• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It would be nice if my character were changed back to n/a. As waaay too many characters feel good in this game and I keep finding myself going back and forth between characters. :L

CCCM89

Smash Ace
you might want to check again, because he's not there. :p

seriously though, enough with the joke. It's starting to annoy me to the point of reporting this as harassment. probably won't amount to ****, but it'll at least bring in unwanted attention.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alright, but understand this: I'm not going to be constantly going to the front page to edit one character change every two weeks just because you don't want to decide on your main and secondaries. It's tedious for me. Either you list your mains as N/A, or hold on to whatever you play the most.

If you find characters that are interesting, don't report about it until you feel 110% positive that those are the characters you wanna be considered your mains.

I have Bowser Jr., Palutena, Shulk, and Megaman that I enjoy playing as well, but I'm not listing them because it'd be pretty much moot point to who I'm going to be committing my time to. Even Little Mac is a stretch for me.

Just be comfortable with the small pool you choose. If and when you want a change, then it's okay to report it, but not at the frequency that you've been doing it at. Generally speaking, if you stick to a character for over a month, then I'll change it. Otherwise, it'll stay with what you've chosen.

Go ahead and choose 3-5 characters for now. Know that I will not be changing the mains you choose after this set unless I'm thoroughly convinced through your commitment via friendlies and tournaments. :applejack:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
that's the idea. I was trying to put this off so I could practice with some characters and decide on who i'm best at. I don't intend to change it for at the very least several months, if it even does change. for now, I just want pacman, ganon, little mac, and kirby. if that changes, I will let you know, and then prove it, at the earliest in April.

Last edited:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Man **** those vegas players. I text them that I was a Texas player staying at the mgm and wanted to play I just needed insurance that if I showed up to the pm tournament that they could lend me a controller before I spent $ on the cab. Nothing no reply not **** **** those guys.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Alright, but understand this: I'm not going to be constantly going to the front page to edit one character change every two weeks just because you don't want to decide on your main and secondaries. It's tedious for me. Either you list your mains as N/A, or hold on to whatever you play the most.

If you find characters that are interesting, don't report about it until you feel 110% positive that those are the characters you wanna be considered your mains.

I have Bowser Jr., Palutena, Shulk, and Megaman that I enjoy playing as well, but I'm not listing them because it'd be pretty much moot point to who I'm going to be committing my time to. Even Little Mac is a stretch for me.

Just be comfortable with the small pool you choose. If and when you want a change, then it's okay to report it, but not at the frequency that you've been doing it at. Generally speaking, if you stick to a character for over a month, then I'll change it. Otherwise, it'll stay with what you've chosen.

Go ahead and choose 3-5 characters for now. Know that I will not be changing the mains you choose after this set unless I'm thoroughly convinced through your commitment via friendlies and tournaments. :applejack:
Oh, okay espy.

Suspect

Smash Hero
For the next 30 days im gonna practice one character. So can you put a different one next to my name every day Espy?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
that's the idea. I was trying to put this off so I could practice with some characters and decide on who i'm best at. I don't intend to change it for at the very least several months, if it even does change. for now, I just want pacman, ganon, little mac, and kirby. if that changes, I will let you know, and then prove it, at the earliest in April.
Starting October 6th, you've posted 6 times to have your mains changed in some way. An average of 4 days per change.

The game is new, the meta is nowhere near developed, and the "competitive" version isn't even out yet. Take some time between changing everything.

You don't have 4 mains, you have 4 characters you sorta like today and have practiced with for a week each. Pick 1 or 2 mains and chill bruh. Lol

Edit @ Mike: Don't, you'll just be trash at 30 characters instead of the 3 or so you're trash at now

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I didn't realize that I missed Silent Assassin from the other page. Added in your info.
Wasn't something happening at Valden's today? :applejack:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I really want to play today since it's my last opportunity to get local games in before the tourney.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Starting October 6th, you've posted 6 times to have your mains changed in some way. An average of 4 days per change.

The game is new, the meta is nowhere near developed, and the "competitive" version isn't even out yet. Take some time between changing everything.

You don't have 4 mains, you have 4 characters you sorta like today and have practiced with for a week each. Pick 1 or 2 mains and chill bruh. Lol

Edit @ Mike: Don't, you'll just be trash at 30 characters instead of the 3 or so you're trash at now
like you said, the game is still new and the meta is not yet developed, so of course I'm going to be changing who I want to main. I'm still getting a feel for the characters. that said, I have already agreed not to change anything until I've had a good few months to get used to things.

Anyone want to get some games in online? For Glory just isn't cutting it.
sure, I'll get online soon. also, which tournament are you referring to?

Last edited:
Top Bottom