• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
All the energy from the tourney and six hours of sleep. My mind was still stirring from excitement that I didn't fall asleep for a while. I could barely stay awake for during my 12hr shift either.

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Is anybody gonna be attending the tourney next week? It'll be my first and I'm super excited

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Wavedash L canceling and eventually realizing Melee scene has incredibly salty players that'll make you feel uncomfortable to be around.
As a melee player that last part is on point with smash 4. No game has ever made me so legitimately mad not even brawls tripping was as bad as sticky ledges

Anybody doing anything tomorrow?(:
I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably have smash 4 goin at night to prep for Saturday

Last edited:

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Lol the rage is real. I'm stuck in between the problem in that I feel sm4sh is too slow but melee is too fast for me. Pm seems just perfect though, I guess I just gotta get used to the faster inputs for melee...

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Super salty I'm gonna miss singles again this weekend :/

Hopefully in February I won't be as busy and I will have more time to practice and go to local tourneys.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Lol the rage is real. I'm stuck in between the problem in that I feel sm4sh is too slow but melee is too fast for me. Pm seems just perfect though, I guess I just gotta get used to the faster inputs for melee...
You just gotta be more precise in melee than all the other games. Takes a lot of practice to get the techs down and that's just the basics. Like wavedash ing and l cancels those gotta feel like second nature to the point where you don't even think about the inputs. Add the fact that most melee vets have years more experience and you've got a hard road to climb.

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
You just gotta be more precise in melee than all the other games. Takes a lot of practice to get the techs down and that's just the basics. Like wavedash ing and l cancels those gotta feel like second nature to the point where you don't even think about the inputs. Add the fact that most melee vets have years more experience and you've got a hard road to climb.
But don't think they're hard to learn or anything. Wave dashing is one of the easiest techs to learn and isn't as important as L canceling. Once you feel like you can move around and be free, you're golden

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I just always catch myself missing punishes that are easy to connect. Thankfully my homie william
(doubles partner) has been teaching me the ways of melee. We're training all week for the tournament but neither of us play as much melee as we should. We will probably get stomped but it should still be good fun and a good way to see what other melee teams are doing as well as developing our 1v1 game. Anyway Sm4sh is where we're really hoping to shine.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Looking to be a good chance I make it Ultra this weekend. Convinced Allison to go shopping/get nails did.

I will probably need a partner considering that @ Paw Paw probably wants to drop me after my horrible play with a hangover this last weekend :p

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
just had a 6 hour smash marathon with my friend, Jesse (MSM). He's looking to cause some damage at this upcoming tourney ;P
have fun! @ Incendiary Incendiary I'd go, but I'm all smashed out atm plus I'm meeting friends later tonight

Top Bottom