• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Sorry about the non existsnt full weekend apex smash fest that never happened. The Super Bowl made it so the days i requested off didn't matter. If I'm gonna continue being a local player I'm gonna need new hours cause I can't do anything ever...unless I quit my job and move back in with my parents :/ :165:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
@Nike. I may not be able to attend a Sun monthly finals due to work. I could take the day off but I need to save my vacation hours for an out of state wedding I'm attending, being out for the whole week of. But we'll see. Unusual that you want to avoid tourney conflicts that way, but okay. I'm indifferent about paying top 10. In weeklies, you could deem former A/S ranks similar to the old system and have them alts only like the old Nikefest x.5s
:phone:

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
We can do onesies if you want to cc in a a bit
*was it laggy or something CCC?

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
We can do onesies if you want to cc in a a bit
thanks for the match. I needed the practice with link. I keep forgetting to bait an edgeguard so I can up-b people, and I needed to work on mixing in smash attacks and grabs into my standard combo. thanks for that, but next time, leave the handicap option off please.

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
thanks for the match. I needed the practice with link. I keep forgetting to bait an edgeguard so I can up-b people, and I needed to work on mixing in smash attacks and grabs into my standard combo. thanks for that, but next time, leave the handicap option off please.

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
Yea I had it on for the 4 player match with my buddies who don't play much. I turned it of it the 1v1.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
no, it was still on when we battled 1 on 1. still, I would recommend you practice empty short hops and backflips and the like. it can confuse your opponent and lead to them running right into your knee more times then not. :p

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to play offline tomorrow night? I don't want to be rusty next week because I didn't play for 2 weeks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you have anything Santi, I might end up showing later. I haven't slept yet, so Imma be waking up crazy late today. :applejack:

Valdens

Smash Ace
Someone come play Smash Bros. tonight, you can some whenever starting now. 9411 Fall Pass Street. Text me at 509-844-6977 if you're coming.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Damnit Valdens with your super late notice. Tried to talk my ride in taking me out right now but they don't feel like it in this yucky weather. >_>

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Santi gave me his video thumbnail template for me to mess around with. I tried remember y'alls suggestions but I came up around:

Text for Semis and Finals will added accordingly.

If Nike was still heading to Otaku tomorrow, what time? I kinda wanna go to take a look too.
Nike and I are going to plan out the set ups, especially for the recording/stream set ups. I get out of work around 6 and plan to meet Nike there. Espy is tagging along so I'm picking him up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you feel like making the drive over here, it's up to you.
Otherwise sleep schedule is borked and would prolly wake up around 5 or something so I won't be checking fb and such if you say something before then and already out and about.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I guess might as well. Not that big of a detour -- it's generally along the way if I take Mainland. I'll try to text y'all right when I get out of work. FB for second measure.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You mean hoo hah
And why do you say that, mean for SA or just everywhere in general cause diddy sheik and toss up for top 5-12 being whatever (sonic pika rosalina ness fox etc.)

Valdens

Smash Ace
Maybe in SA too, but I mostly meant everywhere in general. I dunno, the gap that separates skill levels just feels so much smaller.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's prolly just early in the game and nobody knowing what the hell to do but aggressive play or camp/zone all day but I kinda understand where even lower skill level people tend to be a bit more even against others that're clearly better than them.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
question, why is Wuhu Island not tournament legal? only reason I can see why not would be that one bit where for a fiew seconds you're skimming the water(hazard), maybe because of the boat section. Is this why?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Because APEX so most places were doing their ruleset for now along with too scared of change.
With APEX over, tier list discussion MU discussion stagelists rules and other things will most likely be talked about in the coming months.

As for wuhu island, it's delfino and Skyloft but much much bigger, a lot more walkoffs and places to camp.
The boat thing is not a common pattern but that glitch also mostly happens for Dthrows like ness lucario pikachu wario etc.
Guess also some hazards but doesn't matter much since just a balloon that does 10% and water on the circle arena, except the boat one being pirate ship and being killed by it if you're not quick enough to jump (ala big blue speed in water)

CCCM89

Smash Ace
well hopefully there are more stages brought into legality soon. I like the ones we use now, but a little more variety would be nice. I also hope they add in a few more when they finish up mewtwo. I doubt they will, but it would still be nice

Edit: I have learned to glide toss. Dear god, I don't think I'll ever be the same again...O_o

Last edited:
Maybe in SA too, but I mostly meant everywhere in general. I dunno, the gap that separates skill levels just feels so much smaller.
I felt like this too, with the hitstun and guaranteed follow ups even I stand a chance against some people who are way better than me

Wow just watched me vs slush game 2... slush you must have a guardian angel..

Last edited:
Top Bottom