• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Awesome! How's the tournament set up? I assume it's an elimination bracket and not swiss? Do you all stream, or are there plans to? I'll see if I can make this week and introduce myself, but I'm not sure, travel is sometimes difficult.
We might be able to stream, but we do have setups to record.

We do double eliminations.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We didn't stream before cause our previous venue ooples didn't have wifi, but with our new (and hopefully perm) venue Otaku has wifi and we'll be streaming, + the news our Tournament Organizer Nike posted we can potentially become really big in the next few months.

Santi now we need legit commentators later.
Castro vs me when?

FlankSinatrot

Smash Rookie
That's dope guys, I've always been really into commentary, do you all know if there's any generous regulars willing to trade rides for gas money? The bus system doesn't seem to run late in that area.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If you want, you can PM me your address and I'll see how close you are. I've given a couple of rides before.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Santi now we need legit commentators later.
Castro vs me when?
Yo youngblood! Don't be reachin.

Sorry I'm late! Been super busy, but I managed to upload the videos. Slush and Castro, you had two videos for your set so I need to combine them and will upload next week when I get into town. Sorry!
I will be back in town Tuesday night and upload them then. Check Wednesday morning.

I will have the stream ready for the weekly on the 12th, for sure. I can't make it to this next one coming up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No ride to megabus tho, would also be first time in years since ged riding bus again. I still not comfortable doing it.
If HM is alrdy going, maybe next weekly I'll talk with him if he feels like giving 2 or 3 people a ride.

Last edited:

Valdens

Smash Ace
I'll probably drive free carpool to TCG.

Let's get a preliminary list:

1. Valdens
2. Sinister Shane
3. MegaMindless
4. Lieutenant Castro

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll take a spot.
I'll take any spot in any carpool, long as we talk bout the sheeeeeeeet beforehand along with housing situation when meetup to leave or even housed by you before going etc.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So two things.

1. I'm up for a Carpool. My truck is currently unreliable because it needs a new battery.

2. I'm in a big dilemma. I'm losing my job, and now my parents are basically sick of me living at home, so now they're making me pay rent monthly. I honestly don't have the financial means to upkeep that. I'm at a loss for what to do since my income blows. I'll be on life support for a few months but I'll eventually dry out.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that heromystic :/

I can't make TGC, but I will be able to do carpools for future out of city tournaments.

Hoping for Mango to wreck leffen in winners and then leffen to wreck losers and reset bracket. And then whatever happens I will be cool with :)

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
I need Mango to avenge Chillen. Did he and Leffen do the 1k money match already?

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Sorry to hear that heromystic :/

I can't make TGC, but I will be able to do carpools for future out of city tournaments.

Hoping for Mango to wreck leffen in winners and then leffen to wreck losers and reset bracket. And then whatever happens I will be cool with :)
Nope

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I have never really popped off or acted hype after a win, but I popped off after game 3 and was hype that last stock of game 4.

I'm salty. I've grown to like mango but I'm also a lef fan so im not too sad. I don't like box or pp that much though so I'm rooting for arm and leffen to tear it up.

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
That game 3 comeback was nuts. I guess go Hbox? USA?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have no allegiance to anyone, so it's like watching monkey's dance for me. :applejack:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Lol noooooo!!!! I have never rooted for him. Mangoku is still in this. Hbox aka krillen is bout to get bopped by Armadahan and leffrieza will take out pp trunks.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm with Espy.

Better than Diddy dances tho.

Amsa's Yoshi makes me want to go Mario in Melee.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I just don't wanna see PPMD win. I feel like Leffen or Armada taking this would make for a better ending and help the scene out.

EDIT: I take it back, hes using marth lol

Last edited:

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
It's amazing they fit it all in giving the circumstances.
Go PP I guess. I'm just glad leffen lost

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's amazing they fit it all in giving the circumstances.
Go PP I guess. I'm just glad leffen lost
It's past 2 am. Even later over there in Jersey. It didn't "fit" by any definition of the word. :applejack:

Last edited:
Top Bottom