• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hmm Saturday... Jon has Finals and I can't play without Jon <3

But, Tony will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow! I think we're having a birthday party for him this saturday, and, depending on whether a lot of family comes over or not, we may or may not make it a smashfest as well.

I vote for Sunday!

Alright, everything seems good to go! Oh yeah, except.....

um... helpsies?

<3
rick

Edit: Zack, play with me! :]
ANYTIME!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Everyone but Rick seems to be ignoring the fact that we don't have a place to fit all these people. Oh, and Will.

This is gonna be crazy. Insta-Triweekly?

romeo619

Smash Ace
Bone's church is a possibilty, though the room we would use isn't that big. Also it is located in IB

I'm hoping Zephyr and Will can get in contact with the church so we can score away the location ASAP

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Bone's church is a possibilty, though the room we would use isn't that big. Also it is located in IB

I'm hoping Zephyr and Will can get in contact with the church so we can score away the location ASAP
I finally got the right person to talk to and I'm e-mailing them right now. The guy I just talked to a half hour ago said that since it isn't a ministry, it would be difficult to convince them. Still, I'm hoping for the best. If not, I'm also e-mailing my old Youth Pastor to see if his room could be used, though it is far smaller I think it could work well. I think the room would be around two-thirds of the Sixth Lodge, I'm not sure.

If you guys have a singles match of local players using Link, Mario, Donkey Kong, Fox, or Pikachu (a doubles match with all of these would be fantastic) that would be great. I might be making a small presentation for a council that would decide, so a match using some of Nintendo's more famous characters would be ideal. Youtube links would work, though actual clips would be even better.

I'm also going to talk to a couple teachers from Poway High School that I know and hope they'll vouch for me as I'm also going to talk to someone at PHS to see if we could use the Gymnasium or one of the larger rooms on campus.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
[snip]

I'm writing the message to my Youth Pastor right now.

EDIT: Done writing to him. The High School Room would probably be the only realistic answer for this weekend. If the Fellowship Center opened up it would be by the next Triweekly.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I'll try and email the guy in charge of this kind of thing at my church, see where I get with that. I also know him personally since I'm 1st chair in his orchestra, so that could give me a hand. =P

EDIT: If I get the Youth Room, it's about 2/3 the size of the lodge and just as comfortable. If I get the fellowship hall, it's twice the lodge with chairs and tables provided.

romeo619

Smash Ace
sooo like bone found a venue that we could use for saturday if all else fails. remember, this is in IB. we're not sure sizewise if it's a good home for the triweeklies, but it's probably fine for this weekend if everything else doesn't fall through. just letting u know we got something to fall back on, we were thinking if nothing is confirmed by tomorrow night, we'd go ahead with it to get everything organized so more people will show

think about it............

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I would if my parents wouldn't own me up the face for even thinking about it. >_>

I emailed the Director at my church, I'll be waiting for his response.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
At this point, Romeo's place is looking pretty good. I just feel bad for the Oceanside players who are going to have a hell of a drive down. Romeo, if you don't have my number I posted it on the last page. Whenever you guys decide to start setting up give me a call since my church is probably not going to be an option for this Triweekly.

romeo619

Smash Ace
At this point, Romeo's place is looking pretty good. I just feel bad for the Oceanside players who are going to have a hell of a drive down. Romeo, if you don't have my number I posted it on the last page. Whenever you guys decide to start setting up give me a call since my church is probably not going to be an option for this Triweekly.
actually this is all bone, i just posted it for him. i'm sure he'll visit tomorrow. looks like this is the venue we're going to go through with.

neal: IB is in 619, which is south SD

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
IB is short for Imperial Beach.

get to know true SoCal. lol where the border is, literally, less than a minute away. ill be more than happy to assist with directions.

forward

Smash Champion
House Forward and get free training! But you better hurry, this offer won't last long!

To order, post in the thread that's on your screen. That's San Diego Triweeklies - Venue Hunting, in the Pacific West forum. That thread again is San Diego Triweeklies - Venue Hunting. Post now!

Zack353

Smash Ace
Oh snap, sunday is mothers day! If that's the case, I might not be able to make it. >_>;;

Nobody is going to house Forward? I would if I could, lol.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
House Forward and get free training! But you better hurry, this offer won't last long!

To order, post in the thread that's on your screen. That's San Diego Triweeklies - Venue Hunting, in the Pacific West forum. That thread again is San Diego Triweeklies - Venue Hunting. Post now!
forward, i might be able to house you on saturday night. i dont technically live in imperial beach but, my sister & parents live there along with alot of my friends so im pretty sure i can find you housing by tonight. i'll update this tonight.

i haven't heard from rick and will hasn't heard from their church so im not even completely sure as of right now if my church is a scored out deal. i've already talked to the owner and saturday is set. the only issue with my venue is that we have to be out by 5ish. but, if it does fall through with having you crash here.. i dont mind showing you around san diego if you're not familiar with the place. im pretty sure some of harmony wouldn't mind tagging along for the night also... saying that anyone even shows up this saturday. its going to be 100 dollars and im putting 40 down on it. fee's will all be up to rick he's the host.

can i get a tv count please? i dont have a tv to offer because edrees has mine. gasp. i just remembered.

