the dollars I put into getting as good as i am at this game.

I'd like to feel completely guilt free about spending 30 dollars on food and 10 on gas by knowing that I have earned enough at the smash tournament to do so.

I like to know that I have the free right to try and earn as much money as I can at these tournaments without having smashers think it's a thing of greed.

PandaX

Smash Lord
If we meet in the finals, then you're on.

BTW as I mentioned with all my money matches, the first 7 dollars goes to my gas money for the trip, the rest goes to OC2 donations.

I wouldn't consider that greed on my part.

Shinta

Smash Cadet
LOL @ caotic

aaand i really look forward to the MM and crew battles...fun stuffff :]

i also got my license today @ 11 so i'll b attending practically every triweekly^^

Reaper321

Smash Rookie
Well, seeing as my large amount of noobness didnt allow me to pass my drivers test it looks like ill be missing this triweekly as well -_- stupid bike lanes...

HimuraFan

Smash Cadet
Reaper321 said:
Well, seeing as my large amount of noobness didnt allow me to pass my drivers test it looks like ill be missing this triweekly as well -_- stupid bike lanes...
im sure u can get a ride with me or knifey(whoever is driving) or shinta, maybe even abyss if he'll go to ur house, then again theres always poggz that would be an interesting drive each of them argueing who will 4 stock each other

Shinta

Smash Cadet
LOL ya, i think me/u r both goin 2 knifey's this weekend and gettin a ride with him mostly b/c neither of us has been there b4 and we can learn the way there. also, wtf r u doin @ home reaper?! come 2 school u lazyass

Reaper321

Smash Rookie
Bah, dont wanna hear it shinta im in mourning at my failure, ill be at school tomorro ;P

and ummm, my rents know knifey cant drive yet so thats not gonna work.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Actually, HugS, I think I will take that MM. If or if not I win the MM against Azn Lep. I'll just bring 5 extra bucks just in case. It will be an honorable death!

MaxPower4E

Smash Cadet
Hey hugS, your doing MMs right, hey ill take you on that offer.
the only thing is that i live in anaheim, so if you want to come over here then well have a match or two or however many.
so ya you want to or not?

Charoo

Smash Champion
this is going to be really big isn't it? So like if we are meeting on friday then please tell us ok panda?

I think Hugo wants my money >_<

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
hey sd me and 2 or 3 others want to make this tourney, we were wondering if itd be possible for some1 to house all of us friday night around 11pm if u can we would greatly appreicate it thank u ^^

Top Bottom