• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
From what I've been reading at the Nexus thread, looks like SD made quite an impact over there(Bone beating Germ's Link, Saint Patrick going toe-to-toe with Ken, GJ you two!). Wish my friends and I could've been there!

But luckily we were able to smash it up at the gamelink tourney. I hope the results will be posted there. Yloh took 1st, Pnoy 2nd, and Br!x 3rd. The finals matches between Yloh and Pnoy were recorded, and had some pretty intense matches. Hope those are uploaded also.
Yeah, we had some good games for sure. It was nice seeing you guys again, we should smash together sometime!

Grats to Bone and Pat. Pat, your Ganon is really freaking awesome. Going toe-to-toe with Ken and DSF is impressive for sure. Bone, taking off a game from Arash, Wolf, and Hugs is something to be proud of. Your style and your ability to pick-up on your opponent's game is makes you so deadly, keep practicing and you'll be scary.

Personally Pat, I'd say alternate Fox. From what I've heard from you, you take the biggest beating from Sheik when playing Ganon, and Fox ***** Sheik. Use Sheik until your Fox is usable, but Sheik secondary tells people you're too lazy to train a real character. Your Sheik is good, but a good Fox is a really tough contender, especially if your opponent is used to your Ganon's style. Plus, I'm sure Zephyr wouldn't mind showing you the ropes.

As for the "all of Harmony should've been at Nexus", I had engagements that night that I couldn't miss, and the Gamelink tournament had a lot more people that I can compete with. I'm trying to get better, but getting slaughtered all day long doesn't help me as much I think (correct me if I'm wrong). If there hadn't been a Gamelink, I would've been there, but the opportunity presented me with something I thought would be better for my development as a smasher.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Patrick, I think Sheik's a good choice. That way you can focus on getting your Ganon as best as possible, but still be able to get further in tournaments with your Sheik. Contrary to popular belief, it still does take hard work to get a Sheik pretty good, and it's in no way "dishonorable" or negative. No offense to anyone here, but anyone who thinks you're somehow less of a player because you won with Sheik, probably can't beat your Ganon anyway, so just tell those people to match your Ganon if they comes up, so you don't have to worry about that.

Let's not forget if your goal is also to beat Falco's, fox doesn't exactly have the advantage.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Patrick, I think Sheik's a good choice. That way you can focus on getting your Ganon as best as possible, but still be able to get further in tournaments with your Sheik. Contrary to popular belief, it still does take hard work to get a Sheik pretty good, and it's in no way "dishonorable" or negative. No offense to anyone here, but anyone who thinks you're somehow less of a player because you won with Sheik, probably can't beat your Ganon anyway, so just tell those people to match your Ganon if they comes up, so you don't have to worry about that.

Let's not forget if your goal is also to beat Falco's, fox doesn't exactly have the advantage.
Looking at the Character's Match-Up thread, I'd say Falco is probably a better choice. Sheik is good, and using her doesn't make you less of a player, people just tend to look down on Sheik players because she's easier than any other character to be good with. Sheik, Fox, and Falco are Ganon's biggest hurdles. Falco takes care or Fox and Sheik, and then Falco equals Falco. Heck, maybe even throw in something like Link, Luigi, Mario, or basically a character you don't see a whole lot of.

Zephyr

Smash Lord

Will, I'm flattered, but

1. My Fox is so esoteric I can hardly say that I can teach someone how to play Fox effectively, and 2. St. Pat probably already knows how to play Fox. >_>

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I know how to play Fox, just not that effectively. And thanks, Edrees, for the reassurance. I'll take that to heart and see how things go for my alt character choices.

We have to get something going this week.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Okay. A lot of people have been asking me about the Money Matches recently. Now I have to stress this point a lot; I made these money matches for the April 12th tournament but that tournament got canceled. I had the money at that time for that time. But now I don't have the money to do this anymore, and I don't plan to waste so much money on betting like this anymore (especially with my girlfriend getting mad at betting). I might try to keep a few of these money matches up if I ever feel like going to another one of the triweeklies but that depends on many variables. I am having problems outside smash and problems with the inner workings of the san diego smash community so don't expect to see me around too much anymore. Sorry if I made you thought you would be getting my money, but that money has going to be put up on April 12th, which was quite a bit ago in these terms, the offer is canned just like that tournament was. I might try to revise them but dont hold your breathe.

