• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
I can probably host something tonight or tomorrow. I'm off 1604 and marbach. Let me know if yall want to go over

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
1: Megafox :4fox:
2: Espy :4sonic::4pacman::4littlemac:
3: K Prime :4pikachu:
4: SnorlaxPie500 :4diddy:
5: Jopan :rosalina:
5: FunCrazyFish :4wiifit::4palutena::4myfriends:
7: HeroMystic :4mario:
7: Paw :4zss:
9: Slush :4yoshi:
9: Incendiary :4mario:
9: Sylveon :4ganondorf::4dk::4rob:
9: Castro :4iggy:
13: inTOXIC :4link:
13: Lan :4falcon:
13: Ares :4falcon:
13: *VG* Enigma :4ness:
17: Kev
17: Jaredgcom
17: Chewy
17: Geoberos
17: JNasty
17: Mindless
17: Valdens
17: Applepoe
25: DeepFriedSexy
25: Mondy
25: Vitamin
25: Haijynx
25: GTimes
25: Nando Jenkins

Updating the 2nd post now

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
You wanna face a couple noobs Mindles (or any one)? I got a room up if so.

Last edited:

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
I was doin fg all day and it was fine, thats super weird. Wanna try hosting?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Damn. I thought I played pretty well, but after watching my matches against Kprime and Incendiary, I still make hillariously bad mistakes.

And I felt so good leaving that weekly too.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Good thing we have these to realize our mistakes. You made it far out there yesterday and serve a great benchmark for your future matches [to be recorded]. At least you got 1.5 matches -- I usually never get the recording set up. Lucked out once on my first round. I created the LoS3 playlist I believe in the order matches would be called out.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, if I didn't watch that video of myself I would've walked into the next weekly thinking more optimistically than what I am now. It's difficult to admit the reality of the situation, but it's necessary if I want to become one of the best.

Now the question is what do I do in order to train? I usually go to Smashladder, but now I don't want to make any bad habits on WiFi.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Usually hope people can host smashfests.
If I honestly did not have family basically live with me now everyday would be a smashfest if people cud drive, but I believe I have the weekend fer myself so maybe something tomorrow?

Unless everyone is still doing Lamp's thing to watch the ruins that is APEX 2015.

Nike.

Smash Hero
We lucked out last night in having 2 recording setups. I still can't believe we have those, and the quality is hella good. I know Santi already said that he won't be at the next weekly so we'll only have one.

For reference, I call winners round 1 and 2 on every tv and try to get them done asap. When they are done, I put Winners Quarters, Winners Semis, and Winners Finals one at a time on one setup (the recording setup if we have one) while the entire rest of the room is for losers bracket. By the time Winners Finals ends, Losers Semis is either happening or just ended.

Why I'm saying this (to everyone): If somewhere in the first two rounds of winners bracket I'm about to call your match and you really want it to be recorded, let me know. While there's only so many sets where this can be done, I can put you on the setup if you really want to. And obviously this gets easier to do if we have a second recording setup.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rofl

When I saw him shoot the full stun shot, I thought he was gonna keep running and upB you from the hitstun, but he jumped instead. :applejack:

Working on the ELO atm. It'll take some time.

Last edited:

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
Thanks for taking the time and effort to record the matches, they're really fun to take a look at.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I just updated the second post with the ELO Rankings after Los 1-2. I added a movement column that shows if you go up/down on the rankings. Do you guys think it's a good idea or is it stupid?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's a good way to know where people are going through all these weeklies, I imagine it's kinda a lot of comparing and such from one week to the next though but as long as you don't mind.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
ELO Rankings are here.
I'm also updating player rises and drops as well.

A quick note that since we get new players attending all the time, that it does influence particular rise and drops. For as many players marked "NEW" above you in the rankings is approximately how many places you dropped because of that. So if you dropped a few spots but have a relatively similar number of points, then that is the reason for your change of rank.

Anyways, here you go:

RANK | TAG | RATING | Movement
1 | Megafox | 2200 | =
2 | Espy | 2012 | =
3 | SnorlaxPie500 | 1871 | =
4 | K Prime | 1852 | =
5 | FunCrazyFish | 1771 | NEW
6 | Paw | 1681 | =
7 | Slush | 1577 | +1
8 | Valdens | 1571 | -3
8 | Castro | 1571 | +1
10 | Sylveon | 1555 | NEW
===|===|===|===
11 | Jopan | 1552 | +2
12 | Incendiary | 1549 | -5
13 | HeroMystic | 1520 | -2
14 | Ares | 1437 | -2
15 | inTOXIC | 1416 | NEW
16 | Kev | 1405 | -6
17 | Geoberos | 1384 | -3
18 | Enigma | 1372 | -3
19 | Lan | 1321 | +2
20 | Peeps | 1299 | -4
21 | KM | 1286 | -3
22 | JNasty | 1282 | NEW
23 | PJC | 1278 | NEW
24 | Chewy | 1249 | NEW
25 | Gman | 1244 | -3
26 | Mindless | 1227 | -9
27 | Jaredgcom | 1198 | -8
28 | Suspect | 1166 | -5
28 | SQMT | 1166 | -5
28 | KDawg | 1166 | -5
31 | ApplePoe | 1100 | -3
32 | Vitamin | 1062 | NEW
33 | CCCM | 1048 | -8
34 | Luie | 1033 | -7
35 | Haijjynx | 1030 | NEW
36 | Crashman | 1000 | -7
37 | DeepFriedSexy | 974 | NEW
38 | Nando Jenkins | 961 | NEW
39 | Base | 950 | -9
40 | Gtimes | 908 | -9
41 | Zeta | 900 | -9
41 | Yardsale | 900 | -9
41 | Whiteout | 900 | -9
41 | Mondy | 900 | -9
45 | Max | 800 | -9

See y'all next week. :applejack:

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

ELO system is weird, I gained more points instead of losing despite forfeit against lower point peoplez.
Guess that's y the old TX pr was odd too.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just look at the bracket. It's pretty obvious why.
You beat Haijynx, who is new, so you took a decent chunk of points from that set.
You beat Castro, who had a similar point value to you, so you soaked up a bunch of points there.
You lost to Megafox, so you lost almost nothing.

