• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
We're not sure when the next triweekly is. We still need a new venue, and one we can afford that can fit the usual triweekly crowd. Seeing as how the Mudd Club venue only got about 25 people (whether or not it was because it was such short notice or it wasn't at UCSD, I don't know (and let's face it, it wouldn't have held much more)) and cost $5 a person (which is reasonable, but we'd prefer not to make San Diego pay that), it might not be for a little while.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Who would be able to make it to Ken's Biweekly? Patrick comeeee. :( forget testing. Lets team, saying that Zack cant go.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Hey Bone, I'll head up there with you guys. If you guys are carpooling that'd be fantastic, I always have problems with directions.

Let's see...
Ricky's house
Pat's house...
UCSD 6th lodge...
UCSD Winter Fest...
Mudd Club...

Yeah, I fail <_<;

Team Giza

Smash Lord
BTW Guys, if you talk **** about our tournament & community dont bother comming to them. let alone mm people who shouldn't show any respect towards you to begin with. just thought you'd like to know. idiots like this plague our community.
It is nice to see that the first sentence of your post pretty much was just repeating what I said earlier but whatever.
First of all that is the point about it, I probably won't be coming to anymore tournament until feel that they are stabilized again. Secondly I don't remember MM people that shouldn’t show respect for me and that I shouldn't hold respect for, and either way money matches aren’t about that. The simple fact of MMs are that the winner gets the cash, there is nothing else to it. Perhaps that is just my take on the subject on MMs but it seems to be the point of them being there but what I am trying to stress is that the MMs were made for a certain date at a certain event and the event was cancelled and right afterwards I posted that I wouldn’t be doing my money matches after that anyway but I suppose I could of made it more clear. I am not even going to touch the statement about idiots that plague this community, except I will say that I have already made myself clear on this subject. The thing is I have already followed all of what you said in the post, since I have been having issues with the community I have not come to any of the tournaments, I was going to come to the one that was cancelled earlier in April mainly cause I felt that if I money matched and did well against a lot of members of Harmony then perhaps people would actually listen to my views on competitive gaming and how our tournaments should run by these rules.

It isn't like I was just the average person at these tournaments though I can easily see how you people would think that of me judging by my less than decent play style. However, I brought a TV to the majority of the tournaments, when I couldn't I would still always bring my GC and 2 copies of SSBM (which did come in handy more than once). I would usually help set up before the tournament, and I know it probably wasn't necessary at the venues but I would also from time to time straighten up the place before I left, cause I don't know if you guys noticed but we always really trashed the place at the 6th college. Bringing these things which are necessary to the tournament running smoothly I feel I had done a bit more for the tournament then the average person there since most of the time it is obvious people wouldn't bring there TVs, and the majority of these people live closer to the triweekly location and are usually richer than me. I know there is nothing I can do about the wobbling situation. But yes I understand the whole unity of Social rules I just think branching off from the rest of the US's rules was a wrong idea. Lately because of people just not bringing enough TV and with the number of people coming growing, and now with our unstable location situtation I just feel the tournament isn't organized enough, no offense to Rick or Edreese who do an excellent job trying to run it, and I don't want to go to another tournament that so unorganized because it is alot less fun (the winter festival was great though besides the Wii stuff getting stolen ><; ).

I'll stress it again I am sorry about canceling the money matches, however I made my post on this long ago, the day the tournament was cancelled in fact so you people shouldn't be acting so shocked about it. Plus there would be no way to do them anymore anyway, in order to have a money match both sides most have some cash and I think it is clear that I don't have free cash to put into something like this at the moment. I made the MMs when I had the money and I cancelled them when I knew that by the next time I would see the people that there would be no way I would still have the money I do not see what is wrong with what I did with anything of the sort. But that’s just how I feel about the whole thing, if you think that I am wrong about it then so be it, I am not going to argue it anymore then this. This is my view on the subject of my money matches and my not going to the tournaments for awhile.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Sup hommies, im missing school tommorow from some treat of a shooter....thats kinda cool

in more important news.....Giza has a girl friend?........Bull Sh*t..........

XP

lol, jk Giza.......ur cool...............but not really...........but you know im kidding...............................but maybe not............just playing........or AM I....