BTW guys, site rules are that if your post isn't as long as your sig you should deactivate it. I know I have done this in the past too, but it really seems to plague this topic and I just thought you guys would like to know.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
BTW guys, site rules are that if your post isn't as long as your sig you should deactivate it. I know I have done this in the past too, but it really seems to plague this topic and I just thought you guys would like to know.
Some of those posts+sigs are as long as the sidebar profile, so it doesn't really make a difference.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Never mind what others say about Sheik, Patrick :]
Originally I felt that Fox/Falco would help best against Spacies, Sheik, and Falcon (Sheik
Jumbles/Stumbles somewhat against Space Animals), but I'd be more than happy to teach
Outrageously dirty Sheik tricks to you :-P
How far along is everyone in DP?
Nobody's beaten the game yet, right?
So far, I have 4 badges :]
Grrr, Finals coming up are really eating up my time for smash, DP, and nicky :-(
I really hope when Summer rolls around we're able to have more time to play together :]
Zack, how was playing with Wesley Wicked like? I haven't seen that guy in forever!
And when are you gonna train me? I think I wanna learn.... Falco? Please? <3

<3, Rickety

araknophobik

Smash Master
I was really impressed with SD's performance
especially Bones and st patrick, who made it out of pools
and Romeo...

what the ****
foo get out of pools next time, then step to me ;)

romeo619

Smash Ace
I was really impressed with SD's performance
especially Bones and st patrick, who made it out of pools
and Romeo...

what the ****
foo get out of pools next time, then step to me ;)
u didnt even win a single pool match. so shaaaaddup.

Remember what CAOTIC used to say guys.

Shiek is legit, no johns dumdums

LHG

Smash Journeyman
How far along is everyone in DP?
Nobody's beaten the game yet, right?
Got my 5th badge yesterday! :)

Yeah, this last stretch of school is killing everyones time. Hopefully we can all still play Smash together... soon... I hope? :psycho:

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Shiek is gay.

And the list goes on and on.... :p

Congrats to every who went to Nexus, it sounds like it was an awesome touney!

$BONE$

Smash Ace
BTW Guys, if you talk **** about our tournament & community dont bother comming to them. let alone mm people who shouldn't show any respect towards you to begin with. just thought you'd like to know. idiots like this plague our community.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
BTW Guys, if you talk **** about our tournament & community dont bother comming to them. let alone mm people who shouldn't show any respect towards you to begin with. just thought you'd like to know. idiots like this plague our community.
Those be fighting words Bone :x

I don't think Sheik is cheap, she's just easier than most to be good with. Hell, even I can be half-decent with Sheik every once in awhile. Then again, hanging the chain over the edge when your opponent is under the stage (especially against fast-fallers)... That's pretty dirty, but you could say the same about shine spikes. Her needles are good, but she can't use them to assist her recovery like Link, Samus, Mario, etc can. Personally, I'd chose Falco's blaster or Link's projectiles to needles.

In any case Pat, just choose whatever you feel is best for you.

EDIT: Ok, Ricky and I posted at the same time on the last page. Now Zephyr, Doodles, and I posted at the same time.

Uh...

SO. Anything going on this weekend?
Ken's Biweekly is going on I believe. I've never been to one, so unless someone else well-known (Pat, Ricky, Bone, Romeo, etc) are going, I probably won't go. I don't want it to seem like I'm crashing :x

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Chain edgeguard?

That's not cheap, it's just F'ing HILARIOUS. Even when it's happening to you, it's just too funny. Plus, it's completely situational. >_>

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The chain edgeguard is used here a lot - even pros get caught in them so we all just laugh and burst their egos.

Also guys, San Diego is Socal's final frontier! Don't spoil it! <3's

araknophobik

Smash Master
Patrick, don't pick up Sheik! Sheik is Cheap!!
lol weren't you the kid who tried to chaingrab me in a sheik ditto
and try to chaingrab evilnemesis with marth against his falco?
and camped Blitz out on corneria

yes, i have chosen my words wisely persian, maybe you should have better chosen yours :laugh:

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Couple things:

1. Why is Romeo a Smash Director and I'm not? I should be for the Mudd Club tournament if anything, and he doesn't host tourneys <_<
2. WTF Ganondorf Avatar? I'm the Ganon FOOL!
3. Rick...you're awesome.

Zack353

Smash Ace
lol weren't you the kid who tried to chaingrab me in a sheik ditto
and try to chaingrab evilnemesis with marth against his falco?
and camped Blitz out on corneria

yes, i have chosen my words wisely persian, maybe you should have better chosen yours :laugh:
Don't mean to double post, but you obviously have a talent for not picking up sarcasm. I always use Sheik against Patrick.

Smart one. :ohwell:

Top Bottom