EDIT: I JUST CONFIRMED HOUSING FOR YOU HERE. gasp. FORWARD IN SD?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i can help house forward. wednesday would be fine for me since i have nothin goin on. school would be over with by then.
LOL. yeeah. im only available to house on saturday which would leave.. sunday - tuesday?!!?!?? possibly sunday but, i have mother's day plans. im a busy mom. what can i say.

forward

Smash Champion
Well I guys have some family in Cali but I don't think they're in the SD area. Maybe there is someone who can get me to Seal Beach or Azusa after the tourney?

Also, is the tourney DEFINITLY happening tihs weekend? I'll probably take a greyhound out there tomorrow.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If the tournament is DEFINITELY going on, and IF I can get someone to come down with me, then I can take you back to Seal Beach, Sean. It's on the way home for me.

That was a lot of commas.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to bring a TV. I can bring a Gamecube. I might be able to bring a single copy of Smash (mine's a little whacked right now D: ).

Venue News:

It seems neither my Youth Pastor nor the Business Admin of my church got my e-mails (cursed filters), but I did sit down and talked with both of them today. Youth Pastor is wary for two reasons: Not sure if the tournament fees/prizes go against church policy. Also, there's some very expensive equipment there. The Business Admin actually liked the idea, but also is wary about the church's policy as it condones gambling and might see it as such. He himself sees it (after watching Rickety (Doc) vs. ASP (Mario) 1) as a game of skill and shouldn't be considered as such. Also, both might allow access to projectors to do matches on :D Most people plan events a couple months in advance, but if there's nothing on a Saturday, we might be able to snag it. Next Wednesday there is a Team Leaders meeting which makes these kinds of decisions. I will most likely be giving them a small presentation. If anyone wants to play smash on Wednesday afternoon, I might arrange a two-stock exhibition match (lol). If it is going to be in the Fellowship Center, the BAdmin and I talked about setting up a couple of tables to sell sodas, cookies, and donuts like they do on Sunday morning which would be fantastic in my opinion. There's also an Albertsons less than three minutes walking distance for food and stuff.

We'll see what happens I guess. Anyone want to smash tonight?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LOL

My church has an Albertson's within three minutes walk of it too. XP

Haven't heard from my church yet.

Also, I won't be making it this weekend. Either I'll be going to the D&P Prerelease or I won't be going at all.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Don't bring Tony to church to play smash :-P

"Oh, oh, Ooooh!!! Mmmm, B*tch, Hot Combo!

F*CK! NO F*CKING WAY!"

I can play Pikachu at church :]

Whether we get he venue or not, Will gets my dear love and respect for doing so much to help out the San Diego scene. We should all be thankful for him trying so hard to help us out (Ryan as Well).

<3

P.S. Bone and I want to to attend a big Midwest and/or East Coast tournament before Brawl comes out, and we want to get other people to come too :] *Looks at the older players* Edrees, Jon? :] :] :]

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I might be able to bring a TV. I can bring a Gamecube. I might be able to bring a single copy of Smash (mine's a little whacked right now D: ).

Venue News:

It seems neither my Youth Pastor nor the Business Admin of my church got my e-mails (cursed filters), but I did sit down and talked with both of them today. Youth Pastor is wary for two reasons: Not sure if the tournament fees/prizes go against church policy. Also, there's some very expensive equipment there. The Business Admin actually liked the idea, but also is wary about the church's policy as it condones gambling and might see it as such. He himself sees it (after watching Rickety (Doc) vs. ASP (Mario) 1) as a game of skill and shouldn't be considered as such. Also, both might allow access to projectors to do matches on :D Most people plan events a couple months in advance, but if there's nothing on a Saturday, we might be able to snag it. Next Wednesday there is a Team Leaders meeting which makes these kinds of decisions. I will most likely be giving them a small presentation. If anyone wants to play smash on Wednesday afternoon, I might arrange a two-stock exhibition match (lol). If it is going to be in the Fellowship Center, the BAdmin and I talked about setting up a couple of tables to sell sodas, cookies, and donuts like they do on Sunday morning which would be fantastic in my opinion. There's also an Albertsons less than three minutes walking distance for food and stuff.

We'll see what happens I guess. Anyone want to smash tonight?
that sounds good.. love the cookies, LOL. bones home made cookies fundraising for OC3! ^_- (bwahahahaha)

i think im about to call this venue off for this weekend. im trying to get ahold of everyone and nobody seems to be able to make it.. unless magic happens i dont think i'll set aside time for my venue. sorry to neal and forward but, i highly doubt we can pool in any sort of crowd with such a short notice. we need atleast two weeks for this. unless the big sexy guy rick figures something out to where we can find a venue which is closer in reach to everyone then im all for it but, the lack of people wont be worth it.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Just got my driving license today!

I want to attend one of these triweeklies, but I've been waiting until I can legally drive myself. Then it suddenly occurred to me after my revery that I have no idea when and where to go. It says its at UCSD, but that doesn't tell me much. The college has multiple campuses. I have only seen the rules posted at the beginning of the thread. Can anyone direct me to a page that can tell me the date of the tournament, the hours of the tournament, and the address of the tournament? I'm looking forward to getting some quality teaching.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Not sure a bout a tounament anytime soon, but if someone decides to have a smashfest friday or saturday, I'm all up for going. I may or may not need transportation from point loma (probably will...) if anything goes on, give me a call at 619-222-1201. (ask for Chris)

Top Bottom