.....o yea, i forgot to say......Giza...........stop making johns....

XD

ps: i like all the "...." things i do.....

Team Giza

Smash Lord
.....o yea, i forgot to say......Giza...........stop making johns....

ps: i like all the "...." things i do.....
lol yeah I am johning a bit, frankly I don't have much of a choice at the moment. And dots are lovely. Gotta love them dots. The made everything feel more... epic...!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Thank you Neal! :]

Keep it Harmonious, please. We don't want to mess up what Caotic left for us: a united, loving, smash scene <3

<3
rick(ety)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I think I'm gonna quit smash till the end of the school year. My grades have dropped recently, and I think that smashing may have had something to do with it. So, I'm gonna say goodbye for now, but I'll be back with a vengeance after school ends!

[/totalsuckage]

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
That is a smart move Zephyr believe me NEVER I'll repeat NEVER let a video game come before your school and home life because it will bite you in the *** one day. BTW nice banner

romeo619

Smash Ace
anto, PH and other southbay 619 smashers. do you have aim ???

we should smash more often. me bone and jon only get to play each other down here.

we should set something up sometime. pm me or aim me romeos new sn

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we should set up an AIM/MSN list for San Diego smashers so smashfests are easier to coordinate. And perhaps someone could collect phone numbers and distribute by PM so we aren't stalked ._.

anto

Smash Apprentice
anto, PH and other southbay 619 smashers. do you have aim ???

we should smash more often. me bone and jon only get to play each other down here.

we should set something up sometime. pm me or aim me romeos new sn
yea man you can get me on aim. my sn is "anto aurelio". i'm down for whenever just hit me up

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
o boy im about to get some jon, romeo, and anto training. o boyyyyyyyyyy. zephyr say it aint soooooooooo. but i think what ur doing is cool and i wish i had the balls to do it lol

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
I don't get to play in many tournaments now, but I can still play in smashfests through out the week. Just AIM me and we can talk. I don't mind driving down 30-45 min for a smashfest.

AIM: MSP1219

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
nice matches J fLo. you guys are pretty good. you make me wish i attended that tourny.

my hunt for a secondary continues!! i think Rickety can vouch for me when i say ive been workin on my Sheik. i keep gettin distracted by C. Falcon tho. hes too much fun.

LOL and i cant believe you Rickety when you say i still have the best Samus is SD. i think PH has a strong chance to take that title from me. he has a really good Samus from what i saw at the last triweekly.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Woo! It's back open.

Approaching with Falcon down air is too fun, XD. I did that a lot when I was learning with him, so I know what you mean Jon, lol.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
Woo! It's back open.

Approaching with Falcon down air is too fun, XD. I did that a lot when I was learning with him, so I know what you mean Jon, lol.
Down Air to Falcon Punch on space animals. its the best feeling ever to kill someone with a Falcon Punch :chuckle:

Rickety

Peace and Love
Jon's characters, in order of goodness :-P

1. Marth
2. Samus
3. Sheik
4. Falco
5. Fox

Too bad Samus doesn't have an advantage over Sheik, otherwise you'd be good as gold :]

And yeah, Jon's Samus is tight, but Deth and PH are poised to snatch that title away :]

Yep, I didn't go to the biweekly today because I was: 1. sick 2. Cinco de Mayo! 3. Wobba Boba Wi-Fi Pokemon tournament!

<3
rick

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
yoyoyoyo lets get some smash going dammit. im liking the idea of maybe having the best samus in SD. anyone watching that de la hoya-mayweather fight?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
deth is the best samus in sd for sure. he has improved so much over the past month it's crazy. play him and see for urself!

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
yoyoyoyo lets get some smash going dammit. im liking the idea of maybe having the best samus in SD. anyone watching that de la hoya-mayweather fight?
ohhh i feel a Samus ditto coming on...:chuckle:

this is to Edrees!

i picked up Mario. and this is what he's gonna do to you at the next triweekly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Sz9H22ZF0

( actually anyone can watch it i think its pretty funny and the song is catchy)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
HAHAH nice vid slider ;)

By the way i'm excited to see how good all these rising players have gotten! =) I wanna play all of ya guys. 'Specially the new and improved Samuses :)

Top Bottom