• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bah. Tried out online on the Wii-U finally since I am up at pass midnight tonight, only time gigs are free. Still not good. It has the worse kind of lag imaginable, the kind that seems ok at first but then when you try to do an action it doesn't do anything until a couple of frames after you put in the input (as opposed to going slow or w/e) but everything else is fine. Ah well, I'll just have to settle with only in person Smash.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Anyone for some early smashing today, like 8:00-10:00 am? I've got to be on-call on the west part of town, so I have some time to kill. I don't have a controller with me tho.

Ninjilla

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, please add me to the first post!

User: Ninjilla

Characters: Ganondorf, Link, Tink

Nintendo ID: Ninjilla

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Can you add me to the first post

User: Souless_Shadow
Characters: Dark Pit, Toon Link, and Robin
NNID: Souless_Shadow

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll show up around 5ish Valdens. I'll text before I head out. :applejack:

Updated the first post too.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Here's something humorous. The adapter my brother-in-law ordered for me from Amazon that he found for a good price came in last night. It wasn't the right adapter. He ended up ordering me the Mayflash adapter. Totally the wrong thing.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Here's something humorous. The adapter my brother-in-law ordered for me from Amazon that he found for a good price came in last night. It wasn't the right adapter. He ended up ordering me the Mayflash adapter. Totally the wrong thing.
That is quite the mess up. How would someone even mix that up with the wii u gamecube adaptor

Last edited:

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
WHATSUP! I'm a smasher that happens to live in San Antonio! I plan on coming to one of the future tournaments and I'm excited to meet and play with you all.

Edit-I'll probably be attending next Saturdays tourney so hopefully I'll see some of you then. I'm also interested in hosting my own some time soon

Last edited:

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
My family isn't into video games like me. It took like 10 minuets to explain to my dad why that wasn't the right adapter.
I know mayflash is coming out with their own wii u adapter though. There's some reviews of it on YouTube but I haven't seen it being sold anywhere yet.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I had a feeling it'd be those adapters that plug into the wiimote.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Misconceptions is a dangerous thing. My relatives aren't that big on gaming either so when we did our Secret Santa wishlists I had to stay away from video game accessories and pony. Disney plushes though are understandable. Hell I did just mention a month ago that I almost bought that Luigi controller that was only an accessory to the Wiimote rather an authentic GCN controller port.

Good times at Ooples though for SAM1. Wish I had more time for friendlies, but thoughts and such til after I get off work. And for being bracket only, my short ass list of shoutouts will wait til results thread.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Thank you so much for the help today, Beros. You made 54730867589645 things happen on a moments notice and I owe you big time. <3

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I think I have hit a wall where I can't seem to improve. I know I have a bunch of bad habits from playing years of N64 and melee non-competitively. I stopped playing around the time brawl came out, so I'm super rusty also. I have been trying to research and practice advanced techs, but I think old habits are hard to break.

If anyone with good game knowedge would be willing to 1v1 me whether live or online, and give feedback I'd appreciate it!

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
How was that tourney that happened today?! I'm on my way back home from Florida so I was unable to attend.

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
when will the next semi-large meet-up happen? I want to get some good 1v1 practice in with people who are actually good and don't try to abuse lag issues to win.
There's a tourney on the 10th you can come compete and meet lots of peeps and do friendlies

Top Bottom