Then you lost to Jopan, who before getting the win vs. you, didn't lose much by losing to Santi, then soaked up a handful of points going through his loser's bracket. Nevermind that before the tournament started, your point values were almost less than 100 points apart, and he was only 5 ranks below.

You also have to look at everyone's point values and who they won and lost to before playing you to fully grasp the distribution of the points during those sets. Castro, Haijynx, Megafox, Jopan, Santi, and everyone they also played in those first few rounds all influenced how many points you earned and how many you lost.

:applejack:

Beating both Haijynx and Castro gave you a safety net that allowed you to drop a set to Jopan and still rise. Pretty simple.

I can't give you flat numbers since everything compiles by the match, and the program I use pumps out the result per set played while not allowing me to save between, but I can tell you just by the bracket and the LOS 1-2 Rankings which matches gave you a rise in the 1-3 Rankings.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My best guess was beating Haijynx cause he's a new person so 1300 I think it was they start at?

Otherwise other thing that makes me wonder how this'll turn out is when incendiary and HM play others that isn't you k prime or mario ditto, cause looking back they never play anyone else outside of paw once for each of them. Think the Mario brothers can beat the rest of us below 6th.

Edit: o an edit, yah guess it was haijynx that also helped. just didn't think beating castro would help much, gain maybe less than 10 points and lose less than 10 points against megafox. But lose more against jopan since he was in mid 1300's.

1373 to 1563 is almost 200 points apart unless you meant to say Castro.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Beating Castro didn't give you a cavalcade of points, but it gave you more than you lost altogether. Losing to Jopan definitely swiped most of what you had earned. :applejack:

HM and Incendiary's ranks will fluctuate for awhile if they continue to repeatedly beat each other, but if they consistently place in the same range as they've been doing, they'll slowly start inching towards each other in the rankings.

Just as an example with imaginary numbers here, but say there's a 100 point different between the two, and one of them takes 25 points when they beat the other. If they only ever played each other ever, they'd always keep swapping ~25 points from one another while everyone else moves up and down around them (which also interrupted their rankings).

If they lose to K Prime or myself or Santi, that initial 100 point difference will slowly start to decrease because of the values we take when we win, which also lowers the amount they gain when they beat each other.

Eventually, if nothing changed, they'd get to the point where they'd exchange as little as one point, and that one point would altogether alter who was ranked higher than the other.

Luckily everyone else is involved too, so point values are always changing. If HM and Incen stay consistent though, the way they jump around each other in ranks will keep happening, but the difference between their actual rankings will slowly shrink. :applejack:

Looking back at 1-3's rankings, it just occurred to me that HM and Incen are already in that theoretical position. They're basically neck and neck.

They need to beat players ranked above them while avoiding upsets from those below them if their values are to jump ahead of one another..

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jerkbutts always trying to make me do math when I'm trying to play video games.

Next you're gonna tell me to go mow the grass.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Thanks Espy <3

So far we've saved up $187 for the Final.

I made a quick bracket with the current elo. If the Final were to start now (and all of top10 were eligible), this is what it would come out to:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
yeah it's pretty damn close, I honestly think top 4 is cemented for now while 5-7 can fluctuate with paw fish and castro maybe?

8 and so on from wut u said who knows, but for sleepers I think mindless chewy and kev will pop up in the list eventually.
I wudn't be surprised if I ended up at the bottom soon.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
shlike, JBandrew, and Kyro could easily be top10 in our city. Kyro doesn't get out of work in time sadly. JBandrew said it'd take him a month to start attending because of transportation. Shlike I think is going to start attending fairly soon, though.

If they all started attending though... man.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I knew kyro couldn't but wasn't sure when the other two were gonna start attending, forgot about them too.
I'd prolly be lucky to be 15th at the end of 4 months.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Updated the following on the 2nd post:

-Entry Fees
-Payouts
-ELO Rankings
-Results for Los 1-2 and Los 1-3
-Youtube link to 210Smash

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My main reason for dropping is losing to Jopan.

I'll have to study the game more and figure out what to do against specific characters, while at the same time practice my neutral game (which is still pretty bad at this stage). I eventually want to get to the stage where I can go toe-to-toe with the top 5.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
That 9th place in LoS1 sure put me up high, but I doubt I have the consistency to stay up there. Ha this is gonna hurt til everyone hits their solid ground.

Jerkbutts always trying to make me do math when I'm trying to play video games.

Next you're gonna tell me to go mow the grass.
The glory of math through video games can't be enjoyed by everyone. It's a shame and it hurts my Asian soul, but understandable.

shlike, JBandrew, and Kyro could easily be top10 in our city. Kyro doesn't get out of work in time sadly. JBandrew said it'd take him a month to start attending because of transportation. Shlike I think is going to start attending fairly soon, though.

If they all started attending though... man.
Continue to entice big names to move to our city. Have enough so stacked that little guys like me will struggle to fight for survival. All fired up. I still have to return Kyro's table top figurine he left at my birthday /:

Top Bottom